Ben Kingsley’s ‘Secret Marvel Project’ Revealed - Marvel Short Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to be a Marvel One Shot short film as people have already guessed.

Here's the full breakdown:

"Apparently, Marvel knows deep down that what they did with the Mandarin character in Iron Man 3 was straight up BUMJUICE! According to sources, Marvel wants to make it up to fans so in the one shot, the REAL Mandarin is furious with Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley’s character Trevor Slattery for the mockery they made of the real Mandarin’s identity and legacy. The real Mandarin wants to set the record straight.

Yes, the REAL Mandarin.

How is he going to set the record straight? That I don’t know. Who is going to play the real Mandarin? Don’t know either. Wait and see."

Who do you guys think will play the "Real" Mandarin?

I would have been fine with them making Ben rephrase the role of actually being the Mandarin. Now they're dragging in another person to play the real Mandarin who will be mad at now the fake Mandarin (Killian) who was disguised by using Trevor for being the Mandarin. :slap A big mess that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

tumblr_mneh3ettZx1rj540wo1_250.gif

A Mandarin one shot with no Tony Stark, no RDJ, and no Ben Kingsley. Yea, that'll make up for IM3. :rolleyes2

I'm sure he'll wait calmly for a few years while Tony cleans up a mess of Ultrons rather than taking advantage of that oppurtunity to kill him...

Cool that they're going to do a "real" Mandarin. it's where i was hoping they would go....but It feels a little like a tremendous back pedal at this point. Which i hope it isn't.

This is just a ploy to sell all those Mandarin action figures that nobody wanted after they saw the film....except me :monkey2 :lol

Last edited:
Going to be a Marvel One Shot short film as people have already guessed.

Here's the full breakdown:

"Apparently, Marvel knows deep down that what they did with the Mandarin character in Iron Man 3 was straight up BUMJUICE! According to sources, Marvel wants to make it up to fans so in the one shot, the REAL Mandarin is furious with Aldrich Killian and Ben Kingsley’s character Trevor Slattery for the mockery they made of the real Mandarin’s identity and legacy. The real Mandarin wants to set the record straight.

Yes, the REAL Mandarin.

How is he going to set the record straight? That I don’t know. Who is going to play the real Mandarin? Don’t know either. Wait and see."

Who do you guys think will play the "Real" Mandarin?

I would have been fine with them making Ben rephrase the role of actually being the Mandarin. Now they're dragging in another person to play the real Mandarin who will be mad at now the fake Mandarin (Killian) who was disguised by using Trevor for being the Mandarin. :slap A big mess that shouldn't have been made in the first place.

tumblr_mneh3ettZx1rj540wo1_250.gif

and all you guys said i was crazy stating the ben kingsley trevor character was just a beard for the real mandarin which will also be played by kingsley and will surface in a later film. :lecture

Disagree. Looks like ASM 2 is doing some unscrewing, as it seems DOFP is doing as well. Give it a chance before you dismiss it out of hand.

A Mandarin one shot with no Tony Stark, no RDJ, and no Ben Kingsley. Yea, that'll make up for IM3. :rolleyes2

I'm sure he'll wait calmly for a few years while Tony cleans up a mess of Ultrons rather than taking advantage of that oppurtunity to kill him...

Kingsley already said in an interview he is in this.

Kingsley made waves last week when he told an Irish paper that he was in a "secret project" for Marvel. "I’m not allowed to say any more, you’re going to have to wait and see,” he told the Belfast Telegraph. "I was with many members of the crew that were involved in 'Iron Man 3.' It was lovely to see them again. It was great to be with this wonderful family. I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There’s nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they’re great company to keep.”

ASM2 isn't retconning anything.

Never said it was. I said it was unscrewing the pooch.

By that, I meant by being a BETTER film than the last one, it's going to bring more life to that franchise.

And for the record, this secret project/short film is not retconning anything either. Scriptwriter already said AGES ago that it was always his intent that there is a REAL mandarin and REAL 10 rings organizeation out there. that the ones in his story were intended to be rip offs/Knock off's/fakes, etc that killian was simply using the names for himself.

And besides, why else would "Trever" need plastic surgery, if not to make him look like the real Mandarin?

Why would he go after Tony Stark?

I see this "one shot" dealing with him Going after Trever and Killian for Ruining his "good name". Tony dosn't get involved until after the Murder of Those two, which might at first look like they escaped from prison.

Just a thought.

Back