Definitive movie list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budafett

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was shopping on Amazon and always wondered if there is a commonly known definitive list of movies that every freak/fanboy/nerd/movie fan needs to own?

I've always thought that these would be the first on my list:

1) Star Wars Saga
2) Indiana Jones Collection
3) Lord of the Rings/Hobbit collections
4) Marvel's Avenger Universe
5) The Godfather

What else deserves a spot?

I was shopping on Amazon and always wondered if there is a commonly known definitive list of movies that every freak/fanboy/nerd/movie fan needs to own?

I've always thought that these would be the first on my list:

1) Star Wars Saga
2) Indiana Jones Collection
3) Lord of the Rings/Hobbit collections
4) Marvel's Avenger Universe
5) The Godfather

What else deserves a spot?
Nolan Batman trilogy. James Bond films. Star Trek films. Rocky 1-6, Rambo 1-4

Movies that every freak/fanboy/nerd/movie fan needs to own are the movies they like. Not what people think they should like.

Back to the Future Trilogy, Alien(s) Films, Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Great suggestions so far! I know the list is subjective but I'd like to see what other people think mad what's missing in my personal collection so I can fill holes!

Blade Runner (Director's Cut) is definitely one of my all-time favourites that would fit well with these suggestions.

I'd add the Matrix films, Alien and Aliens (and maybe Prometheus), Blade Runner and T1 and T2. Ghostbusters and BTTF too.

I'd omit the SW prequels and probably the Hobbit films, the way they're turning out. Godfather 3, too.

Brilliant movie, no doubt. Geek movie? I don't know. If we're just going to include all the great movies made, you could start with the AFI greatest 100 movies list.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Planet of the Apes (1968)
ALIEN (1979)
The Thing (1982)

g18b57b5a.jpg

Back