What? No one complaining about the DST Willow/Tara busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got these in and have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I thought the photos of Willow looked great, but there's something a bit off in the proportion of her head size to her body I think. I love Tara as a character, but didn't decide to get her until they announced Willow as a companion piece. I was never a fan of the likeness and it's lived up to its expectations.

Some great detail, interesting poses, good idea all around-but the final product doesn't quite fulfill the promise.

Based on pictures I've seen, Tara looks quite good, but the bust is out of scale with the other ones. Willow, on the other hand, did not come out well at all.

Oh well, I hadn't planned on picking up this set. I am waiting for the Willow one where she is turning into Dark Witch Willow.

Looking at them together, I'd say Willow is by far the better one as far as likeness. They are a bit smaller scale than the Buffy I have though. However they are almost exactly in scale with the DC Adam Hughes busts.

I just couldn't keep up with this line any longer. The quality was terrific on some items, but the ever shifting scale from the Moore stuff to the DST stuff kept me from ordering anything after Spike. Too bad that Willow isn't a home-run, she hasn't been done well in any form yet!

I quit the figures after the first Tara wave. Everything after that just didnt look too good. The Spikes were ok, but Angel and Xander for example just looked awful.. the positions the bodies were in.. the pin sized heads.. I dont get it.

I find it funny that when someone complains about Star Wars items from sideshow this entire board erupts on the person who starts the thread. Even if their complaint is legitimate. Man complain about something else though and everyone is there to agree. I understand that this is a Sideshow dedicated forum. However they can make their equal share of crap to. Just a thought. It struck me funny when I came across this.

Fanboys irritate me, too. I consider myself pretty impartial though. As far as I'm concerned, all of the collectible companies release subpar products. Some companies just do it more often than others.

BadMoon said:
I find it funny that when someone complains about Star Wars items from sideshow this entire board erupts on the person who starts the thread. Even if their complaint is legitimate. Man complain about something else though and everyone is there to agree. I understand that this is a Sideshow dedicated forum. However they can make their equal share of crap to. Just a thought. It struck me funny when I came across this.
You might consider the possibility that there are more people here who collect SW than BTVS. Also I think expectations for the SW line are much higher than for the Buffy line.

My opinion. :D

BadMoon said:
I find it funny that when someone complains about Star Wars items from sideshow this entire board erupts on the person who starts the thread.
I don't find that to be the case at all, there's usually an equal amount of Star Wars fans tearing into each other on both sides. They both just like to pretend that they are the downtrodden minority.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I don't find that to be the case at all, there's usually an equal amount of Star Wars fans tearing into each other on both sides. They both just like to pretend that they are the downtrodden minority.
Ooooo you are soooo right. ;)

They both look horrendous (especially Willow). But that doesn't surprise me. have you seen the final Buffy Vs. Dracula Buffy? The prototype was amazing and they screwed it up with the final product. I'm a DST 6 inch figure collection, but I doubt I'll start getting their busts.

Isn't it funny that people come to this board and complain about people not complaining about Sideshow? Yet, everywhere I look on the board - PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT SIDESHOW!:monkey5

I collected the busts from Moore, when they where actual busts and not 1/2 a mini statue. Stopped after Giles as the Fyarl (sp?) demon. Didn't like the new size. I was going to buy the Buffy's but they didn't look that great in person as the prototypes.

JoeSweden said:
Yeah, that's me and Jewel Staite (Kaylee, Serenity Firefly) in the avatar.

I just noticed your sig and avatar...

OMG!!!!! Not only is that you and Kaylee but you are getting a hug!!!!

Who's da man????

You da man!!!!! :bow :rock

Fritz said:
I just noticed your sig and avatar...

OMG!!!!! Not only is that you and Kaylee but you are getting a hug!!!!

Who's da man????

You da man!!!!! :bow :rock

Thanks. Didn't want to let go. But I didn't really want to make a scene with them having to drag me off and such.:eek: Restraining-orders can be such a hassle.
That was taken at Starfury's Serenity3 con in Heathrow, England in September.
The shots with Morena Baccarin, Summer Glau,Christina Hendricks and Nectar Rose weren't that bad either.:D

Back