eFX Stormtrooper helmet questions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthTrafford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just placed an order for one of these off Amazon.
Got it for lower than the eFX site was selling it for.
To anyone who owns one,I have a few questions.
1. Does it come with foam padding inside?
I've seen some reviews and some say there's no padding in it at all and some say there is.

2.Are the lenses easy to see thru?
I had a Stormtrooper helmet(I think it was a Rubies Stormtrooper Helmet,or something like that) that I got at FYI in my local mall years ago and the lenses were awful.

3.Do you like it?
I know that Master Replica put out a 1:1 helmet but I heard they're impossible to find at a reasonable price.
I paid a little extra for Saturday delivery,so I hope it's well worth it.

Ok

1. there is no support padding or webbing just thin foam strips so there is no head on plastic contact.

2. Lenses are very see through

3. I love it!

I bet you mean the Precision Cast one from eFX. The one from Episode IV? That's the one I have, and I can tell you that I love it.

1. Here is a picture of mine on the inside. It has a cheap quality foam padding, but it does the job.

CAM00116.jpg

2. The lenses are green, but they are quite easy to see through. Generally, your sight is very impaired wearing one of these helmet, but I wouldn't say that these lenses makes it any harder than it already is. :)

3. As I said. I love it. It's one of the most iconic props you can have, and the Precision Cast line of collectibles from eFX are VERY affordable. You can an epic and iconic piece for very little money. Great deal.

Regards,
Chris

:)

IMG_9916.jpg

I also have the efx with the green lenses and looks pretty cool :) I rather had grey lenses I think..but I might switch them out (I know.. green is used in ANH)

They are are great, cheaper alternative if you can't lay your hands on a CE.

Personally I'm gonna wait for eFX's Legend Stormtrooper helmet.

I'm in the same boat waiting for the Legend Stormtrooper to be release but that might take some time so I'm tempted to get the CE off Amazon. I never cared for the green lenses but there pretty easy to switch out. I might just get one to hold me over.

I just placed an order for one of these off Amazon.
Got it for lower than the eFX site was selling it for.
To anyone who owns one,I have a few questions.
1. Does it come with foam padding inside?
I've seen some reviews and some say there's no padding in it at all and some say there is.

2.Are the lenses easy to see thru?
I had a Stormtrooper helmet(I think it was a Rubies Stormtrooper Helmet,or something like that) that I got at FYI in my local mall years ago and the lenses were awful.

3.Do you like it?
I know that Master Replica put out a 1:1 helmet but I heard they're impossible to find at a reasonable price.
I paid a little extra for Saturday delivery,so I hope it's well worth it.

Depends on what you want. For a low price helmet it is quite good. Regarding accuracy it is less accurate than most helmets out there, except Rubies, Don Post and Altmanns (though you can discuss about these too).

1. There is padding inside, a very thing layer of white foam placed like some kind of ribs inside. Not the best padding but ok for displaying it on a stand or directly on a shelf.

2. You can see pretty easy through the helmet lenses. In fact the lenses are too transparent, they could have made them darker green, people can see your eye inside the lid. Being flat lenses is easier to see outside compared to bubble lenses of course (present on Hero TK lids, TIE and AT-AT driver).

3. I like it despite its obvious flaws. It's the less accurate Stormie helmet from my collection, but still pretty cool. Though if someone would want a good Stormie helmet, I'd redirect them to RS Prop Masters, advice him to save a bit of $, and then get the ultimate Stunt helmet out there. Or some other cool fan made like CfO, TE/TE2, TM or even CAP, ATA etc.

Forgot to say that MR CE Stormie helmet is 99% identical to eFX Precision Cast (PCR) one.

My old video of this MR CE helmet:

Last edited:
Sergiu , how does the RS bucket compare to the proposed eFX hero helmet in terms of accuracy? I know this can only be speculation at this point but RS make a big claim about their lids accuracy.

Last edited:
Sergiu , how does the RS bucket compare to the proposed eFX hero helmet in terms of accuracy? I know this can only be speculation at this point but RS make a big claim about their lids accuracy.

The RS is a Stunt helmet as the eFX will be a Hero helmet. So there are some differences already. I love my RS bucket, simply awesome! RS were keeping their molds with the original warps and dents, but not sure eFX will be doing that to the same scale. They cleaned up the Legend Vader a lot. But we'll see when released.

I got a 'new' efx Blackhole bucket. I noticed that it had the decals on the cheeks and on the top (both front and back). When i checked for online pictures for comparison, all didnt have those.

Did it really come with decals to be applied? You think its better if i removed those on my bucket?

I bet you mean the Precision Cast one from eFX. The one from Episode IV? That's the one I have, and I can tell you that I love it.

1. Here is a picture of mine on the inside. It has a cheap quality foam padding, but it does the job.

View attachment 87739

2. The lenses are green, but they are quite easy to see through. Generally, your sight is very impaired wearing one of these helmet, but I wouldn't say that these lenses makes it any harder than it already is. :)

3. As I said. I love it. It's one of the most iconic props you can have, and the Precision Cast line of collectibles from eFX are VERY affordable. You can an epic and iconic piece for very little money. Great deal.

Regards,
Chris

:)

IMG_9916.jpg

PRICELESS photo!!!!

I too love this helmet. The only thing I didn't like was that I could see my eyes through the thin green lenses, so I bought a much better custom set and now I consider it a great display helmet. Its also fun to break out for odd pics like the Imperial crawfish boil...
trooperboil.jpg

Appreciate your inputs ;)

I got a 'new' efx Blackhole bucket. I noticed that it had the decals on the cheeks and on the top (both front and back). When i checked for online pictures for comparison, all didnt have those.

Did it really come with decals to be applied? You think its better if i removed those on my bucket?

Wish EFX releases more PCS helmets, they are affordable enough for cosplay fun

Strange why they start with one and stop there.

Wish EFX releases more PCS helmets, they are affordable enough for cosplay fun

Strange why they start with one and stop there.

Yeah, the PCS helmets are a great alternative for people like me (tight-arses and people without as much disposable income as others). I love mine, especially since I bought some black lenses to replace the not-quite-ideal green ones supplied. I would love to see some more, but I understand they may feel it would damage sales of the higher-end versions.

Back