MEDICOM 1/6 Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures! I always wanted to buy this figure but put it off for a long time your pics are making me regret that, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite shows.
Did they ever make a Faye Valentine or Jet Black figure?

EVILFACE said:
That's a cowboy?

space cowboy... hes a bounty hunter... the series isn't back to back... just random episodes... untill the last 2 which is ****ing amazing.... they unveil Spike's past and the love triangle that costed him his life..

snakebeater said:
space cowboy... hes a bounty hunter... the series isn't back to back... just random episodes... untill the last 2 which is ****ing amazing.... they unveil Spike's past and the love triangle that costed him his life..
The movie is great too.
Another unusual thing about the series and movie is that they sport Jazz music throughout. I personally hate Jazz music but Cowboy Bebop is so good that I don't even care.

It's a far better Space Western then Firefly and Serenity ever was.

screamingmetal said:
The movie is great too.
Another unusual thing about the series and movie is that they sport Jazz music throughout. I personally hate Jazz music but Cowboy Bebop is so good that I don't even care.

It's a far better Space Western then Firefly and Serenity ever was.

oh yeah... it has alot of pop culture references too... which I like... I love this figure... I was ****ing oubitted by 5 bux last year... I'm so mad... because I can't find this baby ANYWHERE anymore... anyone got any ideas?

snakebeater said:
oh yeah... it has alot of pop culture references too... which I like... I love this figure... I was ****ing oubitted by 5 bux last year... I'm so mad... because I can't find this baby ANYWHERE anymore... anyone got any ideas?
The last time I saw one was about 5 years ago in a store in the Downey Shopping mall for $75. I should've picked it up back then. :crying

It'd be nice if Medicom re-released Spike in a new and improved version.

well I don't know man... it defintely seems improved from the first version..
spike1.jpg

lol..

Woh, I didn't even know there are two different versions. Damn, pisses me off even more now that I skipped out on it.

the gallery one that kabuto posted is the "knockin on heaven's door" Movie ver.... the picture I posted is the regular TV series version..

Man, that looks amazing! Spike sculpt looks excellent. I hope SS will be selling these because I am definetely getting one. Oh...I hope Medicom also does the entire crew, especially Faye! ;)

carbo-fation said:
Man, that looks amazing! Spike sculpt looks excellent. I hope SS will be selling these because I am definetely getting one. Oh...I hope Medicom also does the entire crew, especially Faye! ;)

That one came out several years ago and it's not easy to find. Even back then it kinda slipped under everyone's radar because the hype of the show/movie had died down a lot.

That first Spike is terrible. I saw it on a dealers table for 20 bucks one time.

The two figs are based on two complete differents versions of the same character. So it's sort of pointless to compare the two.

The Heaven's Door figure is pretty scarce. It's on my list when I go to HK later this month.

The old tv series version isn't so bad - looks pretty much like the series.

I'm gonna make a custom HS for it when I get the chance. I picked it up for $5 at a local store.

tinister said:
The two figs are based on two complete differents versions of the same character. So it's sort of pointless to compare the two.

The Heaven's Door figure is pretty scarce. It's on my list when I go to HK later this month.

The old tv series version isn't so bad - looks pretty much like the series.

I'm gonna make a custom HS for it when I get the chance. I picked it up for $5 at a local store.

Actually the Movie was just an excuse for Medicom to revise their Spike doll. The movie Spike looks like Spike from the TV series and movie. The Character designer is the same for the TV series and movie, there are no different versions of Spike. He looks the same and wears exactly the same clothes he does in the TV series as he does in the movie. Infact the Movie was just like a long TV episode with Theatrical camera angles anyway. The first release as you can see looks like it is sculpted in the style of the Lupin the 3rd dolls and does not look like Kawamoto's design. The 2nd Spike doll (Movie Ver) is how Spike looks in the TV series and movie. It is meant to be a General Spike Spiegel doll. Just Medicom fixing what they did wrong the first time.

screamingmetal said:
Great pictures! I always wanted to buy this figure but put it off for a long time your pics are making me regret that, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite shows.
Did they ever make a Faye Valentine or Jet Black figure?

No Faye or Jet by Medicom at least. Volks did a Faye though. No Jet by any co I know of

snakebeater said:

LOL Did you just spoil it for ppl who haven't seen it? lol

snakebeater said:

Sorry SB I bought my 2 when they first came out. I see them in JP shops every so often. If I happen to see another next time I'm back home I will pick it up for you assuming you dont already have it by then. -_^

carbo-fation said:

IMO this is probably the Best Sculpt of Spike I have ever seen. Even better than most of the Best resin kits out there.

Unfortunately this piece is not new. It would be nice if Medicom re did their Spike Medicom and give us other chars as well but CB is not that popular in JP anymore since it's old. It's still popular here and Medicom does do stuff with US market in mind, so who knows..

My Offer to SB will be the same to you. when I go back home sometime at the end of the year If I see it for sale I'll pick it up for you and him if you guys haven't already bought it yet.

Back