The Price is Allways Too HIGH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Debt

Super Freak
Reaction score
New member here. I have read a ton of threads and there is one common theme.

The price is always too high.

Doesn't matter what it is, it seems like most of the posts are about the price.

Because this board is full of FLIPPERS :exactly:

They buy figures with the only intention of reselling them for profit.

Then there'e a select few that buy the Rainman , Betomatali , & Iminime figures that are limited edition , recieve the figure , within 1 week they sell it for 3 times as much as they paid for it.

They do it because they have 1st dibs on getting one , even if they don't like the character . They still buy it and flip it.

Stay Clear of them :wave

Oh and on top of that , this newer rule that was made where you don't have to list a set price is ridiculous . I'm so sick of hearing ......

Will entertain offers
Best Offer
Send me an offer

This isn't ebay

Some flippers, but also a great deal of corporate greed is to blame.

Also, this
[ame]https://youtu.be/x4o-TeMHys0[/ame]

Then there'e a select few that buy the Rainman , Betomatali , & Iminime figures that are limited edition , recieve the figure , within 1 week they sell it for 3 times as much as they paid for it.

They do it because they have 1st dibs on getting one , even if they don't like the character . They still buy it and flip it.

Oh and on top of that , this newer rule that was made where you don't have to list a set price is ridiculous . I'm so sick of hearing ......

Will entertain offers
Best Offer
Send me an offer

This isn't ebay

First time I've wanted a like button.

But OP didn't single out the commerce section. Price is being brought up more and more in HT threads because there is a perception that HT prices have increased out of reasonable proportion to what they were a couple of years back, and sometimes on pretty bare-boned sets (ie Selina Kyle). Few people complain about EB or medicom prices because their prices have remained pretty constant, albeit from a relatively high base.

Edit: er, yeh, what Kara and Dave just said while I was writing all that :)

First time I've wanted a like button.

Nice change of subject - I'm sure he was talking about mass produced figures.

Sorry Dave , I just assumed he was referring to Custom figures because that's where all the high prices are.

Most people on here are good Freaks who will sell Hot Toys way under current ebay scalper prices.

There are a few that sell it for retail still . And the other mark it up for what it's going for on ebay with please add 3% for fees.

*****ing about the price of things is human nature, be it a gallon of milk or a $300 doll.

Don't really mind flippers. Snooze you lose. These days, new HT figs are on the market for a good while... they produce a lot. If you don't manage to pick it up within 2-3 months AFTER release... your fault.

Don't really mind flippers. Snooze you lose. These days, new HT figs are on the market for a good while... they produce a lot. If you don't manage to pick it up within 2-3 months AFTER release... your fault.

He could also be referring to the fact that even retail, prices are getting kind of outrageous. :dunno

When I 1st came here I had mainly sideshow and one of the guys said I'd spend loads on customs I said I'd never but now practically my whole detolf is customs. MG's Grinch to Rainmans pee wee with bike, betomatalis ash and pennywise list goes on!

I'd rather spend the extra and get something more limited also because companies for me don't produce what I like, so I turned to customs. This hobby is pricey but when you own a piece of art it's worth the price.

I want the beto beetlejuice but I'm not willing to drop $1k+ for it

And it's my first jan here but I'm seeing a lot of customs up for sale

Last edited:
Nature of any hobby. Why would you sell a HTs figure on here for retail or less if it's selling for way more on eBay?

The only thing I don't like is when people sell and buy Preorders for way over retail. Some collectors want it first by a month or so for bragging rights for some reason and are willing to spend double or more just to get it first. Seems ridiculous to me. And it drives up pricing.

Will entertain offers
Best Offer
Send me an offer

This isn't ebay
seinfeld.gif

Nature of any hobby. Why would you sell a HTs figure on here for retail or less if it's selling for way more on eBay?.

:exactly: while I don't think this is the spirit of the thread, i understand the frustration with the sales forum.

While I am fine with folks making a few dollars, it has become more less eBay minor. Used to post items on here to help freaks acquire figs while making a few bucks. Many today base their pricing on eBay to secure the best price possible. Don't get me started on adding shipping and paypal fees to already escalated prices......worthless bastids. :lol

:exactly: while I don't think this is the spirit of the thread, i understand the frustration with the sales forum.

While I am fine with folks making a few dollars, it has become more less eBay minor. Used to post items on here to help freaks acquire figs while making a few bucks. Many today base their pricing on eBay to secure the best price possible. Don't get me started on adding shipping and paypal fees to already escalated prices......worthless bastids. :lol

:goodpost:

I don't mind paying for insured and trackable shipping.. but I've never accepted that whole 'buyer pays the PayPal fee' idea.. PayPal allows people to have the equivalent of a credit card facility for their sales and to accept payment from overseas, which is extremely complicated and expensive to organise any other way... so I sure as shoot ain't paying a surcharge for a seller to accept my money.

The way some people carry on here you'd think some evil entity was compelling them to shell out their hard-earned cash for a dolly they don't want.

Back