He who dies with...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have a lot of toys, but it's more quantity than variety. He has huge sections with only two or three of the same item. He has over 25 TIE Interceptors and 30 TIE Fighters. The collection would be a lot smaller if he only had one or two of each thing.

Just from reading his posts, it looks like he collects and doesn't resell. I guess it take all kinds. If he's happy, more power to him!

Cool collection but I dont think he wins (by a long shot). Like Batty said, he seems to be focusing on quantity over quality (waaaaaaay too many tie-fighters). But cool nonetheless. :)

Batty said:
He may have a lot of toys, but it's more quantity than variety. He has huge sections with only two or three of the same item. He has over 25 TIE Interceptors and 30 TIE Fighters. The collection would be a lot smaller if he only had one or two of each thing.

Just from reading his posts, it looks like he collects and doesn't resell. I guess it take all kinds. If he's happy, more power to him!

What ever makes you happy as a collector. If walking past your collection in the morning makes you smile, more power to you is right! I remember in College there was guy that had close to 300 Boba Fett 3.75'' figures in his dorm. That's all he collected...but he was happy. ( I'd like to know where/what he did with them now)!

That's what's nice about collecting, there's something for everyone. I had collected Hasbro Star Wars heavily in the mid-late Nineties. So much so that I wasn't enjoying it anymore. I started buying things that I really liked at first and then decided to be a completist and that's where the fun ended. I was going nuts finding/buying figures at outrageous prices that i didn't care for or really like. Not to mention the amounts of cash that I went through.

I've since sold off all my Hasbro stuff that I really didn't want and collect to taste. I buy what I want and like. I'm truly enjoying this hobby again. Especially more after joining this forum and becoming part of this community.

So to get back to my point...if walking past 50 Tie-Fighters make you smile in the morning and you have the means, and aren't a hoarder. More power to you!

Maybe he is going to build a huge spacde fight out of them, could you imagine a room painted all black with stars, then hanging from the ceiling and wall all kinds of ships making one huge space fight. That would be a cool way to make use of them.

mfoga said:
Maybe he is going to build a huge spacde fight out of them, could you imagine a room painted all black with stars, then hanging from the ceiling and wall all kinds of ships making one huge space fight. That would be a cool way to make use of them.

I agree, but he won't. I suggested it.

As a collector myself of all things star wars, a variety of things would make me happier than a gazillion tie fighters. It makes me cry when I see that many toys still in the packaging.

OMG!

not on how he collects and what quantity of each he has, but OMG how he answers others. Seems like he's taking everything as personal attacks. How old is he?? For his own good, I hope DARKLORD1967 isn't born in 1967

That guy likes capital letters almost as much as he likes Tie Fighters.

Coheteboy said:
I agree, but he won't. I suggested it.

As a collector myself of all things star wars, a variety of things would make me happier than a gazillion tie fighters. It makes me cry when I see that many toys still in the packaging.
Yeah I read that after I posted. He was very defensive too which I found odd to the question of why, just one more reason he seems to be a very interesting person.

Hoarding, plain and simple. His mentality is one of extreme scarcity, where he feels he's got to amass tons of something. He may not even be conscious of his compulsive behavior. The fact that he can't even tolerate criticism says much about him. He probably doesn't have many friends and doesn't give others a chance. Deep down inside he's probably not even enjoying his collection. Like a bad addiction. Having a large collection is fine, but hoarding lots of the same crap and keeping most things shelved like a stockroom can't be exactly healthy. It displays terribly, too.

Normally I make an effort not to slam anyone, but is that guy retar(ded)?

Seriously. He was able to get one of those uber-cool 6 foot Millenium Falcons that were hanging up at select Toys R Us stores in the late 90's and wat does he do with it?
Does he display one of the coolest retail point of purchase items ever produced?
NO.
He puts it in a cardboard box with a big label that he made from a Saga collection 3.75" Falcon box and drops a cardboard Chewie and Han next to it to help guard it.

-theropod

Eh, he should be able to collect what he wants. I think people on message boards are too quick to judge another persons passions. Sure I don't need a bunch of TIE-Fighters, but those things are so plentiful I doubt its really hurting anyone else.

ok thats cool but not worth bragging about. seriously, how hard is it to go to wal mart, target, and toys r us and max out the credit card and buy that stuff?? i respect that people should collect what they want, but dont brag about it like you've got the steve sansweet museum and stuff.

It does look pretty cool with all those TIEs lined up, but I don't understand the 6' Falcon box either.

Im not impressed. Just a bunch of toys. Wheres the high end stuff to brag about?

It definitely is a "collection", but I wouldnt consider him a collecting God or anything like that...

I guess im more along the lines of the "quality over quantity" philosophy. I could care less if I died with a million hasbro figures, I'd take one MR piece over that any day.

His puny collection is nothing compared to Sansweet. Hell, I'd love to have a squadron of TIE (that's TIE [ALL CAPS]) Fighters and such but I don't have the room to display them all. And really, what is the point? Does one literally need to have EVERY ship seen onscreen in one shot or EVERY single frickin Stormtrooper or Clonetrooper every assembled?!?!?! I admit, I am an army builder and I have emassed a large army of troops but I have no room to display them all and I feel as though I am just drowning myself in my collection. I know I need help, but one look at that guy and I feel normal again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back