what is your opinion on these books?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn91

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post so yeah just a quick hello :)

Now the question I have is regarding the lord of the rings books, I have read them like everyone else buy now I am looking to buy a better edition than my crappy ripped paperback I have, the one I have in mind is the 50 year anniversary edition I believe its called, a red colour in a slip case.

What do you think about that book?, is it worth the money?, one of the better ones?

I am also looking at the 30 year anniversary of the silmarillion, the hobbit and children of hurin, all with the slip cases, I have never read these, are they all worth s read and are they dome nice editions to have?

Would appreciate and thoughts on the matter, thanks.

Hello and welcome. I have this one

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-50th-Anniversary/dp/0618517650/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387292071&sr=1-3&keywords=the+lord+of+the+rings"]50th[/ame]

It's well worth it. Gorgeous book.

Hello and welcome. I have this one

It's well worth it. Gorgeous book.

Yes that's one of the ones I was looking at, the one o am thinking of buying though looks identical but in a red colour, is there any difference?

I don't know to be honest. I've never seen the red one. I have the blue one shown in the link.

I have investigated further and it seems that one is an eaglush version where I live, the red version and the one you have is the American version, not sure if there is a difference though. £65 it is online, would you say it is definitely worth it?

Have you read any of the other books I mentioned by any chance?

Back