Help for Custom water effect on a base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerox_dogma

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi what I can use for make water effect on a base. I have some premium formats statues.
I love the look of the predator cinemaquette water effect.
Thanks for help.

Last edited:
E Z water is great.

woou1506.jpg

There are a lot of model railroad supplies for creating water and waves etc.

Hi Zerox_Dogma

I have used a few water effect products. EZ water from woodland scenics is great but can shrink a little and pull your Dio base apart. Also it does tend to turn a yellow colour after a while. It all depends where you live as some product are more available in in the US than in the UK where I live.... if you can look up Delux Materials Solid Water... Its a two part resin that sets hard. Very durable, and sets crystal clear if used correctly. Pigments can also be used if you wish murky effects ect. You do have to paint the base to give depth but this can be used to create deep pools. To create that effect with other products on the market you need to multi layer and with 24 hour curing time each time can take weeks. You can also use other products from their range to give ripples waves ect. I have added a couple of pics of my Dios using this.... There is another product just like this readerly available in the US called magic water, perhaps check that too....

Hope this helps?

Back