Gentle Giant Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Here are some interesting excerpts from this interview:

BUSTS:

Q: Are there any plans for a second mini bust version of Boba Fett (non exclusive)?

A: As I think it was mentioned before in a previous Q&A with Rebelscum, that really the only way to do justice to a previous piece would be only to improve on it and make it a better piece all around.

Q: Can we anticipate more of the original armless AOTC busts being redone like Jango?

A: Probably not, but never say never.

Q: Is Shaak Ti gonna join the Jedi council of mini bust?

A: Shaak Ti is not a character we get a lot of requests for and is not high on the list of ‘To Do’ characters that have a higher request rate.

Q: Do you plan to release a Jar Jar Binks mini bust?

A: We actually get more requests not to do Jar Jar, than requests to produce him.

Q: How do you feel the response has been thus far to EU pieces, mainly busts, i.e. Mara; how does this bode for future such pieces?

A: Mara Jade did really well for us, so it’s highly likely there will be another EU piece around the corner.

MAQUETTES:

Q: Can we expect more Clone Wars Animated maquettes beyond the (hopefully) expected Roron Corobb? What are the chances for a Shaak Ti maquette?

A: We’re going to be closing the door on the Clone Wars maquettes in 2007. There are a few Clone Wars pieces in final stages of development, but we will be focusing more on the Star Wars Animated maquettes.

Q: Can you give us any hints on what to expect for future Original Trilogy maquette characters?

A: All good stuff! In the short future, lookout for more of the core characters before we expand into secondary characters.

Q: Will prequel characters like Jango and Maul make their way into the animated line?

A: Those characters would look great in the style. We hope the line continues to get that far.

STATUES:

Q: What does the future have in store for us as far as the Diorama line is concerned? And what about the rumors of Gentle Giant not being able to produce vehicles (even though the Speeder Bike was made)?

A: Rumors are, just that, rumors. For the Diorama statue line, we’ve got some great ideas in various stages of development with creatures and vehicles, albeit not in the same piece.

Q: Will Slave Leia's bum be covered?

A: The Princess Leia as Jabba’s Slave statue that was shown at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con was an early prototype, some changes have been made during approvals with Lucasfilm.

MISC:

Q: Has GG ever considered giving credit to their sculptors on pieces? I'd love to see who sculpted certain pieces. These people are all very talented. It'd be cool to be able to know something about them.

A: The sculptor is just but one person who works on a piece. There are 100 or so people involved in the process from the initial concept creation to the final production piece. To give one person credit and not others does a disservice to the product.

Q: Is GG planning on selling more items direct from their website, and if so, are there any improvements being planned as far as the process or the site itself?

A: Yes, we are in the process of completely overhauling our website. Changes are being made in all areas, like the Collector’s Club, the shopping cart, news section, and product pages.

Q: Has GG considered the Sideshow method of exclusives? Open the item for a week, all who want one have an opportunity to purchase one, and then close the edition size. Have they considered anything outside the current GG model?

A: Yes, of course we have considered different model types. No matter what type of model a company chooses to use certain people will love it and others will hate it. Same goes for our current method. We however, are constantly making adjustments to try and make our product widely available as possible. Our website overhaul is just one such way.

All that and not a single question about who will be done in black and white next?! :horror

:lol

tomandshell said:
Here are some interesting excerpts from this interview:

BUSTS:

Q: Is Shaak Ti gonna join the Jedi council of mini bust?

A: Shaak Ti is not a character we get a lot of requests for and is not high on the list of ‘To Do’ characters that have a higher request rate.

MAQUETTES:

Q: Can we expect more Clone Wars Animated maquettes beyond the (hopefully) expected Roron Corobb? What are the chances for a Shaak Ti maquette?

A: We’re going to be closing the door on the Clone Wars maquettes in 2007. There are a few Clone Wars pieces in final stages of development, but we will be focusing more on the Star Wars Animated maquettes.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm with you Darth...I want a Shaak Ti Animated Maquette before they close those doors. As well as Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, Mace Windu and Kit Fisto at least! It'd be cool to see some more Clone Troopers too...other than just the Arc Captain that's so expensive on Evil-Bay now...

Darth Loki said:
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Start requesting it. If you figure out how to request it I will help.

Hey, I was one of the people who emailed GG directly about doing an animated Shaak Ti. It sucks that they don't consider her a priority.

It's a real shame that they are getting away from the maquettes that actually look good to put more into the pieces of censored that they are making now.

I'm surprised no one's brought up the red flag yet of exactly WHAT GG has changed on the Slave Leia statue . . .

Well, I am not impressed with what I read there. No Shaak Ti bust. They avoided answering the Slave Leia question so the cancellations would not flood in.

They are only doing a "few" more Clone Wars maquettes so they can focus on the Star Wars animated which I have ZERO interest in.

Gee, thanks for all the great news GG.

KitFisto said:
Well, I am not impressed with what I read there. No Shaak Ti bust. They avoided answering the Slave Leia question so the cancellations would not flood in.

They are only doing a "few" more Clone Wars maquettes so they can focus on the Star Wars animated which I have ZERO interest in.

Gee, thanks for all the great news GG.

:blissysmi :blissysmi :blissysmi :blissysmi :blissysmi

Go to hell Gentle Giant :emperor

Well at least it wasn't all bad news yet ....

They didn't tell you the ES. :lol :emperor

I love how they say they don't get many requests for a Shaak Ti bust. Could this be why?? You're not allowed to make a request. Right from their site.

6: Do you take suggestions on what characters should be produced in the future, because I have some great ideas? - Back To Top

A: For legal reasons, Gentle Giant is unable to accept or acknowledge any and all ideas, concepts, or product submissions. There are many great characters in the Star Wars and Matrix Universe, and we certainly hope to create more in the future. Thank you.

GG has updated their blog with production number for Slave Leia. Looks like 5500 of these will be released. So is that a lot for one of their statues.

Zuckuss Mini-Bust - 5000 pieces
Animated Stormtrooper Maquette - 4000 pieces
Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave Statue - 5500 pieces

jason2885 said:
GG has updated their blog with production number for Slave Leia. Looks like 5500 of these will be released. So is that a lot for one of their statues.

Zuckuss Mini-Bust - 5000 pieces
Animated Stormtrooper Maquette - 4000 pieces
Princess Leia as Jabba's Slave Statue - 5500 pieces

It's a fair amount. Maul was around 3000, Fett around 6000. If they don't change it too much, it should hold it's value but it won't go too far in either direction.

Yeah I actually wouldnt mind having all of their statues. While they arent as cool as Sideshow PF they do have coolness about them especially the beasts.

Back