Night Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell1982

Super Freak
Reaction score
No, not another remake/reboot/re imagining/whatever of an old tv show.

I've just discovered this show and was curious if there were any fans out there or what people's favourite episodes are. I'm a big fan of The Twilight Zone and similar shows so not sure how I never heard of this.

Is it any good? What are people's favourite episodes?

Night Gallery was AWESOME!

S1E5
The Doll

night-gallery-season-1-5-the-doll-evil-doll.jpg

Holy ****! That story creeped me out! :lol

I'm a big fan. I like The Doll, The Caterpillar, Pickman's Model, The Waiting Room, and A Question of Fear episodes a lot

Everyone seems to mention The Doll. Must be a standout episode. I was thinking of downloading a few episodes from itunes and if I like what I see I'll probably pick up the series on dvd. Unfortunately we only have series 1 over here in the uk so far.

Glad to see there's some fan about though. I can't wait to check out some episodes. I watched the pilot online, thought The Cemetary was a cool little story.

Thanks for posting this; I had no idea that this show existed, either, and I'm big on anthologies. And it's on Hulu Plus!:yess:

Fantastic show! When I was a kid this show scared me more than Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits. The Cemetery with Roddy McDowall is probably one of my favorites.

I believe this was Spielberg's first real directing job for The Eyes...which is another great episode.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q65vUTBJWlQ[/ame]

After all these years I'm surprised I never got around to watching this series. As a kid growing up in the 70s, Twilight Zone was a favorite of mine along with In Search Of and Star Trek.

I still consider Twilight Zone the best television show in tv history, IMO.

You can check out this link. It describes season one's episodes. :)
https://basementrejects.com/review/night-gallery-season-1/

Thanks dude, I'll check out the link. I did look on wikipedia for some info on some episodes. The seems to be certain ones that stand out so I'll download a few and go from there. It certainly sounds like my kind of show.
Thanks for posting this; I had no idea that this show existed, either, and I'm big on anthologies. And it's on Hulu Plus!:yess:

Me too. :hi5: I've always loved anthology shows, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, and the old anthology movies like Vault of Horror and Tales from the Crypt (the original) plus many more I can't even remember. So yeah, I can't believe I'd never heard of his either. Stumbled onto it recently and wondered if it had much of a fan base. Looks like it does. :yess:

After all these years I'm surprised I never got around to watching this series. As a kid growing up in the 70s, Twilight Zone was a favorite of mine along with In Search Of and Star Trek.

Totally agree, Twilight Zone is one of my top favourite tv shows ever. :hi5: so surprised I never knew about this show. Gonna check out a few episodes.

:slap Return your membership card you who gives up-dates on ghost shows!:nono

Some of the Night Gallery episodes were dark and creepy, others had dark humor like Tales from the Crypt.

Another awesome show from the 70's was "The Night Stalker" :yess:
SHOW DESCRIPTION

Kolchak was originally two made-for-TV movies that aired in the early 70's, and featured the adventures of Carl Kolchak, a down-on-the heels reporter who ran afoul of a vampire in Las Vegas and an alchemist in Seattle. These movies proved popular enough that they were spun off into a series, which placed Kolchak in Chicago with the Independent News Service.*Each week for 20 weeks he investigated various supernatural and supranatural creatures, ranging from aliens to vampires to Aztec sacrificial cults. Although it only lasted one season on ABC, Kolchak has remained a cult favorite and been kept alive through the efforts of creator Jeffrey Grant Rice, Mark Dawidziak, and the folks at Moonstone Comics, who have two Kolchak comics going. There's an anthology of Kolchak stories coming out this year and discussion of a new Night Stalker series produced by The X-Files's Frank Spotnitz for ABC.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmK8YUdSpY&sns=em[/ame]

Circle of Fear was pretty good too, but only lasted one season. Full episodes used to be on YouTube, but it looks like they've all been taken down.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86yqN7CB-Ek[/ame]

Not so much a horror show, but, as far as anthologies go, Spielberg's Amazing Stories was da bomb, yo.

Back