Sideshow Distributing Hot Toys SOCOM Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Saw this in the newsletter tonight: Hot Toys SOCOM

Seems like a good price, especially not having to pay overseas shipping. Also, I wonder if this means that Sideshow will now be distributing all of Hot Toys military offerings?

Being a Great War collector, I'm not worried about this piece. However there are plenty of fans of this type of model.
Hopefully Hot Toys will stay away from the 'German' figures and continue marketing 'guys' like this or better still cover other periods of military history.

Old Bill

i have a couple other hot toys military figures and they are highly detailed. i like the detail put into the weapons the most. im not gonna get this one, but this does mean they might start selling all of them.

Yeah, this isn't a figure I'm particularly interested in. But I think it would be really cool if Sideshow were to release all of the new military figures, especially if they can get the prices lower for collectors.

I'd also be real happy if they could distribute the upcoming Apexplorers series :monkey5

I reckon they wouldn't have bothered if this one wasn't labeled as a limited edition, even though technically all HT releases are.
I am considering ordering this one through SSC though, might save me some on shipping.

This is a licensed product guys, It's related to the SOCOM US Navy SEALS game for the Sony Playstation. So it's not just another military figure like Hot Toys other releases. Right now I think Sideshow picks and chooses what they carry. the Firefighter figures weren't licensed so I would think they can sell anything they chose.

It's nice and I'd love to get one but it's not in my budget right now.

Is this a Sideshow website exclusive? Because if not then the price at a third party for this could be sweet. I'd buy a lot more Hot Toys stuff if they were $70 or so.

This figure is awesome, the detail is mind blowing. I enjoy playing SOCOM even though at suck at any difficulty level higher than the first. :lol I have a bad feeling I'll break down and buy this...

Okay, I've heard people asking about how to put together the Hot Toys predators and marines or something...are we going to have to build this?

I've only gotten one non-movie(although that's debatable) Hot Toys figure, the GIGN Assault Team Leader, and he didn't need to be put together. However you do have to put some of his gear on him, without instructions. I managed with the pictures on the box though. Just the stuff like the body armor and pouches, etc.

I believe the "model kit" aspect of the Predators and Robocop is a license work-around.

I can't seem to find an online retailer that has this figure available still for preorder. If anyone knows, give me a holler. Thank you!

Last edited:
That is very strange because last time I checked he was no longer available for preorder on those sites. What gives?! Man, you must have the midas touch! hehe

Got it today. This is one bad mofo. This is my first Hot Toys figure. I have to say I love it. The Hot Toys body is really nice. Not crazy about the bendy fingers though. The proportions are good and all the joints are nice and tight. I recommend them and this figure!

Alter Ego. I posted the link above in this thread awhile back. I'm wondering if they are going to make any more because now I have to get the entire set.

I will try to post pictures later tonight.

I am confused by Alter Ego. They said it's Instock but availability is sold out. Damnit! Can someone make sense of what they are trying to say? lol

Those contradicting fools! Or perhaps I am just the fool.

Back