Nov 11th -- 1 Year Anniversary of SS SW line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So its almost here. Its almost been one year since the announcement/preview of the 1st 1/6th Star Wars figure from Sideshow.

Do you think anything is planned to commemorate it?

Wor-Gar said:
So its almost here. Its almost been one year since the announcement/preview of the 1st 1/6th Star Wars figure from Sideshow.

Do you think anything is planned to commemorate it?
No. Not specifically.. I guess you can say Asajj is it. :huh

So for 1 year we got the following number of preorders
15 figures
1 Jabba (Im not sure what else to call him)
2 accessory sets
1 enviroment

I think we will see at least this many in the next year.

jason2885 said:
So for 1 year we got the following number of preorders
15 figures
1 Jabba (Im not sure what else to call him)
2 accessory sets
1 enviroment

I think we will see at least this many in the next year.

I hope not! While I love the figures, that is quite a bit. I don't think I could take a Jabba every year (well maybe just a Jabba, but not with his environment and expantion packs, etc.). The line needs to slow down a bit. Faster than the LotR line, but just a bit slower.

I had thought a reveal of DARTH VADER, or even THE EMPEROR, would have made a nice full-circle for the year.

There's still a chance I suppose. Slim, but a chance...

Wor-Gar said:
I had thought a reveal of DARTH VADER, or even THE EMPEROR, would have made a nice full-circle for the year.

There's still a chance I suppose. Slim, but a chance...
When ever they do that would be great. The SOONER the better (those two are the ones I am looking forward to most). :duff

I'm really expecting a "A" list character to be announced soon... Something for the 30th Anniversary.

zappy1.jpg

IrishJedi said:
Yeah... to ROB it.

:eek:

Hell yeah! F SS for making us buy their products!

Oh wait, you mean they're not putting a gun to anyone's head? Well, don't I feel like an ASS!!! :rolleyes:

pixletwin said:
When ever they do that would be great. The SOONER the better (those two are the ones I am looking forward to most). :duff

I completely agree, what better way to celebrate a year than previewing a Darth Vader figure. We really need to get one soon, I think one year is enough time for development. Surprise and knock us off our feet Sideshow, preview a Vader on the 11th!

If they do a sneak peek of Vader and nothing more, the SSC servers will be bogged down like it was PPO day with fans demanding more.
I hope they take as long as they need for Vader. The last thing I want to hear (or read) are the inevitable smug comments about innaccuracies.
Personally, I'm one of those guys that never knew his costume really changed from film to film.

Buttmunch said:
I hope not! While I love the figures, that is quite a bit. I don't think I could take a Jabba every year (well maybe just a Jabba, but not with his environment and expantion packs, etc.). The line needs to slow down a bit. Faster than the LotR line, but just a bit slower.

Yeah, my feelings exactly! This year was almost too much to handle. My fiance was going to kill me at one point. I agree... slower, but not as slow as LOTR.

It's good for the introduction year, but not every year. :lol

It would be nice to see an announcement from the films rather than the EU as a surprise to commemorate the anniversary, I am just shocked that it has been a year already. Things could slow down just a tad, but not too much. It isn't the rapid fire of announcements that gets me, but when things all ship at once, and it looks like we will be having an expensive first quarter next year!

It's been a good year with some great figures...

...I'd love it if they could slip Maul out before the end of the year...I'm really looking forward to that one!

And as much as I enjoy these figures, slowing down a bit would be okay with me too...ether that or get the shipping/manufacturing situation timed out a little better...this year's third quarter nearly killed me (and I don't even buy PT...yet ;) ) And with CIV on the horizon next year...aackk! Could be a bank-breaker...

Here's hoping we get some long-awaited announcements next year like....some armored troopers (either era), a really nice Vader, an Emperor and some cool cantina denizens or Throne Room folk....something really exotic and fun to display....

Anzik Hayes said:
The last thing I want to hear (or read) are the inevitable smug comments about innaccuracies.
Personally, I'm one of those guys that never knew his costume really changed from film to film.

Yeah, me 2. Those get old. Especially when you seem to read them about every figure. They'll be made though and depending on the price you know those will get made too.

Funny isn't it that you hate reading certain comments? ;)

It's been a great and fun year. Now give me PF Emperor and PF Chewie! Then give me 1/6 Shaak Ti and Aayla!!

I would like to see more original film announcements since Star Wars (er... A New Hope) is celebrating a certain anniversary this year. :rolleyes:

And let us not forget, we have that dreaded anniversary package change to look forward to. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this past year's 12" releases... yet it's weird to think that there hasn't been any 12" made from the first film. Seems the PFs have cornered the market of that film.

Back