Electric Tiki "Tooned Up" Buffy Survey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanandre

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi All
I have been speaking to the good folks at Electric Tiki about their upcoming "Tooned Up" Buffy line.

Since I'm really excited about the line, they asked me if I'd be interested in creating a poll to see what folks think.

I created a survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=916432870266

It asks you to rate the characters in order of which ones you most want to see.

Also, it asks what episode specific versions of Buffy and team you'd most like to see.
Thanks in advance
Dean

This is a great idea to post. I have really gotten into GG animated lines and this was another line right down that same road. I was only hesitant because I had no idea of the intentions of ET as to how deep into Buffy they would go. But this lets us know that they may go quite a ways. Thanks, and I filled it out.

I sent my thoughts. Hopefully it went through, because I didn't really get a confirmation screen or anything.

Check out the Electric Tiki site again! There are 4 new images with more of a SMG likeness and "Chosen" and "The Gift" designs!

https://www.electrictiki.com/tooned-up/buffy.html

By the way, when you complete the survey it does just redirect you to the home page. It does not give you the option to see the results of the survey.

I will post the results here when the survey closes, which I'm thinking about doing either Friday or Monday. I may also be able to open the survey so you can view the details of the survey directly, but I think it might require users to have an account (which I believe is free to those who just want to view).

Thanks to all who have participated so far. There are over 130 responses so far.
Dean (deanandre)

The survey is now closed and the results can be viewed here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/Report.asp?U=287026633716

Below is a summary of the results:

1) Rate the following characters in order that you most want. (Choose one number level per character.)
Results are in order based on the average total score. Lower average score means higher demand.
1- Buffy (2.85)
2- Spike (3.60)
3- Angel (4.38)
4- Willow (4.41)
5- Faith (5.47)
6- Giles (5.71)
7- Xander (5.77)
8- Anya (6.02)
9- Cordelia (6.17)
10-Tara (6.58)
11-Oz (7.08)
12-Dawn (8.29)

2) Of the following, which Buffy outfit/variation would you MOST like to see in the line? (Choose only one.)
- 27.4% "Chosen" final battle attire with Slayer Scythe
- 15.3% "Once More with Feeling" confrontation with Sweet
- 14.9% "Becoming" attire with Sword of Angelus
- 13.0% An Original Design
- 10.7% "Prophecy Girl" dress with Crossbow
- 7.9% "The Gift" with Ulaf's Hammer
- 6.0% "Graduation Day" with Faith's knife
- 4.7% Other

3) Of the following, which Buffy outfit/variation would you NEXT MOST like to see in the line? (Choose only one.)
- 23.2% "Chosen" final battle attire with Slayer Scythe
- 15.0% "The Gift" with Ulaf's Hammer
- 14.0% "Prophecy Girl" dress with Crossbow
- 12.6% "Becoming" attire with Sword of Angelus
- 11.6% "Once More with Feeling" confrontation with Sweet
- 10.1% "Graduation Day" with Faith's knife
- 8.7% An Original Design
- 4.8% Other

4) Of the vampires on the show, would you rather see Vamp face, Human face, or both?
While most would like to see both, human faces are preferred over vamp only faces.

5) What are some episode specific variants you'd like to see of the following characters? some popular choices listed below
- For Buffy: In addition to the episodes mention in survey questions 2 and 3:
Welcome to the Hellmouth
Primeval
Doublemeat Palace
Hush
Beer Bad
Fear Itself (Little Red Riding Hood)

- For Willow:
Dopplegangland / The Wish / Vamp
Grave / Villains / Dark Willow / Evil Witch
Chosen / White Witch
OMWF
Halloween / Sexy Ghost
Inca Mummy Girl / Eskimo
Seeing Red

- For Spike:
School Hard / with axe
Tabula Rasa / Randy Giles
Chosen
Subway Spike / Fool For Love / Lies My Parents Told Me
Doomed / Hawaiian Shirt

- For Angel:
Becoming / Victorian
Boxer Rebellion
And a few suggestions from Angel episodes, which currently Electric Tiki does not have the license for:
Orpheus / "Hippie" Angel
Not Fade Away
Smile Time
I Will Remember You

- For Faith:
Bad Girls
Chosen
Faith, Hope, and Trick
Graduation Day
This Year's Girl
And a few suggestions from Angel episodes, which currently Electric Tiki does not have the license for:
Five By Five
Enemies (Not sure about this one)
Sanctuary
Salvage

- For Anya:
Fear, Itself / Bunny Outfit
Hells Bells / Wedding Dress
OMWF
Chosen
Grave

- For Cordelia:
Halloween / Cat Outfit
The Wish / Red Leather Outfit
The Wish / Blue Dress
Graduation Day / Blue Dress
Cheerleader Outfit
Homecoming / Green Dress w/ spatula
You're Welcome
Orpheus
That Vision Thing
Waiting in the Wings
Pylean Princess

For other characters' results check out:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/Report.asp?U=287026633716

I'm pretty pleased with those character rankings. In terms of importance, I think Cordelia should be a bit higher and Faith should be a bit lower, but the results are pretty good overall.

I'd buy a "Chosen" Buffy, but I'm not happy that OMWF Buffy has such a high rating. I would much prefer a "Welcome to the Hellmouth" or "Prophecy Girl" Buffy. Also, I think a Buffy holding a stake is a must-have.

For vampire characters, I'd rather have a vampire face than a human face. Being a vampire is these characters' distinguishing trait. How can you not show them with vamp faces?

Because if they're anything like me they want to see good likenesses of the characters, and as they appeared in human guise most of the time, thats how I want to see them.

I've also noticed that some companies 'bang out' vamp faced versions of certain characters as a way of trying to diguise the fact that they can't do likeness's very well.

I don't like the tooned up stuff, but all respect to those who do. I just hope this doesn't mean the end of the "regular" line when just 3 or 4 more releases would sort of give a sense of completion.

I just realized that they didn't include Giles in this!!

Whats up with that?!!

*polishes glasses* Good lord, so he is!

I never spotted him the first time around.:lol

Interesting survey, to bad I discovered it to late. The results are o.k., from my point of view. Except for Angel, which I don't like and therefore would have ranked him much lower, and Anya would have gotten a higher place up the ranking. Again, Faith a bit lower, Cordelia a bit higher.
Anyway, I'm not sure if 'monsters' (not talking about the vampires here) where included in this survey, and although there are tons and tons of fancy looking monsters on the show, most of them make only a brief appearance, and don't leave a lasting impression (with some exceptions). Therefore I wouldn't have supported any of them anyway.
Interesting to see that Riley Finn doesn't show up in the list. Looks like I'm not the only one relieved when the "Initiative" chapter came to an end...

I agree with whoever said that Buffy with stake is a must. I'm suprised by the high demand for 'Chosen' Buffy with Scythe. In my opinion at least, that's a figure from the weakest period of the show. But I guess a lot of the people voting were fans of the later seasons versus the newer ones (I didn't realise so many existed).

Also, I personally would prefer vamps to be vamped-out. It doesn't seem to make much sense (to me) to prefer human faces because of the 'likeness', when the figures are cartoony anyway.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what comes of the line. And despite the survey results, I would be very suprised if the Buffy figure wasn't primarily holding a stake.

thamesvalidude said:
I don't like the tooned up stuff, but all respect to those who do. I just hope this doesn't mean the end of the "regular" line when just 3 or 4 more releases would sort of give a sense of completion.
Electric Tiki is a separate company, Sideshow just sells their stuff, like they sell for Medicom who also makes Star Wars 12" figures, including a Luke Skywalker. It didn't stop Sideshow from making a 12" Luke in the same outfit.

gooball said:
I agree with whoever said that Buffy with stake is a must. I'm suprised by the high demand for 'Chosen' Buffy with Scythe. In my opinion at least, that's a figure from the weakest period of the show. But I guess a lot of the people voting were fans of the later seasons versus the newer ones (I didn't realise so many existed).
QUOTE]

It would have been different if this PF were in somewhat of an "action" stance. An early days Buffy, if she just had the stake, but with some attitude, is what I was hoping for. The outfit and the pose just didn't take advantage of all the possibilities that the Premium Format, er format, provides. Having this Buffy PF with such a placid, sad look just fuels more of a desire for a second Buffy PF in an action/vampire butt-kicking pose. So, if we've already got one of her with the stake, any possible future one could move beyond that look to another iconic look which would be with the Slayer's Scythe. A beginning and and end look for two Buffy PFs.

Interesting results. However I think this line won't have more than two characters tooned up. I hope I'm wrong because I'd buy any tooned up character from the Buffyverse.

gooball said:

Also, I personally would prefer vamps to be vamped-out. It doesn't seem to make much sense (to me) to prefer human faces because of the 'likeness', when the figures are cartoony anyway.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what comes of the line. And despite the survey results, I would be very suprised if the Buffy figure wasn't primarily holding a stake.

That was me. I agree about the vampires, too. It sounds like the two of us think alike when it comes to these Tooned-Up statues.

Back