Planetary by Warren Ellis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw that there is an Omnibus being released sometime early next year.
Thought the description sounded pretty cool and I'm thinking of buying it.
Any thoughts?
Good or bad?

Thanks! :1-1:

Mind-blowingly good. If I hadn't transitioned to digital, I would be all over the Omnibus.

It's sort of like X-Files for super-heroes with a freak-of-the-week concept. If I remember correctly, each issue is a self contained story that deconstructs a different super-hero archetype.

There were also some pretty great crossovers with Planetary/Batman, and alt. universe Planetary/JLA.

The combination of Ellis's writing and Cassiday's art also led to some extremely disturbing comics. It's the only comic I think I ever had nightmares about :lol

There were also some pretty great crossovers with Planetary/Batman, and alt. universe Planetary/JLA.

The combination of Ellis's writing and Cassiday's art also led to some extremely disturbing comics. It's the only comic I think I ever had nightmares about :lol

Didn't they do a Planetary/Authority crossover too?

Got the 2 Absolute Editions.

If you don't have them then the Omnibus is a must buy.

Didn't they do a Planetary/Authority crossover too?
Yeah, sort of. As I recall, they didn't really interact though they were facing the same threat, and the Planetary crew realize they have to keep a close eye on the Authority so that they wouldn't become evil dictators.

I've got em all already and I'm still tempted by the omnibus. The series is just THAT good.

Seriously, just buy it....devour it....savor it....it's such a fantastic series. Every page is a mini-masterpiece.

I've got em all already and I'm still tempted by the omnibus. The series is just THAT good.

Seriously, just buy it....devour it....savor it....it's such a fantastic series. Every page is a mini-masterpiece.

I'm thinking of buying the two HCs. Is there an Omnibus coming out?

Back