Hellraiser Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why even bother with this?

How many times can these people attempt to reinvent the ****ing wheel??

Just like all the other classics - now it's this one's turn to get back door violated. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :thud:

****ing unbelievable.. :lol

Interesting bit of news.
While Barker's writing hasn't interested me in the last couple of years, having him come back to his roots sounds promising.

I might usually feel the same way, but if Clive Barker writes it, then I reckon he's got some interesting ideas he will try to explore that he didn't in the first film. If it ends up happening, I will at least rent it.

Yep, same (would probably at least rent it if reviews are decent). Feel your pain, though, Vintij. Really is tiring how often everyone is going back to the same well and giving us endless re-makes and sequels.

as long as Barker is at the helm Im all in.
Although im really surprised he's pitching a remake to his own work rather than some sort of prequel or sequel.

as long as Barker is at the helm Im all in.
Although im really surprised he's pitching a remake to his own work rather than some sort of prequel or sequel.

I'm hoping they allow him to make his movie, vs. making their own stamp on it and having him walk away pissed at it being a bastardization of his work, like last time (which was supposed to be a sequel). :pray:

yeah Im guessing they probably will only green-light a direct remake due to the current annoying trend.

Follow up FB comment from Clive Barker. Guess the success of this remake might help him get that next project into action.

"As questions are asked I'll do my best to answer them, though as you all know making movies is a volatile art, and things seldom remain fixed.

One question regarding the rating has been asked. I asked it too, and Dimension confirmed that they are purely interested in an R rated picture.

Somebody else asked why I'm not writing something original. The answer is that I am. After HELLRAISER I intend to write and direct a completely new horror movie, which will mingle graphic horror and erotic content, to create an unrated film which will push the envelope of extreme content further than ever..."

tumblr_mmnyd5bStR1s8o1r4o1_400.gif

Hellraiser is one of my favorites. I liked Hellraiser 2 also, but the others are ****.

This is the best news I've read all day! I hope this actually happens this time! Doug back as Pinhead is the icing on the cake too! :rock

Back