Small JAWS prob. What do you all think.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grant666uk

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Got my Jaws statue today. Think I must have been the last person in the world to get it. (number 247/250) Even though I put my order in the sec it went up.

Anyway it comes today and there is too small problems.(and they are small)

Pic no 1
IMG_2537.jpg

I tiny chip next to the place the pin goes in. Must have happened when it was test fitted.

Pic No 2
IMG_2536.jpg

What looks like a ball point pen mark on the underside of his Jaw. I tried to clean it off but no luck. (anyone know what could take this off)

Anyway what you you do if you got this in the post. Would you want it changed etc.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Grant

For the chip, I would put in just a small dab of Squadron white putty and very lightly smooth it down. It's white anyway, so it may never show at all after that.
As for the pen mark, try a small amount of bleach on the tip of a rag, and just wipe it to see if that removes it.
Other than that, not sure.
Hope the chip doesn't mean your shark is compromised structurally. I don't think so...but not sure.

Good luck!

Figuremaster Les said:
For the chip, I would put in just a small dab of Squadron white putty and very lightly smooth it down. It's white anyway, so it may never show at all after that.
As for the pen mark, try a small amount of bleach on the tip of a rag, and just wipe it to see if that removes it.
Other than that, not sure.
Hope the chip doesn't mean your shark is compromised structurally. I don't think so...but not sure.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip mate. Will give it a shot. Was looking forward to adding this to my little 70's Jaws shrine.

Hmm. Before bleach, I'd try a citrus based degreaser, which should lift off the ink without damaging the paint. The one I have is called "Nature's Orange," but I think it's local. The label should indicate that the cleanser uses orange and citrus peels. Organic, gentle, and it loves to lift ink.

Those are some very odd flaws.

Gruff Old Bear said:
Those are some very odd flaws.
I agree.

Seems that SS needs to pay an overdue visit to their factory and have a serious sit-down with the QC staff and present to them a truckload of flaws that were obviously inspected and passed when they shouldnt have been.

I have tried some washing up liquid and it has fated a bit. Strange thing I noticed when I opened it was the tape seal around the polystyrene was already cut. I normaly run a knife round it.

Picture011-1.jpg

Unacceptable! I would call Sideshow IMMEDIATELY! Send it back and they should take care of the flaws. Their customer service is great and they will take good care of you. You'll have a flawless Bruce in no time.

You will be well aware of these flaws everytime you look at your Jaws piece, I am sure you won't want that. Send it back.

I supose it have been opned allready. I order wolverine I got JAWS I have to send it back same with my Ironman I got spiderman insted. I have not open any of the boxes so they are unopned. But when I got my I probely got
a opned boxes that`s not funny to now and I have to wait abaut 3 week`s more until I got them. I think it is worth a compensation from Sideshow for all problems. If I was you I should send it back they are so expensive they have to be perfect.

Man, it seems like Sideshow has some major issues with their European warehouse what with all the wrong products being shipped lately.

I would get a replacement. You paid for this statue and expected a great statue but now all you can think about is having to fix a hole and getting rid of a pen mark. :monkey4

Bannister said:
Man, it seems like Sideshow has some major issues with their European warehouse what with all the wrong products being shipped lately.

Dusty mentioned this earlier somewhere in one of the threads that there was some type of computer malfunction in the EU SS warehouse which caused several mishaps. But, I believe, everything is working out now.

TOE said:
Dusty mentioned this earlier somewhere in one of the threads that there was some type of computer malfunction in the EU SS warehouse which caused several mishaps. But, I believe, everything is working out now.

Yes, she did mention the computer glitch but this is obviously not a computer error. I would agree that it was probably Customs that inspected it. Idiots. Is their any way to file a claim through Customs or your local carrier for damages? Either way, Sideshow should be happy to send you a replacement or at the very least touch up the paint for you so you will never see it. Give them a call right away and explain the situation. They will probably ask you to e-mail those pictures showing the damages and then give you instructions for a return RMA. Don't worry. You are in good hands.

Gruff Old Bear said:
The sealing tape was cut? Someone handled it without putting down their pen?

Customs inspected it. That's my guess.
I think you might be on to something.
Wonder if that pin-hole is a PEN-hole? As in they were tapping on it to see if it was hollow.

Pretty sneaky. Sideshow is smuggling dope inside of little statues of Bruce instead of the Virgin Mary. :D

Try a pencil eraser. If that doesnt work get a very, very fine finishing sand and go around the mark extremely litely in a circular motion. As for the hole...I'm with Les. I have had several items come in from SS that I had to tweak. I really wish they could get a line on it. But let's face it. Even though we are paying big bucks for this stuff, and to us its wonderful, to some underpaid Chinese worker...it's probably just a job. And an odd one at that. I have often wondered what in the world they think of us when they make these things.:lol

Could you just imagine going to work and in a week work on Mummies, Ringwraiths, Buffies, Giant Sharks, King Kong, etc?:lol

I'd love it, myself, but they have to think we are a little....weird.:D

Other than those two fixes...I have nothing else to suggest. Except for the possibility of rolling the dice and taking yor chances on a replacement that is more to your liking. Good Luck.

No way in hell would I recommend abraisively sanding the finish! Try dabbing a Q-tip in some rubbing alcohol and see if that lifts the ink.

I wouldn't mind taking a pay cut if I got to work in a toy factory all day. That would be my dream job. Although it probably gets pretty repetitive when you get to about the 247th Bruce and you start slacking on the quality. :D

Back