Statue 1/6th scale prop class opened and closed alien eggs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonshadow918

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So my buddy finally got his hottoys 1/6th scar predator 2.0 last week, although I'm a 1:10 scale 7" figure collector but I still have say that's one piece of art! I love both AVP and AVPR movies, to me my favorite predator movies are:

AVP>AVPR>predator1>predator3>predator2

By the way I was a big predator fan until NECA totally destroyed my interests in predators by releasing endless waves of predator figures, now I stopped my 7" predator collection but I still really wish hottoys could make 7" inch figures from AVP and AVPR, if they do I will totally buy the ***** out of them!

Anyway we were going to build a diorama together but couldn't find any right scale alien eggs, the only ones we can find on ebay are the hottoys snap kit case eggs, but the details are poor and colour scheme is not right, so I did some custom and cast a few, then hand painted with tamiya's paints, which looks like this:

IMG_6127_zps629516ee.jpg

I tried to give them wet and transparent looking and added some clear paints mixed with a bit white at the edges to it looks like mucus, it looks pretty good but still kinda lack of details, until the sideshow 1:1 scale movie prop class eggs inspired me, I tried add a layer of dry membrane on the surface to create the effect of afterbirth slowly dried and starting to fall:

largeegg1_zpsa47f07aa.jpg

I have to say it's pretty successful and now they looks far more real than in the beginning

largeeggs5_zps7175ea6d.jpg

then I used pink+white+flash+a bit green to paint the inside of eggs

largeeggs4_zpsee7b0656.jpg

:lectureI saw some other custom alien eggs people did, very fine paintjob but colour is not quite right, they usually paint the inside very red or pink, however I believe the inside of alien eggs should be the colour the skin of "new born alien" from Alien 4 plus a bit pink so it looks morbid and toxic.

largeegg3_zpsb391bf10.jpg

I also made some closed ones, to me I like the closed ones better:

largeclosed_zpsed62673b.jpg

Although I'm the one who made them, but I still have to say: those are some disgusting things...ewwwwwww what have I done...:monkey2
largeclosed3_zps417d72ac.jpg

anyway I'm happy to share my works here and I'd like to know how you guys think about them? If you got any idea to improve them, please let me know~:hi5:
largeeggsboth_zps820b9eeb.jpg

Thanks for watching guys~ :)

I never really had an order but the AVP predators are my least favorite of the predators.I never cared even for the wolf that much.

My favorite predator would be from the first movie i think, but i am also a fan of comics too.The predators in some of the comics are badass

:clap Beautiful work on those eggs, don't change a thing they look perfect. Can you post a pic of them next to hot toys scar for scale? Also it's nice to see another fan of the avp movies, they get trashed pretty hard on here usually :1-1: :lol

Those are awesome man :clap. The membrane is a really nice touch which is missing on a lot of others I see. Cant recommend anything to improve what you have already done but adding some tendrils/tentacle the root looking things :lol spreading out from the bottom and these would be incredible!

I Saw your reply in the queen thread too. Once I’m up to date with my orders etc. I will shoot you a PM about the skull.

You should also look up the Bandi AvP MonsterArts figures. Smaller I think than the Neca ones but much better detail.

Predator 2>Predator>AvP>Predators>AvPR :nana:

Those are awesome man :clap. The membrane is a really nice touch which is missing on a lot of others I see. Cant recommend anything to improve what you have already done but adding some tendrils/tentacle the root looking things :lol spreading out from the bottom and these would be incredible!

I Saw your reply in the queen thread too. Once I’m up to date with my orders etc. I will shoot you a PM about the skull.

You should also look up the Bandi AvP MonsterArts figures. Smaller I think than the Neca ones but much better detail.

Predator 2>Predator>AvP>Predators>AvPR :nana:

Surely I'm going after the monsterarts's wolf predator however the only disappointment is the scale, my passion of 7" figures started from Mcfarlane's movie maniac series, the Japanese figures are quite detailed and well designed but they never come in scale!!! I mean look at the production line in 2014, we got 10" PA KAI's alien figures, we got 6" BANDAI AVPR figures, why??????????????????:slap

:clap Beautiful work on those eggs, don't change a thing they look perfect. Can you post a pic of them next to hot toys scar for scale? Also it's nice to see another fan of the avp movies, they get trashed pretty hard on here usually :1-1: :lol

the only 1/6hth figure I have in hand is a custom zombie figure:

IMG_6421_zps606b285d.jpg

next to NECA’s 7“ inch figure:

IMG_6424_zpsd4762a18.jpg

so they are quite large

Back