Bespin Luke ,progress.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, just some new pics, Ive wired the saber up now, its cordless,just two steel rings on the saber hilt, and the contacts in the palm of the hand, 9volt battery and invertor/switch,inside his torso...opnions please..
DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0071-1.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0072-1.jpg

Hurricane, how are you drilling the contacts in the hilt and the hand. Could you give us some closeups or a tutorial? Also curious how you fit the battery and inverter in the torso.

Phenenomoeneneomeneomen....

It looks awesome H!

just to clarify - clothing wise -

Hasbro Bespin Luke clothes (retailored)
SSC Han Blaster
All new boots

That right?

Very nice looking. Did you paint the R2-D2 too? They look great together.

Your figures continue to amaze.

Everything, except the jacket, looks very realistic. Outstanding work.

Same as the others said, if you can narrow the torso and tighten the costume around his chest it would be PERFECT!!! He just needs that slim Hammil build and fitted outfit. Beautiful!

I think that's the trade-off with hiding the inverter and battery inside the torso. You must have had to use a big-boy or some other larger sized torso to house them. That is why I was baffled because there is no way to fit the inverter and battery into a standard buck body. I'd rather deal with hiding the wires and inverter than give him a steroid inflated chest.

decadentdave said:
Hurricane, how are you drilling the contacts in the hilt and the hand. Could you give us some closeups or a tutorial? Also curious how you fit the battery and inverter in the torso.

thanx for the comments, ill try to answer what i can, the base body is a bbi g3.5 ,which has been hollowed out and the joints moved about, the invertors are custom made, basically an invertor for a cathode tube is rewired smaller onto a fresh circuit board.If you look on my photobucket you can see some of the vader sabers hilts with the metal rings fitted.

mfoga said:
Very nice looking. Did you paint the R2-D2 too? They look great together.

Your figures continue to amaze.

the R2 is a kaiyodo recast , the vinyl kit, i did this years back.

abstractharmony said:
Phenenomoeneneomeneomen....

It looks awesome H!

just to clarify - clothing wise -

Hasbro Bespin Luke clothes (retailored)
SSC Han Blaster
All new boots

That right?

yep pretty much thats it, hand made belt,a 'borrowed' hilt from SSc Ani
the boots use the foot section from Hoth Luke with the rest made from leather/vinyl sheet.Once hes completed ill hopefully have made a new blaster from a One Sixth Workshop Broom handle mauser,with turned alumium muzzle, and a trun metal saber hilt.

decadentdave said:
I think that's the trade-off with hiding the inverter and battery inside the torso. You must have had to use a big-boy or some other larger sized torso to house them. That is why I was baffled because there is no way to fit the inverter and battery into a standard buck body. I'd rather deal with hiding the wires and inverter than give him a steroid inflated chest.
Lukes chest is now alot slimmer thanx to Mr.Dremel so the bulk wasnt a trade off, just hadnt ground it down yet...
slim.jpg

slim1.jpg

decadentdave said:
Much better Hurricane. Now how about some pics of the assembly and saber contacts?

Id like to see this too. can you give us some close ups of the saber and internals for the electronics?

Back