Methods for weathering 1/6 muscle body's?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menoseloso

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm wanting to weather up the body's of a few of my Walking Dead customs to give them that dirty grime sweaty kind of look. I'm just looking for some advice on the best way to do it. Thanks.

I don't think the brand matters, whatever chalk pastels you can find. That's just to dirty them up. Haven't got as far as adding sweat effects/sealing it. The chalk also works really well for weathering clothing.

I think i've heard Elvis1976 say he uses gloss varnish for the sweat effect on his customs

Chalk pastel are great , but different brands are in fact different.
I have 6 sets of pastels and when sealed with flat laquer they can dry darker , the same or very light so you need to find a brand that suits you.
And you must seal them as it softens the edges and blends it in more.
Never spray the whole thing in gloss I use Matt but I prefer a satin look on skin.
Yes pastels do work n clothes but can rub off in the hand and I tried sealing pastel on clothes and the material went white , well with humbrol Matt it did , still need to try with testors dull cote.
Watered down acrylic paint works good too.

I have 6 sets of pastels and when sealed with flat laquer they can dry darker , the same or very light so you need to find a brand that suits you.
Never spray the whole thing in gloss I use Matt but I prefer a satin look on skin.
Yes pastels do work n clothes but can rub off in the hand and I tried sealing pastel on clothes and the material went white , well with humbrol Matt it did , still need to try with testors dull cote.

Thnxs jay, i ll try:hi5:

Thanks man. I actually have a Tamiya weathering kit somewhere I think I'm going to play around with. I think I'll try the watered down acrylics too. I have a few older knock off body's Ill experiment with before to get the feel. The reason I said gloss varnish was for sealing it in and making it look kind of sweaty. I've used that before just to add sweat to a sculpt, but never to actually seal in anything.

Thanks man. I actually have a Tamiya weathering kit somewhere I think I'm going to play around with. I think I'll try the watered down acrylics too. I have a few older knock off body's Ill experiment with before to get the feel. The reason I said gloss varnish was for sealing it in and making it look kind of sweaty. I've used that before just to add sweat to a sculpt, but never to actually seal in anything.

Yeah gloss can take and age to dry but if you want sweaty I suggest satin all over and then add streaks and droplets of gloss.
But it is upto the person painting it as it is their figure:clap
Yeah I have a few of this tamiya kits not used as of yet need to try .

if your going for the dirt look or aged weathering you can try Fuller's earth that's what the film industry and some customizers use.

Back