Optibotimus Reviews: NECA Robocop: ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optibotimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Enjoy guys!! Very special thanks to NECA for making my early review of the ED-209 possible!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdF9fYPYgDg[/ame]

Thanks for the compliments guys. I did make a mistake however. The missiles on his arm do actually shift up instead of just wiggle like i showed. In my defense, the figure doesn't come with instructions and i didn't know that. But i found it now and thought i'd tell ya guys

Great review and a beautiful figure. Not in the market for the NECA but it really is a nice, detailed piece. Can't wait until the HT version arrives. Just love the design of ED, maybe even more so than Robo, himself. They sure do complement one another well, though.

Great review! I'm particularly impressed with the paint on the piece. Metallic blue looks fantastic.

Can you play all the sounds with one push, or do you have to press it everytime to hear the next sound clip?

Review was pretty fantastic ! Thanks!

Who you think will be the better buy?

This or Hot Toys?

Great stuff. May have to pick this up as a hold over for the new 1/6 Hot Toys version until it gets here.

Great review! I'm particularly impressed with the paint on the piece. Metallic blue looks fantastic.

Can you play all the sounds with one push, or do you have to press it everytime to hear the next sound clip?

No you have to keep pushing them to get the sounds

Before I click play can someone tell me if this video has all those hand movements on screen? Thanks.

Before I click play can someone tell me if this video has all those hand movements on screen? Thanks.

If you want to wait for someone else to get the figure and have them review it, by all means, wait for their video.

Nice review.

I don't know what excites me more, having ED-209 or putting the 7" Robocop alongside him on the shelf. From the video, the two of them really do compliment each other.

Now if only NECA made a fully damaged Murphy without the helmet/mask from the steel mill climax and Clarence Brodicker, then this collection would be complete.

Ed209 has no hands, so can't do any force gestures. I can't wait for Malgus, but he comes with hardly any hands compared to Vader, although I am going for the EX, so he comes with an extra head, if that counts.

Nice review Op. How does Figma and Neca Robocop look together?

Great review Optibotimus.

Ed has come out looking so much better than I had dreamed off and getting him for the price we are paying makes this purchase even better.

So far it is looking like NECA's best figure so far although Keaton Batman may have something to say about that.

Nice review.

I don't know what excites me more, having ED-209 or putting the 7" Robocop alongside him on the shelf. From the video, the two of them really do compliment each other.

Now if only NECA made a fully damaged Murphy without the helmet/mask from the steel mill climax and Clarence Brodicker, then this collection would be complete.

I've asked them about doing a Robo with a removable mask, sadly though, they don't have the likeness rights to Peter Weller

Back