Firefly/Serenity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogie Bear

Freaked Out
Reaction score
After just finishing watching Serenity I realised that there will be no more new Firefly material for me to watch.

This could be the greatest show of all time. Even my GF loved it and she hates Sci-Fi and was extremely hesitant to watch the first episode.

What a sad day it was.

Without doubt it's one of my favorite sci-fi shows ever made.

I think everyone gets that sad feeling that there are no more episodes. :monkey2

Batty said:
Without doubt it's one of my favorite sci-fi shows ever made.

I think everyone gets that sad feeling that there are no more episodes. :monkey2

I die alittle inside, everytime I think about it.

After watching the series on DVD, I felt that it was a shame that this show was cut short. It really showed a lot of promise in its brief run.

Yep Fox totally dropped the ball on this one. It could have been a great long running show if it was shown the proper respect. I was told about it and have loved it ever since and everyone I have shown has loved it as well.

Yeah, I recently watched all of the Firefly episodes and now I think I'm a browncoat. It's seriously like my second favorite movie series now. It makes me so sad that it's all over. But at least there's the Serenity ship collectible that's coming out next year to look forward to.

it's contagious! Even my parents who aren't into that sort of thing at all went nuts over it.

It's a very cool series. I'd love to do some sculpture for it
Trev

Heh, me too. Right now I'm making a paper model of Serenity (here) and once I'm finished with that I'm going to order some sculpting supplies and start a custom Malcolm Reynolds figure. In fact, I've already sculpted his head on the computer (not to be used for the actual clay sculpt other than as a reference, but it's nice to have for maybe a future piece of 3D artwork or something):
malem2.jpg

Awesome papercraft work Darthviper!!! You must have an insane amount of patience, those are all amazing pieces.

Serenity/Firefly will be long missed, but at least Sideshow will listen to all of us fans and get to work making 1/6 figures from the 'verse...right?:D

Any day now Sideshow, I think we are ready for the Serenity/Firefly line to start!

Oh, by the way in the chat today when Serenity/Firefly was brought up they said that they've talked about doing figures but have nothing to say, so that kind of seems like they have the ability to do the figures but aren't saying if they are yet.

Serenity/Firefly is kind of cold right now - I'd imagine they could do merchandise if they wanted.

They just don't think it would be profitable and it's hard to argue with that considering how the film did.

However if QMx's stuff takes off and sells well, perhaps they'll get an itch to get into some trouble...

Darklord Dave said:
Serenity/Firefly is kind of cold right now - I'd imagine they could do merchandise if they wanted.

They just don't think it would be profitable and it's hard to argue with that considering how the film did.

However if QMx's stuff takes off and sells well, perhaps they'll get an itch to get into some trouble...

I don't know that any particular "heat" being currently generated by a license has a lot of bearing for Sideshow on some products. We have all been surprised by Reign of Fire Dragons, Graboids, and lately by Fifth Element bobbleheads. I just expect the unexpected!:D

Who was in chat today? Heath said they actually talked about Serenity/Firefly at one point. I know it doesn't mean anything but it's better than if he said they never gave it a second thought.

Poor Heath! He was barraged with questions in chat. He said he couldn't really talk about any impending licenses.

I never did get my Blade Runner question answered! :lol

If they don't want to comment that is actually a good sign. If they couldn't do it or had no intention of making them they could just say no. If it has been talked about and maybe in some sort of production or is the stages of getting the lisence they would have no comment or can't talk about it.

Darklord Dave said:

I don't know if QMx's high end collectible numbers are exactly the numbers Sideshow should be looking at. I know I won't be able to afford their Serenity pieces... and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Instead, I hope Sideshow is looking at the sales of DST Serenity ornament... comic shops are having a hard time keeping it in stock.

I've very interested in the QMX serenity ship, I'm just terrified at how expensive it may be. Especially buying from a company I'm not that familiar with.

galactiboy said:
I've very interested in the QMX serenity ship, I'm just terrified at how expensive it may be. Especially buying from a company I'm not that familiar with.
Ditto, I simply must have it if it looked as good as I'm thinking, I'd just hope Adam or someone could hook us up for a good price.

Back