Roy lovers....a question?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know you would all rather have an "officially" SSC sanctioned and produced Roy 12". I'd love it if they would give me a 12" Dr. Frankenstein for the Uni-Monsters line. So, I feel your pain. But wouldn't it be comparatively easy to make a custom one? All one would have to do is get a head that looks close, slap it on one of the other Jason figures and then repaint the mask. I forget, what did dude look like under the hockey mask anyway? Normal? Deformed?

This is not my specialty obviously. Has anybody attempted this yet?

That's like saying us Kurgan's should make a kustom Midieval F'n Kurgan. Uh... nah. We want the REAL DEAL!

decadentdave said:
That's like saying us Kurgan's should make a kustom Midieval F'n Kurgan. Uh... nah. We want the REAL DEAL!

Don't kill me when I ask...but what is a medieval Kurgan anyway? I have seen the Krusading. But as I am unfamiliar with Highlander (other than the first film), I have no idea what its all about.

This would, in fact, be very easy. I could do this. But the best Jason for the job would be Part 3, and I don't think anyone would want to let me basically ruin the figure for Roy. I know I wouldn't do it to mine!

Anton Phibes said:
Don't kill me when I ask...but what is a medieval Kurgan anyway? I have seen the Krusading. But as I am unfamiliar with Highlander (other than the first film), I have no idea what its all about.

All that Krusading, and no educating.....sad.:monkey3

Customikey said:
This would, in fact, be very easy. I could do this. But the best Jason for the job would be Part 3, and I don't think anyone would want to let me basically ruin the figure for Roy. I know I wouldn't do it to mine!

Why not use a part VI Jason? You just need some blokes head to double for the ambulance driver under the mask. Come on Roy, get your hands dirty!

Yeah, easy custom. Michael Myers overalls and blue triangles for the mask. But like Mikey said...the only right mask is part 3 and thats too expensive. :(

I'm not a huge roy fan or anything, but I want all the Jasons, from all the films. Even though he's an imposter he has to take his spot on my shelf between Final Chapter and Jason Lives :D .

decadentdave said:
Why not use a part V Jason? You just need some blokes head to double for the ambulance driver under the mask. Come on Roy, get your hands dirty!

You mean part 6? V is 5. Can't use 6, mask has the axe chop and his forarms are black.

Okay, I am looking at my son's part 6 Jason right now. He's 7 and in the bed, otherwise he'd yell at me for touching it. Looks like the mask is about the same as #3 except for the crack. Seems to me the crack could be filled with modeling putty, sanded and then the mask repainted to match part 5's Roy. Or am I wrong and the masks are different?

Has anybody tried casting one of these masks? Shai? You have a surplus of part 3 Jasons to spare.

I pretty sure Sideshow is going to do him anyway and part 8. I'd bet both are announced in 2007.

Now will they do Uber-Jason...that's the real question.

The mask on part 6 Jason can be heated with hair dryer and the crack glued together. Then take the putty and fill the crack. Sand and re-sculpt any details, and then repaint it to match the film. I do some garge kits and the like so I know someone could possibly pull this off. Seems easier than making a Colin Clive Frankenstein custom. Although casting a part 3 mask in raw resin and then repainting would work just as well. But what does his face look like in part 5? I don't even remember because I havent seen it since the drive in when my late granny took me.

Badism said:
I pretty sure Sideshow is going to do him anyway and part 8. I'd bet both are announced in 2007.

Now will they do Uber-Jason...that's the real question.

I can see that as a Comic Con exclusive.

Anton Phibes said:
But what does his face look like in part 5? I don't even remember because I havent seen it since the drive in when my late granny took me.

Haven't seen this since I was 14 but if memory serves, doesn't Roy wear glasses?

I'd want to use 3 for the mask, but also because the body type is closer to Roy. The pt 6 is too tall and skinny. Pt 3 is bulkier. Also, the fleshy cowl :)lol ) Roy wears to simulate Jason's head resembles the pt 3 head. I'd hollow out the face and stick a new face in there. It'd be fab, yo.

Back