hold on to your figures...they could be worth millions!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, because any Sideshow/Hot Toys piece will ever be worth what a Faberge figurine will be worth. :lol

point was, you never know what someone will pay for something years down the road. especially limited runs or special versions. the market was and always will be based on what someone is willing to pay and there is no set standard.

Are you not familiar with Faberge craftsmanship? Or who they were made for? I realize that there are people who think their $1000 Sideshow statues are world class works of art, but no: they will not ever sell for what a one of a kind, Faberge figure will sell.

Ever.

While I agree, something is only worth what someone pays for it. Devil is right, the stuff collected on this board will never be worth millions.

point was, you never know what someone will pay for something years down the road. especially limited runs or special versions. the market was and always will be based on what someone is willing to pay and there is no set standard.

100 years from now nobody is gonna give a **** about Batman, The Avengers or Heath Ledger dolls.

Yeah, but even stuff like Death's General--which will be worth money in a 100 years--will never catch up with legends like Faberge.

People buying faberege pieces are probably not buying SS statues.
I think the only pieces that may hold their value down the road would be bronze.
You never know what's hot for collectables, who would have though Hot Wheels would sell for tens of thousands of dollars.

In 1000 years neither Hot Toys nor Faberge eggs will be worth anything. We'll all use advanced 3D printing replicators to make whatever we want!

Are you not familiar with Faberge craftsmanship? Or who they were made for? I realize that there are people who think their $1000 Sideshow statues are world class works of art, but no: they will not ever sell for what a one of a kind, Faberge figure will sell.

Ever.

even after i explained my point of the thread, you put me comparing the craftsmanship of faberge to hot toys figures...which i never did. do you always have problems misinterpreting others? :dunno

Back