Custom neck plug alternative

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mainly For sculptors out there, here's a quick little tip I discovered for creating a clean, precise hole to accept the standard hot toys neck peg.

The grey handle of a sharpie that receives the black tip can be cut to insert into a sculpt. The cool part is that the inside of the sharpie is textured/ ribbed, so the neck peg snaps in so that the head can't fall off the figure if turned upside down for instance. You can also mold and cast the piece of the sharpie for a cheap simple solution to custom neck plugs and because resin casts shrink ever so slightly it makes for an even better fit.

3bf7884367117fd09664b89df294175b_zps0d4a530e.jpg

Very interesting :duff

I wonder if you could add a plug like that to an existing head with a 2 part epoxy and a sharpie?

:clap:clap
Mainly For sculptors out there, here's a quick little tip I discovered for creating a clean, precise hole to accept the standard hot toys neck peg.

The grey handle of a sharpie that receives the black tip can be cut to insert into a sculpt. The cool part is that the inside of the sharpie is textured/ ribbed, so the neck peg snaps in so that the head can't fall off the figure if turned upside down for instance. You can also mold and cast the piece of the sharpie for a cheap simple solution to custom neck plugs and because resin casts shrink ever so slightly it makes for an even better fit.

3bf7884367117fd09664b89df294175b_zps0d4a530e.jpg

That is a big tip, cheers boysch!

:clap

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to give this a whirl tonight on a head that can be said--at best--to be *perching* on the neck peg!

Back