Play Arts Kai Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... finally some new Star Trek figures and it has to be Square Enix.

They wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the tiny heads with crappy likenesses. :yuck

Yeah all the Play Arts Kai figures have huge hips and cenataur like legs...definitely not for everyone.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the 2014 Robo figures actually look better than the original! But of course we all know that's not the case in the films...

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the 2014 Robo figures actually look better than the original!

Cuz you can't go beyond the crap :dunno
Of course what's supposed to be bad actually looks better than something downgraded to the same lvl from genius.

Last edited:
I saw the Robocop figures this morning on figures.com realy impressed. Dreading the film but i do love the look of the figures.

I agree that the new design figure looks better than the classic figure.

But Play Arts Kai toys are really ****ty. I have a few and they're garbage. I'm not buying anymore.

Seems like the Robocop license floodgate is open....Figma, these, Neca, Hot Toys, Super Alloy....it's a buyer's market....our choice! And I'm choosing to avoid Play Arts.....yuck.

Seems like the Robocop license floodgate is open....Figma, these, Neca, Hot Toys, Super Alloy....it's a buyer's market....our choice! And I'm choosing to avoid Play Arts.....yuck.

Yeah but still no one has the ***** to go beyond just Robocop himself and maybe ED-209.

I agree that the new design figure looks better than the classic figure.

But Play Arts Kai toys are really ****ty. I have a few and they're garbage. I'm not buying anymore.

What was wrong with them , i dont own any of them.I was interested in the classic robocop to go with neca ed .Would that be close to scale?

What was wrong with them , i dont own any of them.?

Yeah, please explain.
I personally have a couple and they're pretty damn good.

Granted I think that some of the Batman ones have been kinda crap-looking, but overall they're pretty well made in my view...

I bought the Cowboy Bebop figures and they were just a disappointing mess. Basically the figures are a series of plastic rods with rubber clothes over them...if you move them in any way other than standing still, they look like crap.

Also, the "rubbery" clothes feels sticky and tacky right out of the package.

And they are huge...like 10-11 inches tall. For NO particular reason...just a really awkward scale.

This RoboCop will NOT scale well with Neca's ED....he will tower over ED.

And it's just my personal opinion, but I just don't like the exaggerated proportions and stylized takes on the designs. Movie characters like Robo and Superman and Batman shouldn't look like anime characters....

I personally don't have any issue whatsoever with the design aesthetic PlayArts have. They're unique figures.
You can see inbox on the shelves how tall they are so it's hardly a surprise when you get them in hand expecting them to match up with other figures you may own?
The 2 issue I do have is that (certainly with my one solitary purchase) they're a ***** to stand up and pose. Mine is awful and you literally have no way of propping it up other than leaning it against another (heavier) figure or against the side of your shelf. Not having little figure bases or stands included is a massive mistake too...
They're overpriced by £15 or so too I reckon.

Back