Mega Scale Pumpkinhead review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Only one review tonight, but he's a big guy - the Mega Scale Pumpkinhead from SOTA Toys. Now this guy has been getting a harsh wrap the last week or so, and I'll admit he isn't going to get a stellar score. But he's not as bad as some folks have made him out to be, and while the paint isn't top notch, and he's way over priced considering the quality we've seen in other quarter scale rotocast figures, he's got potential. In the hands of a great painter, this figure could really be amazing. Sadly, I'm not a painter, so for me he's well south of Hitsville.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I'll post it for King:
review_pumpkinhead_8.jpg

Great review Michael. (though I'm not sure if connor is scared or just doesn't want to be noticed). :lol

I agree this is a custom painter's dream. I dunno what happened to SOTA, but they dropped the ball big time.

Amanaman said:
I agree this is a custom painter's dream. I dunno what happened to SOTA, but they dropped the ball big time.

I have one and I think the one I have looks much better then the one that is reviewed.

However this is just one great paint job away from being awsome.

I may get some balls later and give it a go if the paint job really gets to me in a few months. But right now I am happy.

Really, all there was to the prototype was subtler colors on the flesh and veins especially, and some kind of gloss. It looks pretty good even as it is.

,...i got one and i hated,...terrible,..horrible in person,...:eek:
congratulations if you liked it,.. i didn't,..
,...i wish i could afford the stan winston replica,...

review_pumpkinhead_large.jpg

Anybody see anything mighty disturbing in the above picture???? :confused:

JS :rotfl

I almost bought this one, but cannot based on the pics and price. I have the sideshow one (this is a BEAUTIFUL piece of work, paint is perfect and the piece is well worth the $800 or so).

Poor old Connor, I wouldn't exactly say hes getting an eye full.....Thats to damn funny that SOTA went that route......I also agree that a custom paint could do wonders for this figure.

While not perfect I actually don't hate this piece. I may one day get the balls to try and paint it. Or I may pay someone to paint it for me.

Here are my photos.

PH016.jpg

PH014-1.jpg

PH015.jpg

PH011.jpg

PH007.jpg

PH006.jpg

I like this piece much more in person. It's no sideshow but it's not $800.00 either.

Holly shat!!!! That looks freakin AWESOME!!!

But like Gb said, I wonder how much that cost.

I bet Les could do it just as good!

Back