My Mace Windu Screen Used Lightsaber- Episode III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood49

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in a long time, as I've moved away from Sideshow collecting to exclusively screen used pieces (I only have the Black Rider PF left in my collection- too good to pass up).

Anyway, after I saw the Efx Maul hero stunt saber replica thread, I figured I'd show off my Episode III Mace Windu "hero" stunt saber that I just got today. It still has the blade attached, and has the rubber and metal accents indicative of the hero stunt version.

I have amassed quite a cool collection of screen used stuff, so I can show a bit of it from time to time. I'm getting a custom display built for this that should be done in a few months.

On to the pics:

My god that is awesome! Where did you get it?

From a recent auction on screenused.com. There are really only a handful of reputable auction houses out there on screen used stuff so you have to be careful (no Ebay).

I think I got a good price considering similar sabers sold at a recent Profiles in History auction went for $40-50k.

Here's a pic of Jackson holding a similar saber (possibly mine).

Screen used props are very cool! Congrats on your saber! :) For me the ones that I'd like to have (iconic helmets or studio scales) are way too expensive, as for the others I don't care too much about.

Curious about how much this saber went for.

Awesome saber bro... Closest I can get to screen used are 1st gen casts... RS, SL, and Legend efX stuff. Like the others have said would love to know what it cost you.

:lol Cool story bro. I can tell from your post that it was very difficult for you to slum it and come here to tell us all about it.

Nice piece.

I believe it sold for the opening bid of 18,000.

I have a hero version myself that I obtained before the film release from a JAK charity auction, endorced by LFL.

Lately I have seen the term "hero stunt" thrown around. There really is no such thing. A Hero prop is designed for close-up shots/ inserts used by the primary actor. These are always much higher quality than Stunt piece regardless if the stunt piece is used by primary character or not.

In the case of light saber hilts from any of the prequel movies although it may be a hero style saber keep in mind that lots of background Jedis were outfitted with hero style resin saber hilts. Not saying yours falls into that category, but it's a fact that even the hero styles were used by extras. To add to that the Obi-Wan Kenobi light saber hilt from a Phantom Menace is widely used in all of the films by many background characters in some cases the paint scheme might be slightly altered in other cases it's not.

Still a great score and the price was on point for today's market.

Last edited:
Nice piece.

I believe it sold for the opening bid of 18,000.

I have a hero version myself that I obtained before the film release from a JAK charity auction, endorced by LFL.

Lately I have seen the term "hero stunt" thrown around. There really is no such thing. A Hero prop is designed for close-up shots/ inserts used by the primary actor. These are always much higher quality than Stunt piece regardless if the stunt piece is used by primary character or not.

In the case of light saber hilts from any of the prequel movies although it may be a hero style saber keep in mind that lots of background Jedis were outfitted with hero style resin saber hilts. Not saying yours falls into that category, but it's a fact that even the hero styles were used by extras. To add to that the Obi-Wan Kenobi light saber hilt from a Phantom Menace is widely used in all of the films by many background characters in some cases the paint scheme might be slightly altered in other cases it's not.

Still a great score and the price was on point for today's market.

My understanding is that there were 2 stunt saber styles made for Jackson. A "hero stunt" featuring rubber and metal accents and a regular stunt made of resin. This is obviously a stunt saber but features the metal and rubber accents. These are much more rare than the all resin ones I believe.

Hero and stunt are contradictory terms but that is the way I've seen these described. I appreciate your input as I would like to know more about the saber. The stunt version I have has reduced rubber height on the grips so that Jackson could spin it more effectively.

:clap Very very sharp display of a "priceless" item. (I know everything has a value, but to me a major screen use item like this would be priceless)

How do you get access to this auction sites to bid on this stuff??

Incredible prop. Congrats.

How do you get access to this auction sites to bid on this stuff??

Incredible prop. Congrats.

The primary auction house that sell movie props/ costumes are:

Profiles in history
Christies
Bonhams

Retailers who also may have independent auctions:

Screen used
Prop store
Premiere props

These are just a some of the many. In order to bid just check company listed for their next auction date, register based on each respective registration process and bid.

Simple as that.

beautiful saber!! saber props are my favorite prop pieces! how is the blade attached ? is there a metal tube embedded in the resin hilt that the blade fits into? or does it slide over a rod?

Back