HELP - Cleaning fabric on a PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
I need advice...

I have 3 of the James Bond Sideshow PFs... Brosnan, Connery, and Moore.

All 3 are posed wearing their Tuxedos and have all been displayed in the same glass cabinet exposed to the same elements... (no natural light, smoke free, clean cabinet)

Roger Moore's white undershirt and cuffs have yellowed/browned significantly while Brosnan and Connery look as good as new. I have no idea what would cause this and how to go about cleaning it. The only thing that has crossed my mind is using a Tide bleach pen but I am worried about permanently damaging it.

Any suggestions... ?? Thanks!

I used the tide pens to get yellow stains out of the white dress on my Leia PF, but that was all white. You could try it in a small non visable area first and take extreem measures to avoid getting any on the colored fabrics (like plastic wrap). Also, use a damp towel or q-tip to blot out the detergent. If that dose not work or you dont want to try it, you could use very diluted woolite on a towel or q-tip; blot, dont rub, work very slow and do the same with clean water to "rinse" and air dry.

Thanks... I think I am going to give it a try... I appears that a lot of the brown might be in fact the glue that was used to glue the shirt to his chest. The pattern that has been left looks like some sort of substance underneath. But then the cuffs are the same and I do not imagine that glue was used in this area.

When the piece is by itself it doesn't look that bad. It is very noticeable though when sitting next to the other 2 bonds. Roger looks like he has been sweating and rolling around in the dirt.

Frustrated with this piece... It took 3-4 deliveries because his fingers kept breaking off and now a few yeas later this pops up. I wouldn't mind selling it but I am terrified of the fingers breaking again.

Thanks again for the advice!

Is this shirt completely removable? Probably way off base here but I wonder what the harm would be if you took it off, put it in a zipped garment bag and machine wash it gentle/cold/cold, and line dry? It may be more rough than then spot clean method but I would think you'd have a more even clean look. Just wondering... :dunno

It is definitely not removable. The pose is way too awkward to even get the jacket off. I think spot cleaning is the only way to go. Ill try it out this weekend...

Is this shirt completely removable? Probably way off base here but I wonder what the harm would be if you took it off, put it in a zipped garment bag and machine wash it gentle/cold/cold, and line dry? It may be more rough than then spot clean method but I would think you'd have a more even clean look. Just wondering... :dunno

These are PF statues ...no way you can get the clothes of 90% of the statues without breaking the arms.

I always wonder why Sideshow don't do the arms as fully magnetic instead of just the hands. Characters like Indy look just as good in the shirt as the jacket and removeable arms would be an easy way to give us some ability to change looks (and in Indy's case the full shirt is actually under the jacket)

I like the dusty look because it looks like they are more real than just super clean fabric. The dust makes them look more real. I have not dusted mine for over a year now. I think I may need to do it soon. My general Grevious red cape seems to have a white coating on his cape.

Seriously a dusty look? I think most people prefer a pristine pf

Search up Metro Vacuum ED500 DataVac Electric Duster on Google and YouTube, it's great for cleaning collectables, even fabrics.

Back