Terminator TV Series... again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRabba

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a Sarah Connor Chronicles fan, I find this both exciting and annoying at the same time -

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/new-terminator-tv-series-in-the-works

NEW TERMINATOR TV SERIES IN THE WORKS

This is where we all make a "I'll be back" joke.

BY: ERIC GOLDMAN
DECEMBER 6, 2013

The Terminator is coming back to TV.

Deadline reports that a Terminator TV show is in development from Skydance Prods. and Annapurna Pictures, the companies behind the upcoming Terminator movie. Sorry, my fellow Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fans, this show is not a continuation of that show but rather a completely new series that will tie into the new Terminator film, scheduled to open in 2015.

However, two lumni from The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller, will be writing the new TV show, which will also be executive produced by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier, who are writing the new film. Stentz and Miller's other credits include Fringe, X-Men: First Class and Thor.

Regarding the storyline, Deadline says, "The series will follow a critical moment from the original 1984 Terminator movie, taking it in a completely different direction that the film," noting that the new movie is also said to tie into the original film.

Regarding the longterm plan for the TV series and movie, Deadline adds, "the two narratives will be designed to intersect with each other."Paramount is releasing the new Terminator movie, but is currently not involved in the TV series. However, that could change as the producers put the series together and seek a network for it to air on.

Last edited:
Its kinda sounding to me like the new film isn't a total reboot. More like an Abram's Star Trek style reboot. Or maybe I'm wrong. I dunno the ****. And now another TV show.

Its ridiculous to me, every time they talk about a new film it has to be 'the first of a new trilogy' and now they're talking about another TV show. Overconfidence much?

I'll check them all out of course but I don't see much hope left for this franchise.

As a Sarah Connor Chronicles fan, I find this both exciting and annoying at the same time -

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/new-terminator-tv-series-in-the-works

NEW TERMINATOR TV SERIES IN THE WORKS

This is where we all make a "I'll be back" joke.

BY: ERIC GOLDMAN
DECEMBER 6, 2013

The Terminator is coming back to TV.

Deadline reports that a Terminator TV show is in development from Skydance Prods. and Annapurna Pictures, the companies behind the upcoming Terminator movie. Sorry, my fellow Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fans, this show is not a continuation of that show but rather a completely new series that will tie into the new Terminator film, scheduled to open in 2015.

However, two lumni from The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller, will be writing the new TV show, which will also be executive produced by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier, who are writing the new film. Stentz and Miller's other credits include Fringe, X-Men: First Class and Thor.

Regarding the storyline, Deadline says, "The series will follow a critical moment from the original 1984 Terminator movie, taking it in a completely different direction that the film," noting that the new movie is also said to tie into the original film.

Regarding the longterm plan for the TV series and movie, Deadline adds, "the two narratives will be designed to intersect with each other."Paramount is releasing the new Terminator movie, but is currently not involved in the TV series. However, that could change as the producers put the series together and seek a network for it to air on.

So wait, T3 I can understand, but they're ignoring T2? :cuckoo: :lol

So wait, T3 I can understand, but they're ignoring T2? :cuckoo: :lol

Sounds like they're going to change something important with T1 as the starting point. And that change, whatever it is, will negate T2, setting up an alternate reality that is to be their new playground. Which would be a lot like the Abram's Star Trek which wasn't a total reboot, it still acknowledged the original Trekverse with the inclusion of Old Spock. And presumably that's how Arnold still has a role.

Basically its going to be no more of a reboot than T3 was - recasting everyone except Arnold.

Sounds like they're going to change something important with T1 as the starting point. And that change, whatever it is, will negate T2, setting up an alternate reality that is to be their new playground. Which would be a lot like the Abram's Star Trek which wasn't a total reboot, it still acknowledged the original Trekverse with the inclusion of Old Spock. And presumably that's how Arnold still has a role.

Basically its going to be no more of a reboot than T3 was - recasting everyone except Arnold.

The way I see it, there are only 2 big changes they could make to T1. Either Reese lives and remains Sarah and John's protector (thus not needing to send a T-800 back) or Sarah actually gets Terminated, thus wiping T2 (and everything after) completely away.

Bah! Terminator is the Boy Who Cried Wolf of reboots.

Last edited:
The only silver lining is that you can look at T1 & T2 as being self contained before other directors molested the story.

The only silver lining is that you can look at T1 & T2 as being self contained before other directors molested the story.

Or you can see them as alternate timelines or "what if" stories. The Sarah Connor Chronicles erased T3. The new TV series could erase other films. The Terminator series has always been about changing the future, so like it or not, these ideas aren't revolutionary to the series. They might negate some awesome films, but its not like they actually disappear from us. :dunno

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was the best thing to come out post T2. Granted, the pacing of the show was slow to a crawl which puts many people off, but stick with it and you get one of the most compelling, thought provoking and surprisingly emotional stories to ever come out off the Terminator franchise. My gf who hates sci-fi robot movies loved it and got the blu ray, and I rank it as high as T1/T2.

It was so respectful to the Terminator lore that creator Josh Friedman was recently hired by James Cameron to write Avatar 2, that has to mean something. I love to be proven wrong, but I doubt this newly proposed show would match the sophistication and depth of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles was the best thing to come out post T2. Granted, the pacing of the show was slow to a crawl which puts many people off, but stick with it and you get one of the most compelling, thought provoking and surprisingly emotional stories to ever come out off the Terminator franchise. My gf who hates sci-fi robot movies loved it and got the blu ray, and I rank it as high as T1/T2.

It was so respectful to the Terminator lore that creator Josh Friedman was recently hired by James Cameron to write Avatar 2, that has to mean something. I love to be proven wrong, but I doubt this newly proposed show would match the sophistication and depth of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Yep. Too bad they canceled it just as it was hitting its stride. The second season was a big improvement over the first. And I was actually surprised by how good Brian Austin Green was. :lol

I still don't see how Arnie fits in as a Terminator though. Unless they somehow failed to kill him and his flesh healed shriveled and old and he's been hiding in a rest home all this time waiting for new orders from Skynet while his hairline recedes. :lol

Yeah I don't know. They just about got away with it in T3, no way now, not without CG youthifying (?!) him for the entire run of the film. And I think they've said he is playing a Terminator.

Back