Rate the last Anime you watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chargersfan57

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought since we have this thread for other topics, then why not for anime as well...?

I'm trying to do my part and bring more traffic to this section. And this thread could help people decide on what to watch next.

This is strictly for anime series and movies.

So whether you loved a series, or hated a series, tell us why.

(Please do try to keep spoilers to a minimum)

Last edited:
Re: Rate the last Anime you finished.

What's yours?
Watched Claymore again recently. Still a great show, hoping for a second season but highly unlikely. Great action and story.

What's yours?
Watched Claymore again recently. Still a great show, hoping for a second season but highly unlikely. Great action and story.

I'm actually watching Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne right now and I'm really enjoying it. But I haven't finished it yet. Will give full rating soon.

Is Claymore really good? It's one of the 42 animes I have saved under my "saved for later" list on Amazon.

I enjoyed it. Has a great back story to it which I hoped could have been more developed in a second season. I think the manga continues but the anime just stopped.
A few of my favs are Kenshin, Escaflowne, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.
Seen any of those?

I enjoyed it. Has a great back story to it which I hoped could have been more developed in a second season. I think the manga continues but the anime just stopped.
A few of my favs are Kenshin, Escaflowne, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.
Seen any of those?

No but I've heard of Tenshin, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. I'm fairly new to anime and only own 8 anime series. It's kinda weird but I Iike to buy my anime before I even watch them.

Maybe not smart but I use reviews and maybe watch the first episode online or on netflix to decide. Must be lucky because everything I've seen so far I've really loved.

Whether I finished them or not.

Watching High School of the Dead on netflix is wat recently got me into anime...

I'm actually watching Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne right now and I'm really enjoying it. But I haven't finished it yet. Will give full rating soon.

Is Claymore really good? It's one of the 42 animes I have saved under my "saved for later" list on Amazon.

IMO Rin got progressively worse. It never got bad, but I felt it was strongest early on.

As for me, I've been watching this fun show called Yuru Yuri recently. I don't really believe in numerical rating; I just like to review something with words. Long story short, it's a very fun laid back series. It's one of those slice of life series with a bunch of teenage girls doing daily shenanigans. I like it quite a bit and it has a great cast.

No but I've heard of Tenshin, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. I'm fairly new to anime and only own 8 anime series. It's kinda weird but I Iike to buy my anime before I even watch them.

Maybe not smart but I use reviews and maybe watch the first episode online or on netflix to decide. Must be lucky because everything I've seen so far I've really loved.

Whether I finished them or not.

Watching High School of the Dead on netflix is wat recently got me into anime...

Watched high school of the dead. Not a bad show.
Other great ones I've seen are Berserk, Princess Mononoke and Laputa.

We finally have an Anime section! :clap

I know I've probably mentioned this before, but I can't stop raving about the newest adaptation of Hunter X Hunter. Smart writing, compelling action, and deep character development. Do yourself a favour and marathon it!

Other series that loved last year was Shin Sekai Yori and Blood Lad. As for movies, I recently watched The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki and really enjoyed it.

Can't remember what I watched last, but I'll just start with Steins;Gate.

9.5/10. Probably my most favorite anime of the last few years. Great writing, the chemistry is just there. And finally, another great anime with no flashy fighting or robots.

Been trying to get into Code Geass... but the art style is extremely distracting for me. I hate it.

Starting Hunter X Hunter.

And patiently waiting for Gintama to come back.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention an anime I just recently finished. And I aint afraid to admit it...

B Gata H Kei Yamata's first time.

Despite the title and premise this was actually a very good romance comedy. It had me cracking up multiple times each and every episode. 9/10. LOVED it!

So if you guys haven't, make sure you give it a chance...

Can't remember what I watched last, but I'll just start with Steins;Gate.

9.5/10.

Steins Gate is one of the 8 animes that I own. Can't wait to watch it.

It's been a while last anime i watched in full was FMAB 10/10 great characters .

Black butler still watching it still waiting for something to happen.

It's been a while last anime i watched in full was FMAB 10/10 great characters .

Black butler still watching it still waiting for something to happen.

I liked the original version better. I started to watch Brotherhood but couldn't finish it. Maybe i'll give it another go.

As a whole, Brotherhood is better.

Some of the early stuff isn't nearly as developed/dramatized as the original, but by the end, it doesn't really matter.

I haven't read the manga but I heard brotherhood is not true to the books? Or is it the other way round?

I might have to give Brotherhood another try.
Anybody else watch Initial D? Did the 5th stage just end abruptly?

People go back and forth on whether brotherhood or the original is better. Most people I've heard from though say brotherhood is better.

Brotherhood is better overall, but I found the original anime more engaging in that it tried more to be its own thing, and much darker. Brotherhood is more in line with your typical shounen and goes for the most happy ending possible and such. That being said, the ending to the original anime was ____.

Brotherhood is better overall, but I found the original anime more engaging in that it tried more to be its own thing, and much darker. Brotherhood is more in line with your typical shounen and goes for the most happy ending possible and such. That being said, the ending to the original anime was ____.

Good to know giving the first series a shot soon.

Back