My PF Buffy review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Sideshow's Premium Format figures. I'm also a big Buffy fan. So what could be better than combining the two? Well, the first try didn't quite work out as well as I'd hoped. I'm reviewing the PF Buffy tonight, and she has a major issue - the old lazy left eye. And in this scale, and at this price point, it's definitely a major issue. Spike looks quite a bit better, but then he's not the main character, now is he?

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review, thats a real bummer about her eye. Even in small pictures its very obvious, I imagine in real-life its just terrible. I wonder if this is a consistent issue or if maybe you got a lame duck? It might be worth contact CS and see about a replacement... I'd have a hard time with something that big and expensive being in my collection with a lazy-eye.

And as always... great use of Connor!
:rock :rock :rock

review_pfbuffy_9.jpg

It seems to be a pretty consistent issue, as it's been discussed a lot in the PF Buffy threads.

And I felt a little less perverted having Connor take the rap on lifting the skirt!

I love your reviews and there always great but this one is a bit of a let down....
First I agree about the hair but not all of them have the eye problem .I carnt see anything wrong with buffys breasts,In that promo she was wearing a push up anyway.

And I know her dress isnt as deatailed as say Lurtz clothes but I love the dress,its sexy and defines buffy from my fav season,1.

I would give her a 4/5 if mine had no eye issue.
Its a good review with nice pictures but 2 and half stars is really low to say how great she actually is.

I'm soo happy that I canceled my PF Buffy.

The lazy eye problem would have been enough for me to send it back to SS. It's a shame cause I was really looking forward to this piece. :(

I agree the hair doesn't look good at all also. SS should have had their sculpted-hair expert Andy do the hair.

Both issues make this a bad piece overall. The prototype looked great but once again SS's production piece looks nothing like the proto.

Nice review Michael.

Excellent review as usual Michael. Again, the lazy eye issue is a major problem with alot of these Buffy PF's and it's ashamed that some of these were released with this issue. I mean, i could deal with the hair issue but that lazy eye takes so much away from the figure. Especially when you spend that kind of money on a collectible....

Wow... you did get a Lazy eye.

There seems to be a hit or miss about the Laxy eye... because Mine doesn't look that bad!!!

Due to some financial concerns, I had to cancel my PF Exclusive Buffy a while back, but given the review, I can't say that I am all that sad. I am still going to collect the 1/6 scale Buff-stuff, but I may have saved more than money by passing on this one.

I think the review is fair, and that's about what I would give her. I don't collect PFs, but there is a liscense or two that would tempt me into them.

The "wow" factor just isn't there with her. I've seen a lot of SSC's PFs in person and several have that "wow" factor going for them. The realism is really there. Buffy just doesn't have it. The lazy eye and molded hair hurt the likeness for me, and makes the figure far less striking. This was one that should've had styled rooted hair.

But from what I've seen of Spike, he's incredibly nice.

I am glad I cancelled my PF Buffy, the lazy eye seems to be a fairly frequent occurence...and living sooo far away from SS HQ, it's hard to "just return it.." for me. And, as many have said, with these being "high end collectables", it shouldn't be happening.....especially so frequently, where is quality control?? :eek: :eek:

By the way...We should have a caption contest with the Connor and Buffy picture!!

Josette said:
This was one that should've had styled rooted hair.

But from what I've seen of Spike, he's incredibly nice.

i agree this shoulda had synthetic hair. didn't even have to be rooted. a wig of some sort woulda worked. hell they make wigs for 1/6 scale figs/dolls. i think just about any piece in this scale that has longer hair should have the "real" hair. even Lurtz woulda benifitted from it. hell SS is putting on "real" eyelashes so they acknowledge a need for that kind of detail at this size and they've done it for LAM, Electra and Nosferatu. problem is it would be a royal b1tch to do real hair in production on figs that require a "styled" appearance. it worked okay on the aforementioned 3 pieces because it was basically just straight hair. imagine styling Lutzes do and ponytail and Buffy's curled locks for each piece AND having it ship to us looking as it should. u'd almost have to laminate it w/ clearcote or something. it'd raise the price too, but i still wish they'd do it for long haired PFs. i'd pay extra.

Back