Friday the 13th: The Final Trilogy Parts XI-XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekadentdave

Super Freak
Reaction score
While browsing through IMDB I came across a listing for an untitled Friday the 13th sequel for 2007. If true, this will be the eleventh film in the franchise destined to reach it's "final" Final Chapter at part 13. I know they've said it before with part IV and Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (yeah right) and we didn't believe them. What is interesting is that since New Line took over the franchise they have dropped Friday the 13th from the titles. Perhaps a rights issue? Anyway, after the ludicrous Terminator Jason in Jason X, any theories or speculation how Jason will return for the final 3 in the series?

Sam as he did before - lightning or just plain waking up.

Don't forget Jason X took place in the far future and they did mentioned how many kills he'd made so they've got plenty to work with.

But you are correct - it is a right's issue with the name - Paramount love it a little too much...

Actually, they have been working on the rights thing in regards to the title "Friday The 13th". In fact, it looks like that may be clearing up between Paramount, New Line, and Sean S. Cunningham and there is a REMAKE in the works to be produced by Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes and directed by Jonathan Liebsman (who directed "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning").

So, in essence, the folks that brought us the TCM remakes are now getting ready to remake F13 as well. This could be good, or bad.

IrishJedi said:
Actually, they have been working on the rights thing in regards to the title "Friday The 13th". In fact, it looks like that may be clearing up between Paramount, New Line, and Sean S. Cunningham and there is a REMAKE in the works to be produced by Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes and directed by Jonathan Liebsman (who directed "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning").

So, in essence, the folks that brought us the TCM remakes are now getting ready to remake F13 as well. This could be good, or bad.

Indeed....what HE said. It's in the works, and is being remade...or reimagined. So we will have to see if this is a good thing.... or a very very bad thing. Either way, we at LEAST will have a new F13th film in the theaters sometime in the next 2 or 3 years. :lol

Ughhhh.... I HATE remakes! This is bad because it won't officially be part of the series. I want to see the final 3 to complete the series. WHat the hell are they thinking?!?!?

What I've heard it is not going to be a remake.

On a sidenote, can you imagine a F13 movie with the gore that TCM: The Beginning got away with???

decadentdave said:
Ughhhh.... I HATE remakes! This is bad because it won't officially be part of the series. I want to see the final 3 to complete the series. WHat the hell are they thinking?!?!?
They are thinking about $$$$$$$. These movies have relatively cheap budgets and usually make that back in the first weekend.

No kidding Bannister but that's not the point. Why remake the series when they haven't even concluded it yet? They will still make money off of those. I say, do the final 3 THEN remake it. They are also remaking Halloween. WHY?!?!?!?!? What is the point? When you have iconic horror characters like Michael and Jason why do you need to "update" them? If Jason isn't wearing the hockey mask or Michael isn't wearing the original mask then they are NOT those characters. Just keep making sequels. That's part of the fun, seeing how many ridiculous ways they can keep bringing back those characters for more carnage is part of the fun.

decadentdave said:
No kidding Bannister but that's not the point. Why remake the series when they haven't even concluded it yet? They will still make money off of those. I say, do the final 3 THEN remake it. They are also remaking Halloween. WHY?!?!?!?!? What is the point? When you have iconic horror characters like Michael and Jason why do you need to "update" them? If Jason isn't wearing the hockey mask or Michael isn't wearing the original mask then they are NOT those characters. Just keep making sequels. That's part of the fun, seeing how many ridiculous ways they can keep bringing back those characters for more carnage is part of the fun.
They probably think they will make more money off the remakes would be my guess. Of course I am not a studio exec., so what the hell do i know anyway.:D

No Bannister, more like "What the hell do Studio Execs know anyway?"

Answer: Not a goddamn thing.

I love remakes. It's like re-telling a great story, making it your own, and paying homage to the original. It's fun. Looking forward to when I'm 90 and someone remakes Star Wars. I mean besides George Lucas.

Anyway, I can't get too excited about any more Jason movies. I mean, I'll watch, I'll enjoy, but I'm not salivating. It's not like these films have some kind of incredible story arc when put together. If Jason finds love, THAT would be interesting and different.

I personally don't have a problem with them doing a F13 remake/reimagining. First off, it's not like the original series is going away and is being wiped from existence. We'll still have them. Secondly, as far as I'm concerned we already have a conclusion to the original series. It was called "Jason Goes To Hell" (yes, a horrible film). The next 2 ("Jason X" and "Freddy vs Jason") exist outside the canon and timeline of the original series, which pretty much stopped being good after Part 6 anyway. Besides, how many "Final" F13 films do we need anyway?

Last, but not least, is who will be involved with the remake. I was dead-set against the TCM remake in 2003, but was pleasantly surprised with the result (and the recent prequel as well). I say bring it on.

I also trust Rob Zombie with the HALLOWEEN remake as well. He's a huge fan (the original film is what got him into horror) and he's gonna pay homage to the original movie. It will be Michael Myers, will take place in 1978, he'll have the classic Shape mask, and the film will include the original themes. In fact, I dare think it will be more like the original than all of the sequels since Part II. It's not like he's pulling a Tim Burton (POTA, Wonka) and peeing all over the classic.

Bring 'em on!

Edited to add: Sean S. Cunningham is also prepping a new F13 TV series that will be set at Crystal Lake.

The great thing about the Friday the 13th remake is that I've read that they gonna do it with the original Mongoloid Freak,very strong and evil but not indestructible and all-powerful like the Zombie Jason.

Shai Hulud said:
The great thing about the Friday the 13th remake is that I've read that they gonna do it with the original Mongoloid Freak,very strong and evil but not indestructible and all-powerful like the Zombie Jason.
Yep. I like that, too. To this day I still think the Jason in Part 2 is the scariest and freakiest of all (with Part 3 a close second). Zombie/WWF Wrestler Jason isn't nearly as effective, imho. Especially when he gets crazy teleportation-like abilities (Part 8) and can switch bodies (JGTH).

In fact, this F13 remake would be going back to the series' roots and would be more true to the originals than most of the sequels (especially all of them from Part 7 on).

IrishJedi said:
Yep. I like that, too. To this day I still think the Jason in Part 2 is the scariest and freakiest of all (with Part 3 a close second). Zombie/WWF Wrestler Jason isn't nearly as effective, imho. Especially when he gets crazy teleportation-like abilities (Part 8) and can switch bodies (JGTH).

In fact, this F13 remake would be going back to the series' roots and would be more true to the originals than most of the sequels (especially all of them from Part 7 on).

You mean WWE. WWF doesn't exist any more :D While I prefer the zombie Jason, the original 3 or 4 films were probably the best. The TV series sounds interesting.

No Bannister, more like "What the hell do Studio Execs know anyway?"

Answer: Not a goddamn thing.

Hear hear. And that's coming from a guy who works at a production company. You've probably seen some of our movies. And you know what guided them to the screen? Money. Pure and simple. If there's a buck to be made off of something, you can bet a producer is gonna be allllll over it. I can't think of a single movie we've made that was done for artistic purposes or with the intention of entertaining an audience in mind. It was all done because the people who run the company made big bucks off of 'em.

And guess what? If Friday The 13th Part 13 makes a GAGILLION dollars? Part 14 will follow. They never said they wanted to make 13 movies. It's all about the financial return.

- J!

If they had even half a brain they would market part Thirteen as the penultimate final Friday and then reboot the franchise as a "re-imagined" beginning. That way, marketing could have a field day promoting part thirteen as Jason's worst day and he finally meets his ultimate demise. The promotion would gurantee bigger returns and they could package all 13 parts in one enormous box set for even bigger DVD sales. It's all about the number. Thirteen may be unlucky for horny teens and Jason but it's a winning number for the studios. And you don't even need a college degree to figure that one out.

Well Dave, the series... even with the number 13 was never supposed to be 13 films to make it "funny that they had that many films". Yeah, it would make for a nifty box set... but seriously what else could they do? Jason Goes to Hell ended the series, not in a good way... but ended. Jason X was stupid, crap crap CRAP! And that film should never EVER have been made.

So I am all for a Mongoloid backwoods Jason, back to the roots Remake. Remakes aren't all bad as long as the filmmaker respects the material and holds it in high esteem. As Irish said, Rob Zombie has that kind of love for Halloween... and I think that the film will deliver and people will respect the character of Myers again. And FEAR him.

Jason needs that kind of love as well, he needs to be put back into the public consciousness as an object of pure terror. Our 80's horror icons are great for what they are, but time has eroded their fear factor. Bad sequels and bad directors have further sullied their good names. So I am all for a remake... or better yet... a reimagining. :D

Jason can be very scary if handled right, and I hope that Platinum Dunes doesn't F it up.

Back