Superman emblem dettached/evil supes custom tips?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkstron73

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bought this suit of a guy who removed the emblem to replace with a more screen acurate one.
Want to reattach and have fabric glue but its messy.
Was wondering if theres another way to stick it on?
Also the belt is a bit tricky to reattach.
Will putting it in boiling water soften it enough to stretch it a bit or will it ruin it?

Plus any tips on weathering the original suit to convert into an evil version?
Was thinking of using black washs or maybe using grey clothes dye.

Any advice welcome

The emblem seems to have shrunk as you can see from the pics since being renmoved.

IMG_20131204_120838_zpsb7f1d558.jpg

IMG_20131204_120845_zps9d90bb1d.jpg

IMG_20131204_120909_zps37b5101d.jpg

IMG_20131204_121029_zps444fe9f0.jpg

hi the belts a easy fix ,just warming it up will help it stretch ,its glued at the factory ,so i wont stay shut permanently with out glue im afraid ,as for the emblem thats a bit more tricky ,i think its a heat applied sticker applied on the uncut fabric ,so i dont think its shrunk its just in its unstreched relaxed state ,the only thing i can think of is strong 2 sided tape ,cut strips and apply to the edges of the underside of the emblem and stretch it until it covers the stain where it was attached before ,im not sure it will work but it cant do any harm to try ,id stay away from super glue and the like ,good luck i hope it works out cheers chris

hi the belts a easy fix ,just warming it up will help it stretch ,its glued at the factory ,so i wont stay shut permanently with out glue im afraid ,as for the emblem thats a bit more tricky ,i think its a heat applied sticker applied on the uncut fabric ,so i dont think its shrunk its just in its unstreched relaxed state ,the only thing i can think of is strong 2 sided tape ,cut strips and apply to the edges of the underside of the emblem and stretch it until it covers the stain where it was attached before ,im not sure it will work but it cant do any harm to try ,id stay away from super glue and the like ,good luck i hope it works out cheers chris

Think your right about the emblem being stretched when warm.
Will give it a go with tape and a hairdryer, cheers.
Wouldn’t have used superglue on the "s" as that stuff on fabric is horrible, but thanks for the warning.

Back