PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Asmus

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

hoodonit00
10-03-2013, 06:17 PM
So we are supposed to get 5 figures this year. It's the beginning of Oct. and we know about 2. So that leaves 3 months for 3 figures. When are we going to get some teases for figure number 3?

Adolfo
10-03-2013, 07:16 PM
:dunnoLava glow Sauron

K.bowen
10-04-2013, 03:37 AM
I think Aragorn is next

Londo Mollari
10-04-2013, 04:19 AM
I think Aragorn is next
And Gimli and Gandalf after that, I believe.

hoodonit00
10-04-2013, 06:44 AM
I know what's coming I just want to see some teaser shots.:)

Geb
10-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Based on no previews as of yet for figure #3...I'm guessing they are having likeness issues with Aragorn. Perhaps they change up their plan and release another baddie to get further buy-in to the armor, weaponry, and evil side of Middle-earth before they try to tackle the light.

Likeness on their last couple products was spotty at best...I hope they nail the next one.

SithThundercracker
10-04-2013, 07:30 AM
I would like to see Lurtz.

lerath666
10-04-2013, 08:00 AM
So we are supposed to get 5 figures this year. It's the beginning of Oct. and we know about 2. So that leaves 3 months for 3 figures. When are we going to get some teases for figure number 3?

Yeah, this is the first year, and they've not had a full year.

So, what I'm saying is, don't count on that.

Next Figure is Gimli. I don't think they're gonna launch full into rehashes just yet.

FLOSI
10-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I want Theoden and Saruman. Make it so!

creature4000
10-04-2013, 08:59 AM
I just want to see a human head sculpt that doesn't look like it's from Mad Magazine. :)

Prove me wrong Amus!!

hoodonit00
10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah, this is the first year, and they've not had a full year.

So, what I'm saying is, don't count on that.

Next Figure is Gimli. I don't think they're gonna launch full into rehashes just yet.
Oh I don't think for a minute we'll see all 5 figures this year. I'm just fishing.:wink1: Someone on OSW said Gandalf The White is next

shocktrooper_au
10-04-2013, 11:43 PM
I like to see the soldiers of gondor. Citadel guards where a favourite in the books, good army builder too for the armour sets

RIDDICK
10-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I just want to see a human head sculpt that doesn't look like it's from Mad Magazine. :)

Prove me wrong Amus!!
:goodpost: :lol

Tho they somehow screwed up Orc's face even...

The Chev
10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I wonder what Version of Aragorn we will get? Ranger like in FOTR? TT version with the chainmail? King Armor like in ROTK?

I'd love either the TT version or ROTK.

BTW, whoever said Gondor Soldiers, that's a cool idea. Basic Gondor Soldiers or Rohan Soldiers would be cool.

shocktrooper_au
10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
I wonder what Version of Aragorn we will get? Ranger like in FOTR? TT version with the chainmail? King Armor like in ROTK?

I'd love either the TT version or ROTK.

BTW, whoever said Gondor Soldiers, that's a cool idea. Basic Gondor Soldiers or Rohan Soldiers would be cool.

I'd like a good rotk Aragon, the gondor soldiers would easier for army building as just the head would have to change for the majority as it's standardised armour, Rohan I'd love the royal guards, but individual troops would be harder as ther seems to be a lot of variation in there armour

Jay1138
01-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Saruman for me. I'll take any chance to get a good Christopher Lee figure. That, and Saurman is harsh!

superdoug
01-25-2014, 06:48 AM
I still want to see Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn but a set up of Saruman with Wormtongue and either Ugluk or Lurtz would be awesome too! I really want to see some Uruk Hais in the line!

Malgus
01-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Sauron would get me the most excited.

Wor-Gar
01-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Lurtz and Saruman and I'm out.

Actually I would like a good Gollum too.

The Chev
01-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Lurtz and Saruman and I'm out.

Actually I would like a good Gollum too.

I was debating getting the NECA one. That looked pretty good. I know it's 1/4 but still.

Maglor
01-26-2014, 10:30 AM
The NECA Gollum is excellent. Highly recommended. He just needs his hair restyled.

Wor-Gar
01-26-2014, 12:02 PM
I was debating getting the NECA one. That looked pretty good. I know it's 1/4 but still.

The NECA Gollum is excellent. Highly recommended. He just needs his hair restyled.

So is it 1/4 scale ? Is there a good 1/6 options? Any of those "talking" ones worth it?

Maglor
01-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Yeah, it's 1/4 scale. I have him displayed with NECA's 1/4 scale Bilbo, which is also very good. But if you want 1/6 scale I don't know what your options are.

jra81984
01-27-2014, 10:34 AM
So is it 1/4 scale ? Is there a good 1/6 options? Any of those "talking" ones worth it?

a 1/6 Gollum would be spectacular. I would be weary of the exposed joints however, the NECA version suffers from this significantly. I have him crouched to hide some of it.

superdoug
01-27-2014, 11:10 AM
I think the NECA's version is about as good as you can get joint wise unless you want to go the rubber route or statue route. If NECA shrunk him down to 1/6 I'd go buy another set in an instant.

hoodonit00
01-27-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm really itching for some images of Aragorn. Has got to be soon.

Maglor
01-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I've decided to only have one figure representing LOTR. Right now it's that bootleg Aragorn "The King", but I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Would be nice if someone could finally get Viggo's likeness right.

hoodonit00
01-27-2014, 01:25 PM
I've decided to only have one figure representing LOTR. Right now it's that bootleg Aragorn "The King", but I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Would be nice if someone could finally get Viggo's likeness right.Judging by how the images of Gandalf turned out I believe they have the talent. Now whether or not the released head sculpt looks like that remains to be seen. I was assured that it would so I am cautiously optimistic.

superdoug
01-27-2014, 02:09 PM

Would be nice if someone could finally get Viggo's likeness right.

Sideshow's likeness isn't too bad if you can get a good repaint. But a really good retail version would be nice too.

Maglor
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
I actually still have Sideshow's entire 1/6 figure line including Aragorn. Mine is a good repaint (GDB), but it still is a weird sculpt. One eye is much higher than the other, and although he is recognizable it doesn't look as much like Viggo as he could.

Shameless plug - if anyone is interested in a figure from Sideshow's LOTR line let me know. I haven't put them in my sale thread yet, but they are all boxed up already.

creature4000
01-28-2014, 10:24 AM
shamless plug too.

Maglor
01-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Huh. ?

Hellion
01-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Does Asmus have the license for the Hobbit as well? I'd love to see Azog!

Fizzgig
01-31-2014, 12:22 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1040665_700177723336851_1267747671_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AsmusToys

SithThundercracker
01-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Oh my gosh! :panic:

elvis1976
01-31-2014, 01:18 AM
I spot a Boromir bracers. That means Aragorn isn't that far off or Boromir.

superdoug
01-31-2014, 05:19 AM
YES!!! EOWYN!!

The Josh
01-31-2014, 05:58 AM
Eowyn would look cool. Not a fan of doll hair though as it never comes out right.

jra81984
01-31-2014, 06:12 AM
Any guesses on the heads?

hoodonit00
01-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Any guesses on the heads?\
The chin and the cheek bones on the one on the far left kind of reminds me of Aragorn. No guesses on anything else.

Geb
01-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah...the head on the far left is definitely Viggo...that chin dimple is very definitive. I think that is Boromir's bracer in the small container as well...looks like a Helm's Deep Aragorn...SWEET!!

Just look at the dimple and NOSE in this picture...looks like a decent sculpt to me.

abake
01-31-2014, 10:28 AM
Awesome!
Looking forward to both Aragorn and Eowyn.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

SithThundercracker
01-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Other heads seem from Slam Dunk manga/anime.

superdoug
01-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Eowyn would look cool. Not a fan of doll hair though as it never comes out right.

Me either. i would perfer sculpted but if I don't like the rooted hair displaying her with her helmet on might be an option.

The Josh
01-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Me either. i would perfer sculpted but if I don't like the rooted hair displaying her with her helmet on might be an option.

That would help fix things. Assuming they don't give you either sculpted and not sculpted hair.

Wor-Gar
01-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Eowyn is good... for the Witch-King.

But I really need SARUMAN and LURTZ to feel complete.

Any reason Asmus is staying so ROTK focused?

superdoug
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Eowyn is good... for the Witch-King.

But I really need SARUMAN and LURTZ to feel complete.

Any reason Asmus is staying so ROTK focused?

The Uruk Hai showed a lot more skin than Gothmog and Skully so they probably started there because Lutrz will take sculpted arms and legs and then the whole question of sculpted or rooted hair (hope they go sculpted). I can't wait for the Uruk Hai but they probably are on the more expensive design and development side than Gothmog and Skully. The nice thing is if you make Lurtz you can make some standard scout/raiding party Uruks and Ugluk without doing too many new pieces. Saruman has got to be close to being made. If you look at all the remaining human size characters left with no figure he's got to be in the top four on most lists.

Maglor
01-31-2014, 02:12 PM
\
The chin and the cheek bones on the one on the far left kind of reminds me of Aragorn. No guesses on anything else.

Yep. Definitely Viggo.

abake
01-31-2014, 04:01 PM
You know, the more I look at in hand pics of Gothmog and think back on the Witch King, the more I get the feeling we're giving Asmus way too much leeway.
I want this line to succeed as much as any other fan, but it seems to me that in our eagerness to see more LOTR figures we're accepting too much. Or too little to be more precise.

The Witch King has pretty poor paint apps, sometimes crude detailing (the sword really isn't up to today's standards) and even worse weathering (not to mention the failed body). And this is not a complicated figure. Sure, he looks great and menacing standing there, but be honest folks, is that figure in any way better than the old Sideshow figures? More complex? Does it have more gear, clothing, detail? Now I know all the failings of those figures, but we're talking quite a few years of difference.
Now take Gothmog.
From what I've seen and read, it's a pretty uneven affair. It's got a great sculpt. Some nice use of materials (hair, twine, metal).
An über crap body. Poor to non-existant paint apps on weapons and gear. No weathering worth mentioning.

Shouldn't we be expecting more from Asmus?
How many bodies are we supposed to exchange down the line? One was bad enough. But two in a row? I find that pretty inexcusable.
Say what you will about the current price of figures, but I'm not sure these two we have got are worth what they cost.

I realize I'm being harsh, but I believe it's time Asmus heard some harsh words so they know that this will no longer be acceptable.

I really hope Guritz fixes the issues of the two first offerings, otherwise I will hold no hope for Gandalf the White.

Geb
01-31-2014, 05:18 PM
While part of me whole-heartedly agrees with you abake, I also feel like Asmus is making great strides in their development of figures. The sculpt work alone is slowly becoming outstanding. The sculpt on Gandalf is very well done. The sculpt on Gothmog and Guritz look great as well. I agree that accessories and detailing are also lacking a bit, but they are getting better. The Mordor flag with Guritz looks pretty darn cool. I think as time goes on they will only get better. For initial offerings, I think these first couple figures are borderline great. Issues with the launch of any new line are preventing them from being closer to perfect, but I can only hope that Asmus works out the body issues. My biggest gripe so far is the Gothmog body...I don't even have the figure, but it looks like a very subpar body.

Darklord Dave
02-03-2014, 04:21 PM
\

That one head on the keyboard is definitely Aragorn - looks like his hair upside down in a box near the screen. The other visible heads seem to be Anime - so hopefully a different property than LotR.

superdoug
02-10-2014, 07:41 AM
I figured a general questions thread for the line might be a good idea since Asmus has been reading the threads on these boards and some of us might have more general questions or questions about figures the haven't been mentioned yet.

Mods feel free to move it or delete it if it's not needed.

I few questions I have right now are:

1. Since you are slowly working on piecing together your own standard 1/6 body are you also working on developing a hobbit/dwarf size one?

2. We saw a picture of a horse in development. When you are ready to release/reveal it will it be sold as part of a set or as a separate item we can buy?

3. With figures like Eowyn is the plan to do sculpted hair or rooted hair? Would you be open to providing two head one sculpted and one rooted or would that be too expensive?

4. The Morodr orc "Skully" or Guritz is neat and the price is great but he is a very specific orc. Are there any plans to release a more generic army builder orc or Uruk Hai (can't wait for the Uruk Hai!)?

5. Any news on when Gothmog will be shipping to the United States?

Thanks.

nexus
02-10-2014, 07:52 AM
All good questions. If Asmus is doing their own proprietary bodies I wonder if they will also release those separately. If the quality is nice it will be good to have more competition and body types in the market as long as the scale is consistent.

Not only should there be special bodies for hobbits but also Dwarves and possibly Elves. The Dwarves will not only be an important type for Gimli, but if they also end up producing The Hobbit. The elves should be lighter and finer boned I would think but maybe a narrow type would suffice.

I am also going to be interested to see what they do with female figures like Arwen, Galadriel and Eowyn.

Any chance of in scale Trolls? Those would be fantastic in armor.

Asmus
02-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Thank you very much for opening this thread for us, I am told to keep an eye on SS freak forum to constantly gather feedback for our LOTR line. Your voice will be really important part in our projects.

1. Since you are slowly working on piecing together your own standard 1/6 body are you also working on developing a hobbit/dwarf size one?

We will definitely make a hobbit and dwarf body. Gimili is on top our developing list. As well as Pippin and Merry. completing the fellowship for Sideshow is still one of our primary goal.

2. We saw a picture of a horse in development. When you are ready to release/reveal it will it be sold as part of a set or as a separate item we can buy?

May be both. so far only Mouth of Sauron will be certainly sold with horse.

3. With figures like Eowyn is the plan to do sculpted hair or rooted hair? Would you be open to providing two head one sculpted and one rooted or would that be too expensive?

Rooted hair is likely to be the choice for Eowyn. But not until we can get a prototype out, then we can vote for a better option.

4. The Morodr orc "Skully" or Guritz is neat and the price is great but he is a very specific orc. Are there any plans to release a more generic army builder orc or Uruk Hai (can't wait for the Uruk Hai!)?

It's part of our original plan. But it seems to be very difficult at moment because it will properly sell poorly. :slap But we will try. At moment it is more important to keep improve our quality for Skully.

5. Any news on when Gothmog will be shipping to the United States?

I really have no cruel on this one... sorry...
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Asmus
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
All good questions. If Asmus is doing their own proprietary bodies I wonder if they will also release those separately. If the quality is nice it will be good to have more competition and body types in the market as long as the scale is consistent.

Not only should there be special bodies for hobbits but also Dwarves and possibly Elves. The Dwarves will not only be an important type for Gimli, but if they also end up producing The Hobbit. The elves should be lighter and finer boned I would think but maybe a narrow type would suffice.

I am also going to be interested to see what they do with female figures like Arwen, Galadriel and Eowyn.

Any chance of in scale Trolls? Those would be fantastic in armor.

We did notice the difference of body shape between hobbits and dwarfs.

Dwarfs are stronger, some of the ones in the Hobbits are even quite tall. Unlike hobbits, are smaller like kids.

Unfortunately we have no budget to make our own female body, we will look for a good brand to work with. But... yeah, buying other brands body will be a risk like we took for Morgul Lord. We are still suffering for that consequence...

If anyone has good suggested female body selection, please let us know. If there is one most people will be happy with, then we can go and try contact. PS: Not Hot Toys please... lol

The Josh
02-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Had a couple of threads that were pretty similar so I merged them. So you're not going crazy if you miss what you think you were looking for.

superdoug
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM

It's part of our original plan. But it seems to be very difficult at moment because it will properly sell poorly. :slap But we will try. At moment it is more important to keep improve our quality for Skully.

I am hoping that the orc head that comes with Gandalf might work with the Guritz body. That might encourage people to get more than one of Guritz. I know I have two on pre-order right now with that in mind.

hoodonit00
02-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I liked the teaser shot that was with Eowyn. We think we saw Aragorns headsculpt and a vembrace. Is there anything else that we missed in that teaser? Are we going to get some more teasers soon? Possibly of Aragorn like you did with Gandalf in different stages of development?

Hellion
02-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I am hoping that the orc head that comes with Gandalf might work with the Guritz body. That might encourage people to get more than one of Guritz. I know I have two on pre-order right now with that in mind.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Johnny Utah
02-10-2014, 02:01 PM
When can we see the sculpt for Aragorn?

Will you be making Eomer this year?

The Gandalf sculpt is good, will it be tweaked further before release?

Will you be making Gandalf the Grey?

Will you be making your own version of Boromir and Faramir? They are my favorite characters.

Do you have the license for The Hobbit? I would love a figure of Thorin and Bilbo.

jra81984
02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Will you release new versions of characters Sideshow previously released? There are quite a few collectors that never purchased the Sideshow line.

wesker
02-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Eowyn looks good despite the rooted hair. I'm not a big fan of the Barbie doll look but still its nice to see someone is finally giving her some attention.

I like superdoug's idea of providing two heads - one with rooted hair and one sculpted. Asmus should consider it.

hoodonit00
02-11-2014, 04:00 AM
Eowyn looks good despite the rooted hair. I'm not a big fan of the Barbie doll look but still its nice to see someone is finally giving her some attention.

I like superdoug's idea of providing two heads - one with rooted hair and one sculpted. Asmus should consider it.
I could be wrong but I don't think the image in the Eowyn thread is the figure. I think it's just a picture of the actress?

superdoug
02-11-2014, 05:24 AM
I could be wrong but I don't think the image in the Eowyn thread is the figure. I think it's just a picture of the actress?

I think you are right. It says "concept" and it looks a lot like one of the press/promotional photos from Return of the King.

SithThundercracker
02-11-2014, 06:08 AM
Lol just replied in the other thread. Yes, this is a promo shot of Miranda Otto (from Weapons and Warfare book).

Asmus
02-11-2014, 06:59 AM
I just picked up some quick questions to answer~

1. Eomer is a must, but not this year...
2. If we do manage to get through all the characters in our mind, we will then try go back with some SS characters too.
3. Aragon is not going to be ready for a while... sorry... its like 70% ready. It has to be the best figure we ever did, so we take extra care with it. Hopefully when we feel its ready, we will load up and so a servey to avoid accident~

superdoug
02-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Awesome! Great answers hopefully if Eowny is in the works and Eomer is a must then Theoden can't be far behind!

While I am really looking forward to seeing the new Aragorn, I 100% agree with taking your time with him. From what I have seen from Sideshow, WETA and even Toy Biz he seems to be a hard likeness to capture. Also if he is done well I can see a lot of people picking him up that passed on some of the other figures.

nexus
02-11-2014, 08:28 AM
We did notice the difference of body shape between hobbits and dwarfs.

Dwarfs are stronger, some of the ones in the Hobbits are even quite tall. Unlike hobbits, are smaller like kids.

Unfortunately we have no budget to make our own female body, we will look for a good brand to work with. But... yeah, buying other brands body will be a risk like we took for Morgul Lord. We are still suffering for that consequence...

If anyone has good suggested female body selection, please let us know. If there is one most people will be happy with, then we can go and try contact. PS: Not Hot Toys please... lol

I meant that if you developed a Hobbit as suggested you will also need to develop a separate dwarf body that would be taller and beefier for characters like Gimli, but I think that's what you are planning to do. Further if you will be taking on the Hobbit movie in the future, your dwarf body would likely need to be somewhat modular since the dwarfs in that movie very in height and morphology--from a normal frame to muscular to plump.

As for a female body I think the Kumiks are probably the best ones out there other than HT. The proportions are very good and they are sturdy and well made. You should contact them to get a quote.

Good that the threads have been merged. I can see now that an Eowyn is in progress which is great. Hopefully Arwen will not be far behind. Would also like to see a Galadriel down the road.

Hopefully you will redo some of the Sideshow figures. I had Aragorn and Legolas and they were terrible so sold them off. I don't even know how many characters Sideshow eventually made since I lost interest, although I would pick up the their Gandalf the Gray is Asmus doesn't offer.

jra81984
02-11-2014, 09:30 AM
I just picked up some quick questions to answer~

1. Eomer is a must, but not this year...
2. If we do manage to get through all the characters in our mind, we will then try go back with some SS characters too.
3. Aragon is not going to be ready for a while... sorry... its like 70% ready. It has to be the best figure we ever did, so we take extra care with it. Hopefully when we feel its ready, we will load up and so a servey to avoid accident~

Good to know! The reason I ask is because it would be a big shame if you made a Merri and a Pippen and not Frodo and Sam! The SSC versions sorely need an update! I am glad such care is being taken with Aragorn... it will be well worth it in the end!

hoodonit00
02-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Asmus, I respect and understand your opinion on Aragorn. I personally liked how you showed in progress pictures of all your releases so far and hope you continue to do so with Aragorn.

Petrolos
02-12-2014, 02:58 AM
I can see now that an Eowyn is in progress which is great. Hopefully Arwen will not be far behind. Would also like to see a Galadriel down the road.

A 1/6 Eowyn, Arwen and Galadriel would be a dream come true. Bring on the female characters! :yess: (Preferably with sculpted hair though to avoid the Barbie-look...)

Wor-Gar
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Is Mouth of Sauron one of the figures for this year 2014?

Do you have the list of intended figures for 2014 that you can share like you did with the original 2013 list of 5 figures?

hoodonit00
02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Their spokesman on Facebook said that Gimli was coming this year.

Wor-Gar
02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
The original 5 listed foe last year were:

Witch-King
Gothmog
Aragorn
Gandalf
Gimli

Obviously we know where we're at. I'm not holding them to anything, I'm just curious what the intent is for this year 2014. What they're aiming for. I realize things get pushed, delayed, messed up, whatever during the process.

superdoug
02-13-2014, 06:04 AM
Hmmmmm. I can see Aragorn and Gimli slipping since they said they want to make sure Aragorn is perfect and Gimli will take a new body. If the Witch-King, Gothmog and Gandalf are not selling quickly enough (hopefully they are) I can see them pushing back Gimli till they have enough funds to do the new body.

Gurtiz was a total surprise and I can easily see the Mouth of Saroun, Saruman and maybe another orc surprise come out before Aragorn, Gimli and Eowyn just because of design devlopment time and costs.

Moria goblins were shorter than fullsize humans so maybe the dwarf or hobbit body can also be used as a base for them. That might help spread the costs and who wouldn't want an army or Moria golbins if they can afford them.

hoodonit00
02-13-2014, 06:24 AM
It's nice having a ask Asmus questions thread. Hope we get some responses.:monkey3. If they do develop a new small body I would guess that it would be used for all figures of a small stature. I would like to see them maybe design a body for Gimli and some goblins. I know they may not like the idea but get with 3 Zero and see about using their new Tyrion body for any hobbits they may do.

Jay1138
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Can't wait to see any update on Gimli. Saruman tops my LOTR wish list though.

Asmus
02-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi guys,
thank you for being active on this thread.

At beginning of the year, we planed to release at this 6 figures in 2014. So far we have Gandalf and Guritz in production. And you have seen Eowyn and Arragorn in making. So we are now in a good pace to meet our goal.

There are still characters we didn't plan, but was selected by our artists and going under developing. So hopefully we will get to see some surprise along the way too.

Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.

Invictus Sol
02-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Can't wait to see any update on Gimli. Saruman tops my LOTR wish list though.
Looking forward to any news on Saruman, as well.

...Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.
Wow, that sounds awesome, Asmus. Hope no expense is spared on that as it could be a very coveted set.

superdoug
02-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Neat about the Mouth of Sauron. I have a feeling I need to start saving for it now!

nathan.never
02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,

At beginning of the year, we planed to release at this 6 figures in 2014. So far we have Gandalf and Guritz in production. And you have seen Eowyn and Arragorn in making. So we are now in a good pace to meet our goal.

There are still characters we didn't plan, but was selected by our artists and going under developing. So hopefully we will get to see some surprise along the way too.

Mouth of Sauron should be good this year, it will be a limited numbered boxed figure comes with a horse.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Can you disclose will you be making Aragorn Straider or Aragorn King version?

lerath666
02-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Hey Asmuss, what's the likelyhood of you ditching rooted hair on Eowyn?
Or at the very least, offering two heads. one with sculpted, and one with Rooted, so you please everyone?

Wor-Gar
02-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you for answering.

So far, looks like 2014 will consist of:
Guritz
Gandalf
Aragorn
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron

Not a bad year at all.

I also really hope that Saruman is #6 for 2014.

Bucky Underbelly
02-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't forget Gothmog. He may have been intended for 2013, but I'd say Moggy counts as a 2014 release. So does that mean they're aiming for seven?

A Saruman would be tremendous. Possibly my most wanted figure in the line. But with GtW coming in the next couple of months, they may want a little more space between their White Wizards.

Bucky Underbelly
02-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I have a couple of questions, Asmus (that I hope you're kind enough to address):

1) How are you planning to address characters wearing chain mail? Other companies (ACI and Kaustic Plastic) have done real metal 1/6 scale chain mail, but while that would be amazing, I bet it would be pretty expensive. Are you thinking perhaps of a sculpted rubbery material or maybe a loose-weave fabric?

2) Which version of Aragorn are you planning? Would you consider including additional clothing elements for different looks? (For instance, if you're planning a Strider version, would you consider adding a red tunic and chain mail for a Helm's Deep version?)

3) You showed a picture a while back of a horse sculpt, one with articulation in the legs and another without. Would you mind sharing your plans about how you plan to do the horses? (I'm not sure how other collectors feel, but I personally would prefer head and neck articulation, but no leg articulation.)

Thank you so much for popping in and engaging with us! It makes a world of difference to me as a collector.

Asmus
02-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Hi again,

Thank you for the questions...

We don't have exact answers to Aragorn at this stage, we are sculpting the head, making the clothing samples.
so little details are just not yet decided.

We are making the ranger version. This is one thing we are sure at moment.
And hopefully we can put in a chain-mill suit for exchange into Helms Deep look.

Unfortunately it is not possible to mass produce a real chain mill, Kaustik Plasik showed us their products, but it is just way too expensive...
so it is a feature we just have to let go... It would be amazing if we can use real chain mill suit, but there is always concern for the cost/sell.

The horse is now in development, just some this and that we are not entirely happy with. But it will be a FULL articulated horse, and sold separately, so for characters like Theodon and Emoer, we can use their riders' gear as accessory, so you can buy the horse and buy the figure to put together a rider set.

nexus
02-15-2014, 11:31 AM
This line is sounding better and better. I like the Strider look for Aragorn, but really want to see the Return of the King version down the road. The would look fantastic on his armored horse.

Geb
02-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I think the Ranger/Strider/Helm's Deep Aragorn is the definitive version of the character. I love the idea of snagging a chain-mail suit for an aftermarket so we can make him Helm's Deep. With the concept of purchasing a horse to go with him...this would be a very cool line-up!

Darklord Dave
02-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey Asmuss, what's the likelyhood of you ditching rooted hair on Eowyn?
Or at the very least, offering two heads. one with sculpted, and one with Rooted, so you please everyone?

Rooted hair can work fine - look at Avengers Widow. As long as they avoid the BCS Amy problems, it should look okay.

Thank you for answering.

So far, looks like 2014 will consist of:
Guritz
Gandalf
Aragorn
Eowyn
Mouth of Sauron

Not a bad year at all.

I also really hope that Saruman is #6 for 2014.

You mean Gimli - right?

Wor-Gar
02-16-2014, 11:12 AM
You mean Gimli - right?

Gimli instead of who? :D Tough choices up there.

Asmus did say Gimli may take awhile because of the development of a new Dwarf body. I think adding him to the original list of 5 was probably optimistic. But hey, I would love to replace my custom bash with a proper Gimli.

hoodonit00
02-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Asmus has said that Gimli will be this year.

Wor-Gar
02-16-2014, 12:44 PM
I hope so. But considering we only have one figure out of the gate -- and who knows what happened to Gothmog -- I'd say it seems more likely that we can expect 4 figures a year at best. First quarter is half over already. So the list above plus Gimli is ambitious to say the least.

I always want more, but I'd be happy with 4 figures this year... any of those mentioned work. I only hope they solve the body problems.

lerath666
02-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Rooted hair can work fine - look at Avengers Widow. As long as they avoid the BCS Amy problems, it should look okay.

You mean Gimli - right?

Hot toys Black widow? Do you mean the Weird Carot Top figures they made for iron man 2, and Avengers?

Teasing aside, Avengers widow is ok, but that's mostly becuase the hair is shrot and has so much product in it it might as well be sculpted anyways.

Eowyn has longer hair, and it'll end up a hot mess in production, much like Iron man widow, or the BCS Pond figure.

So far, The sideshow Baroness figures is my favorite figure with long hair. Sculpted, but layered and soft/plyable as to not hinder articulation.

Bucky Underbelly
02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Judging by the pictures, Hot Toys is using a pretty convincing fabric for the chain mail elements of their new Kerberos Panzer Jaeger Figure. Assuming it's not hugely expensive, I'd love to see that kind of approach used for the chain mail elements on the LOTR figures.

As for hair ... I'd prefer sculpted, but I'm certainly open to having my mind changed if the rooted hair looks good out of the box!

Very excited to see where this line goes ... :panic:

JonEl
02-25-2014, 12:56 PM
happy to get an aragorn (i wasnt around for the SS line) but even though the ranger look is his iconic look i would have preferred his coronation outfit just because his king armor is cooler

Petrolos
02-26-2014, 02:21 AM
happy to get an aragorn (i wasnt around for the SS line) but even though the ranger look is his iconic look i would have preferred his coronation outfit just because his king armor is cooler

The only solution to that is, of course, to produce both versions eventually! :lecture

Agent23
02-27-2014, 07:12 AM
To ASMUS: any plans to do Shadowfax to accompany Gandalf the White? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky Underbelly
03-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Hi Asmus,

Have you decided whether to use sculpted hair or rooted hair for the horse manes and tails?

Rooted could look really cool.

Asmus
03-07-2014, 04:50 PM
For the horse...

We are going for a full articulatoin for sure,
we are working on the joints, adding gears to them, so it will last longer, and support the weight to stand better.

As for hairs and tail, we are going for root hair~
there are still some more few features we are working on the horse at moment, they will make the horses look really cool~

Yes to Shadofax, yes to Brego, (so white horse, and brown horse) and we will sell the horses individually as we previously mentioned, and the plans hasn't change.

Only the Nazgul horse may not sold separately as a black horse, only sold with Ringwraith or as Nazgul Stead.

JonEl
03-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Thank you for your answers.

Any timetable for pictures of the ringwraith

Wor-Gar
03-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Asmus: do you know which figure will be the next to be shipped out? Gandalf or Gurich?

Also, while I'm asking, can you divulge the estimated date of the next preorder?

Asmus
03-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Ringwrait is likely to be our next pre-order, may be in just 2 weeks.
with the stead.

As shipping, it should be Gurich (late April) than Gandalf (late May).

JonEl
03-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Cool. Thanks!

hoodonit00
03-08-2014, 05:39 AM
Is the armorers part of this line still going to be made or was that put on hold?

Agent23
03-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your replies! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wor-Gar
03-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Ringwrait is likely to be our next pre-order, may be in just 2 weeks.
with the stead.

As shipping, it should be Gurich (late April) than Gandalf (late May).

Excellent news!

Thank you very much. :)

K.bowen
03-20-2014, 04:52 AM
have you guys considered making Bilbo from the first film in his travelling gear?

hoodonit00
03-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Ugh, lack of updates is driving me insane.:gah:

Asmus
03-20-2014, 09:02 AM
have you guys considered making Bilbo from the first film in his travelling gear?

hi,
it would be a tough choice,
but its likely we will do the young Bilbo for the Hobbit~

Asmus
03-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Ugh, lack of updates is driving me insane.:gah:

Let me try squeeze something out for you tomorrow!

hoodonit00
03-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Hope that's not a euphemism for something.:monkey3. I know it must be tough being in your position not being able to show too much. Just seems like with 2 figures "supposably" being released in a couple months and the Nazgul maybe going up for order soon we would be hearing some news or seeing some production pics. I for one am very anxious to see if the Gandalf head sculpt is going to hold up in the production process. Would be appreciated to hear something, thanks.

ETA Just to add some accolades. I'm 2 for 2 on the released LOTR figures. Although there are some problems here and there for the most part they are awesome figures. Looking forward to future releases.

SithThundercracker
03-20-2014, 09:37 AM
hi,

Wait...you have The Hobbit licence too?

Wor-Gar
03-20-2014, 10:21 AM

Excellent! I'm already hungry for my next figure. 2 for 2 also (Witchking and Gothmog).

superdoug
03-20-2014, 12:34 PM
hi,

Yes! Hopefully we can put that hobbit body to some good use with Pippin, Merry and Bilbo. If the body ends up being smaller than Sideshows hopefully we can get a new Frodo and Sam to match up with the other hobbits.

Johnny Utah
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
A figure of Martin Freeman as Bilbo? Awesome!

Geb
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
2 for 2 here also! Can't way for gandalf and skully!

Petrolos
03-21-2014, 02:16 AM
1/6 The Hobbit figures would rock. But Fellowship Bilbo would rock even harder! (No surprise, just look at my Avatar :lol) Go Asmus!!!

Asmus
03-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Guys,
got something really sweet this morning exclusive for you!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?140417-Asmus-Toys-Eowyn-in-Armor/page3

Its still very very early,
but looks like the artist is on the right track.

Bucky Underbelly
03-21-2014, 12:14 PM
1/6 The Hobbit figures would rock. But Fellowship Bilbo would rock even harder! (No surprise, just look at my Avatar :lol) Go Asmus!!!

Maybe a neutral outfit (non-movie-specific) and both heads?

superdoug
03-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Doing both heads might get some people to buy multiples but that will increase the cost which might make some people think twice. There are pluses and minus to it but I wouldn't mind seeing two heads for two main reasons, fisrt I wouldn't mind having both versions and second it won't take up another release spot.

JonEl
03-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Non-movie specific is not recommended. Accuracy is a huge selling point.

Petrolos
03-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Nice idea to include two portraits but I deem both Bilbos, young and old, unique enough to allow for two seperate releases and they need their respective iconic outfits from AUJ and FOTR of course. :lecture I really hope the line is doing well enough for Asmus to be able to do so over time. :pray:

ChibiSchmoo
03-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Agreed there on the point of old & young Bilbo needing separate releases.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a release ship with two portraits covering alternate expressions for a character, particularly the main Fellowship who get a lot of fight-time.

K.bowen
03-22-2014, 04:24 AM
id be happy with any Bilbo tbh I prefer him to any other hobbit

Darklord Dave
03-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Wait...you have The Hobbit licence too?

OH YEAH! All the dwarves - that's what I want - every frickin little dwarf!

And Tauriel...yeah.

Thorondor_33
03-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Not really a question, but my wishlist for Asmus:

Return of the King Legolas that includes Helm's Deep Armor
Haradrim Warrior
Orc w/ Warg combo, or even better Azog w/ white Warg combo
Helm's Deep Galadhrim Archer

I would add Ringwraith w/ Horse combo but that's already being made. :)

I guess I could make it into a question. On a scale of 1 to 10 what are the chances of anything on my wishlist being made? 1 being not happening ever, 10 being already in design phases.

Wor-Gar
03-25-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd like to know if Saruman is planned for this year?

Asmus
03-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Helm's Deep Galadhrim Arche is a 10.
And Azog is also a 10

Legolas is also a 10 but not sure about Helm's deep armor.

:)

Asmus
03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Is in the plan for this year,
but we may need to do some charactors for the Hobbit...

But Saruman is a definetely yes!

Wor-Gar
03-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Is in the plan for this year,

But Saruman is a definetely yes!

:yess:

JonEl
03-26-2014, 10:08 AM
What about Lurtz. Not sure if it's been said before.

Thorondor_33
03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Helm's Deep Galadhrim Arche is a 10.
And Azog is also a 10

Legolas is also a 10 but not sure about Helm's deep armor.

:)

:yess:

Thank you thank you thank you! I was going to try and snag a polystone statue Galadhrim Archer but knowing you guys are making one I will hold off. I love their armor and I think it will be a very sharp looking figure.

Also good to hear about Azog. But you know we'll need his white Warg made as well, either as a combo set or later on down the road as single creature. This would catch the attention of those (like myself) who were unable to snag the limited Weta Azog the Defiler on Warg statue. :)

Hurray for Legolas! My favorite character from the LOTR movies. No Helm's Deep armor isn't a biggie. I prefer his ROTK look anyway. :)

Again, thank you for the quick response and information. :)

Sidious-66
03-26-2014, 11:09 AM
What about Lurtz. Not sure if it's been said before.

Lurtz would be sweet to have in the collection so I'm hoping that he is made.

Bucky Underbelly
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh, Asmus ...

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Because I do.

A lot.

:lol

JonEl
03-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Lurtz would be sweet to have in the collection so I'm hoping that he is made.

He is by far the coolest Orc, him and Azog would be great with gothmog and skully

Sidious-66
03-26-2014, 11:58 AM
He is by far the coolest Orc, him and Azog would be great with gothmog and skully

Lurtz and the Witch-King would do for me to represent LOTR in my collection. Lurtz was just badass.

JonEl
03-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Lurtz and the Witch-King would do for me to represent LOTR in my collection. Lurtz was just badass.

I plan to have or a separate from wraiths

Sidious-66
03-26-2014, 12:21 PM
I plan to have or a separate from wraiths

I see.

I have interest in Sauron and Balrog but those are just pipe dreams. I would pick up Saruman if they did Gandalf the Grey. but anything else probably not.

JonEl
03-26-2014, 12:23 PM
I would let sauron lead the wraiths(with witch king beside him) and would put saurmon with the orcs front and center. I think those two factions would be great, I would love a king Aragorn leading some Heroes but not only do I not see that happening it- heroes are the least cool part of middle earth

Wor-Gar
04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
As Guritz is likely next to ship, can you tell us how many pieces will be offered? I'm keeping a tally based on the below post.

Yes,
I don't see any reason to keep it a secret.

WK = 2000
Gothmog = 900
Gandalf = 1000

And we do not make re-run for any of our products,
it is one of our principle.

hoodonit00
04-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one who gets excited when one of the Asmus threads gets bumped only to get disappointed when I find out there are no updates?

superdoug
04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Nope there are at least two of us.

Thorondor_33
04-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Make that three. LOL

JonEl
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Four!!!

Asmus
04-01-2014, 08:53 PM
As Guritz is likely next to ship, can you tell us how many pieces will be offered? I'm keeping a tally based on the below post.

Yes, Guritz has only 500 pc made

Asmus
04-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Am I the only one who gets excited when one of the Asmus threads gets bumped only to get disappointed when I find out there are no updates?

Thank you guys,
we will have some intensive updates this week~
Be prepared!

Thorondor_33
04-01-2014, 10:00 PM
How exciting! :)

hoodonit00
04-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Outstanding!

Wor-Gar
04-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes, Guritz has only 500 pc made

Wow! That's low. Thank you for the info.

Not a crucial character by any stretch and definitely only a must-have for those who either love villains like me or are army builders. Might be the hard-to-find piece 5 years from now. If you're looking.

nexus
04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Thus far have ordered Witch King and GTW. I may get a Gothmog at some point but to be honest those are kind of fringe second-tier releases IMO. I prefer starting with more central characters first as opposed to those only on screen for a couple of minutes with one or two lines. Eowyn and Saruman are definites for me. When will we see characters like Aragorn, Arwen, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Gollum, Elrond, Galadriel, Theoden, Eomer, Boromir, Faramir etc? Those are the kind of figs I'm most looking forward picking up to really start building out the line.

Lee in MI
04-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Those are all great figure possobilities but I think if Asmus started out recapping all the previously released SSCs figures, things would have got off to a slow start. I don't think as many fans would have jumped on the wagon. Starting with highly demanded fan favorites that have never been made in this scale was a very very smart move. This way, they hook all the collectors right away.

Darklord Dave
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Those are all great figure possobilities but I think if Asmus started out recapping all the previously released SSCs figures, things would have got off to a slow start. I don't think as many fans would have jumped on the wagon. Starting with highly demanded fan favorites that have never been made in this scale was a very very smart move. This way, they hook all the collectors right away.

Excellent argument for Gimli being one of the first releases...

nexus
04-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Aragorn, Arwen, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Gollum, Elrond, Galadriel, Theoden, Eomer, Boromir, Faramir etc?

These are all figures that Sideshow never did in 1:6 scale. Plus there are a ton more such as other hobbits, Saruman, Orcs, Elves, Denathor, etc. Anyway, with the possible exception of Gandalf the Gray, Sideshow did not exactly set the world on fire with these figures. Customizing aside they were dreadful. I bought Aragorn and Legolas and promptly sold them off. It took several years and several price increases for SS to find its footing with Star Wars 1:6. They let the LotR 1:6 go, so IMO nothing from that line is untouchable. I look forward to seeing Asmus's versions of Boromir, Faramir, Legolas, etc, not to mention the Hobbit figures. Really hoping this is a prolific and successful line and not something that gets derailed by low initial sales. That's the main reason I'm advocating for more popular characters.

JonEl
04-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Also remember not everyone was collecting when sideshow did their run of Lotr, so not repeating characters because they were done(poorly) years ago cuts off any new collectors.

superdoug
04-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Aragorn, Arwen, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Gollum, Elrond, Galadriel, Theoden, Eomer, Boromir, Faramir etc?

These are all figures that Sideshow never did in 1:6 scale. Plus there are a ton more such as other hobbits, Saruman, Orcs, Elves, Denathor, etc. Anyway, with the possible exception of Gandalf the Gray, Sideshow did not exactly set the world on fire with these figures. Customizing aside they were dreadful. I bought Aragorn and Legolas and promptly sold them off. It took several years and several price increases for SS to find its footing with Star Wars 1:6. They let the LotR 1:6 go, so IMO nothing from that line is untouchable. I look forward to seeing Asmus's versions of Boromir, Faramir, Legolas, etc, not to mention the Hobbit figures. Really hoping this is a prolific and successful line and not something that gets derailed by low initial sales. That's the main reason I'm advocating for more popular characters.

Good point.

Maybe if they do a rotation new bad guy, new never been done good guy, redo SS figure, new bad guy, new never been done before good guy.

Could go something like Saruman, Theoden, Aragorn, Lurtz, Gimli, Legolas, Azog, Bilbo, Boromir. . . . peobably not a perfect set up but maybe something like this with soldier figures fitting in whenever they are ready. Because I want some Uruks!

nexus
04-03-2014, 07:57 AM
I could definitely go for that kind of an approach. I think Asmus would see the popularity and sell through rates of the line rise very quicly. I'm all for having figures like Gothmog represented, and look forward to characters like Mouth of Sauron and Wormtongue, but I'd rather see them as sprinkled in surprises rather than feeling like launch releases. There's a reason companies generally launch lines with highly popular characters like Superman, Darth Vader and Captain Kirk.

superdoug
04-03-2014, 08:55 AM
. . . and why compainies like Hot Toys normally leave lines incomplete.

I like the idea of having 3 major character releases a year with 1 to 2 lesser known characters sprinkled in and maybe 1 or 2 solider types. That would still equal 5 to 7 figures a year which is a lot for a single liscence. The way they are doing it know I'd see/label WK and Gandalf as major chacters with Gothmog being a lesser one and Gurtiz being the soldier type.

Wor-Gar
04-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Remember that Asmus' plan for the "first five" was:

Gimli
Aragorn
WitchKing
Gothmog
Gandalf the White

That's an excellent balance between central and 2nd tier (or villain) characters in my opinion.

The "2nd wave" is shaping up to be:

Eowyn
Guritz
Mouth of Sauron
Ringwraith
???

That might be heavy-handed on the villain side of things for most.

superdoug
04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
True but if the release goes

1. WK
2. Gothmog
3. Gandalf the White
4. Guritz
5. Aragorn
6. Ringwraith
7. Eowyn
8. Mouth of Saruon

Out of that 8 three are good guys/gals and five are bad guys. Three are absloute top tier characters and I would argue that Eowyn and the ringwraith are major chacters as well with Gothmog being a lesser and Gurtiz being minor and Mouth of Suaron could fall somewhere between Ringwraith and Gothmog. Looks like Guritz might end the first year of product and Aragorn thru MoS might be the second year (not too sure but seems roughly to be the case). 4 figures a year is probably a good pace and having 2 major characters a year is probably a good idea. Maybe even try themes Lurtz, Boromir, Uruk Hai scout and either Gimli, Merry or Pippin for a Aom Hen themed year and Legolas (with Rohan armor), Saruman, Rohan soldier and Berseker for a Helms Deep year if they can squeeze in Theoden or Eomer even better.

Sankari
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
I joined this forum just to follow Asmus' updates. I've bought the Witch King and its by far one of my favourite figures. Did the water treatment , and he loooks gorgeous. I'm excited about the bad guys. Definitely would buy the Ringwraiths and their horses, plus one day I hope they'll release Sauron in all his might.

From the good guys , They definitely have a lot of potential. They have been hearing the feedback from the fans, and it looks like they have a great sculptor ( or sculptors, dunno) Plus their extras are awesome. I hope they stick around for a while, and keep the prices fair and more attractive than Sideshow or Weta.

Lee in MI
04-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Nexus/JonEl, I think you completely missed the point I was making. Not once did I say these figures should not be made or that they are off limits OR that SSCs versions were the be all to end all.

All those figures should be revisited. BUT Asmus made a very smart strategic decision to launch the villians right out the gate, armored no less. These are the very figures SSCs completely avoided. If they would have heavily loaded Aragon, Legalas and the Hobbits front the start, well that's the same model SSCs followed and that didn't prove very successful.

As shown by the numbers, the market isn't very vast. Certainly the main guys will likely be made but the villians never saw even a tease during SSCs run. I think Asmus' approach shows how deep into the genre they are willing to go.

It also gives them some room to work out the bugs before they tackle the big boys. Can you imagine where this would have been if they followed the Superman, Darth Vader and Captain Kirk program and it ended up with electrical tape all over Aragorn's base body.

Easy fix but it would have been a big PR problem given the importance of the character.

Asmus
04-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Gimili is much trickier than we thought,
Apart from the complex armors,
there is also ocean wide of beard and hair.
we are working for a solution to avoid limiting too much movements with the massive hair at front and back.

Also there is the dwarf body that will need to be developed and produced for Gimli.
But once it's done, we can go on with Thorin and other dwarfs(even Hobbits) with minor adjustment.

superdoug
04-03-2014, 05:59 PM
we are working for a solution to avoid limiting too much movements with the massive hair at front and back.

Also there is the dwarf body that will need to be developed and produced for Gimli.
But once it's done, we can go on with Thorin and other dwarfs(even Hobbits) with minor adjustment.

You have no idea how awesome that is to here. Lord of the Rings and the hobbit have been my favorite books since I was 5 and once the movies came out they quickly became my favorite and up till 2013 the market of 1/6th Middle Earth collectibles has been pretty dry and non-existent. I really hope this line takes off for you guys because if you keep delivering great figures I'll be here till the end of it.

Gipetto0812
04-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Gimli has been my most wanted LOTR character for the longest so just hearing an inkling of news is awesome! :rock

and Thorin?!?! :thud:

Lee in MI
04-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Thorin!!!��. Niiiiice.

But what I the other dwarves? I hope we get them all.

Asmus - have you guys thought about doing pre-orders maybe for larger items like a scaled Treebeard or Cave Trolls? I'm sure price would be high and quantities low but there might be enough guys willing to throw some cash out there to get it done. These would be massive pieces but doable.

superdoug
04-04-2014, 06:07 AM
If spread out over 4 or 5 years I would love to get all 13 dwarves. 2 Hobbit figures and 4 Lord of the Rings figures a year would be close to taping out my resources so while I'd love to see them all in a year or two a slower release of them will ensure I can get them all.

hoodonit00
04-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Thank you guys,
we will have some intensive updates this week~
Be prepared!
So I hate to be a greedy SOB but can we expect more updates this week or was the Nazgul, as awesome as he is, the only one?

nexus
04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
I wonder if they mean next week for updates this being Friday. I'd like to at least see more on Eowyn and Aragorn would be over the top great.

Thus far I've gotten Witch King and pre-ordered Gandalf. I will also preorder Ringwraith on steed when it goes up. Definitely looking forward to the reveals for Aragorn, Eowyn and Gimli, at which point I may circle back around for Gothmog. I would like to see some of the Elves start to join the ranks. Legolas, Arwen and Tauriel from the Hobbit for starters. Hopefully the Hobbits will be tackled in short order. Again, LotR and The Hobbit really has the makings of such a rich line and deep line, so hoping nothing upsets the apple cart.

Wor-Gar
04-04-2014, 09:41 AM
I have WK, I have Gothmog, I have preordered Guritz and Gandalf... and I expect to preorder Nazgul and Steed.

I'm all in as they say. So far.

hoodonit00
04-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I have WK, I have Gothmog, I have preordered Guritz and Gandalf... and I expect to preorder Nazgul and Steed.

Same here. If the quality is there and the price doesn't increase too much I expect to get everything they release. Or in Texas hold em slang, I'm all in.

Bucky Underbelly
04-04-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm all in on this line, too. If I was any further in, I'd fall out the other side!

shocktrooper_au
04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not really into orcs esp the movie version, but I've got WK getting GTW and will aim for the Nazgul and steed as well

Sidious-66
04-05-2014, 08:04 AM
I will pick up the WK in the coming months and would definitely get a Lurtz (assuming he is made).

Sauron and a Balrog are nothing more than a pipe dream although the Nazgul and Steed is really tempting.

Darklord Dave
04-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Good to know a dwarf body is being developed. I think a soft plastic beard would be the way to go so it doesn't limit articulation too much. The mustache could be a separate piece.

Wor-Gar
04-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey Asmus -- has an edition size on the Nazgul and on the Nazgul/Steed two-pack been decided yet?

Yep, I'm still keeping track. Thank you. :)

Sidious-66
04-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Since I read that ASMUS are developing a new body will you be re-releasing the Witch-King again with the new improved body?

Thanks.

Wor-Gar
04-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Since I read that ASMUS are developing a new body will you be re-releasing the Witch-King again with the new improved body?

Thanks.

Asmus said earlier that they don't intend on remaking figures.

The Ween
04-08-2014, 07:42 PM

I am too. Bring it! :)

Sidious-66
04-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Asmus said earlier that they don't intend on remaking figures.

I see. Well hopefully when I get the WK his body is nice and tight.

Thanks.

Asmus
04-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Yes, we have an upgraded body under development,
hopefully for Skully we can start using it! (Was planed for Gandalf)

When it is ready and approved to be good,
we will develop a piece to make it taller for Morgul Lord
and we will have a special package to buy it in a cheaper way.

Hopefully that will fix WK once and for all

Thorondor_33
04-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Awesome! :clap

superdoug
04-11-2014, 04:15 AM

Great news! Can you maybe include an instruction sheet in the package on how to do the swap? My fear would be breaking stuff do to not knowing what I am doing.

BLNadal
04-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Asmus, when will you show pictures of any The Hobbit figure? Thanks

Geb
04-12-2014, 07:43 AM
NOt sure if this has been posted...but looks like their new body is shaping up!

Invictus Sol
04-12-2014, 08:01 AM
That looks nice. Also good to hear about the new body they're developing for Witch King. I was about to buy a narrow shoulder and modify it, but I'm not in a rush to display mine and would rather use something with the right proportions out of the box, so I'll wait and see how theirs turns out.

Wor-Gar
04-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Those hips on that body are going to cause a lot of problems in clothing. Fortunately, most ME characters have a lot of draping items to help cover it. But that old Kaustic body was abandoned because of its unnatural hips.

Malgus
04-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Those hips on that body are going to cause a lot of problems in clothing. Fortunately, most ME characters have a lot of draping items to help cover it. But that old Kaustic body was abandoned because of its unnatural hips.

I wonder why someone would even make a body with hips like that. A shape like that does nothing but causes problems.

Invictus Sol
04-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Hmm, now that you mention it, Wor-Gar, I don't know how I missed it. Could definitely see that causing problems with certain characters.

Wor-Gar
04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah, for characters in pants, when you tighten the belt the pockets flair out oddly. Creates feminine hips.

Most characters in Middle Earth have some sort of jerkin or robe or something that will hide this for the most part... but its not an ideal body shape for male figures.

superdoug
04-12-2014, 04:47 PM
They might just be using it on some of the figures. Maybe the heavily armored ones.

Bucky Underbelly
04-12-2014, 05:05 PM
So it's a modified Kaustic Plastic body? Or is it a straight up KP body? (But wasn't the KP body the problem with the Witch King the first time? Hopefully they have better QC this time around.)

It's hippy, but it should work fine for robed figures.

For the armored figures, though, I hope they take a page from Sideshow's book and engineer a body that's extra skinny. Sideshow figured that out pretty early on with all of their troopers that you need the body to be extra skinny or it ends up looking way too thick when you add the armor. And with LOTR, there are more layers of clothes, so they'll only look thicker.

Gipetto0812
04-12-2014, 09:19 PM
So it's a modified Kaustic Plastic body? Or is it a straight up KP body? (But wasn't the KP body the problem with the Witch King the first time? Hopefully they have better QC this time around.)

the original WK body (and Gothmog I think) was a KP body. This is a modified version with new arms it looks like

Asmus
04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes,
It is still a KP01A body, with adjustment.

The major difference is that we have bought the molds of the body from Kaustic Plastik.
so we now have total control of the mold.

Which mean in the future production,
we will be able to filter the bad ones off, and demand the factory to remake the whole batch if the quality is not satisfied.

In other words, we finally don't have to take whatever we are given...

Wor-Gar
04-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Hey Asmus, I think my question got buried some ways back, just curious if you know the edition size of the Nazul and Nazgul with steed?

Thanks in advance.

Asmus
04-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Hey Asmus, I think my question got buried some ways back, just curious if you know the edition size of the Nazul and Nazgul with steed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wor-Gar,

What do you mean by edition size?
its the box size, or the size of the figure?

Wor-Gar
04-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi Wor-Gar,

What do you mean by edition size?
its the box size, or the size of the figure?

Oh, no, the number of units or pieces for the run of this figure and steed. Like before when you said 900 Gothmogs, 1,000 Gandalfs, etc. Thanks.

superdoug
04-14-2014, 04:13 AM
The major difference is that we have bought the molds of the body from Kaustic Plastik.

. . .

That's got to be a nice feeling and I would think that it is good long term for Asmus on this line and future lines.

hoodonit00
04-14-2014, 08:28 AM
I honestly don't like the shoulder design on this body. I don't see how they can modify it to make the joints stronger. Hopefully I'm wrong.

superdoug
04-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Good point and depending on how they decide to make the weapons and armor there are a lot of figures that might have a lot of weight to support. Hopefully when an armored Theoden is made he can maintain a pose with his sord raised in the air. Currently my WK has never had a problem with supporting his sword and armor in 90% of the poses I have put him in. So they could be right that its just the qulaity of the bodies from the manufacturers and not the design itself.

Asmus
04-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Oh, no, the number of units or pieces for the run of this figure and steed. Like before when you said 900 Gothmogs, 1,000 Gandalfs, etc. Thanks.

HI, I have asked my boss about it.
But it is yet decided, it will be determined by the number of pre-orders.

Normally we will add some on top of the number.

Wor-Gar
04-14-2014, 10:52 PM
HI, I have asked my boss about it.
But it is yet decided, it will be determined by the number of pre-orders.

Normally we will add some on top of the number.

OK, thank you.

Sidious-66
04-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes, we have an upgraded body under development,
hopefully for Skully we can start using it! (Was planed for Gandalf)

Thanks for that.

Will the WK get a full re-release with the new body or will the body come alone to upgrade existing WK figures?

SirGor
04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Yes,
It is still a KP01A body, with adjustment.

Which mean in the future production,
we will be able to filter the bad ones off, and demand the factory to remake the whole batch if the quality is not satisfied.

:clap That's Great to Hear. :clap

Thorondor_33
04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
My Witch King hasn't arrived yet so I do not if it is loose jointed or not, but if it is I will be looking to purchase the new body and was thinking it would be cool if Asmus offered a rebate or discount on it to those already owning the Witch King figure. :cool:

Asmus
04-15-2014, 10:03 PM
We haven't figured out the kind deal will apply on WK for the new body at moment,
but there will be some kind deal for a replacement body for sure

TripleCP
04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Are there any plans to produce an Easterling soldier? I'd buy multiples if different weapon options were included (long pike/halberd with banner, short spear/axe, scimitar, and bow/arrows).

Interested in other uniform troop builders, as well (Gondor, Uruk-Hai, Elves of both Helm's Deep and the Prologue sequence, etc.), but Easterlings would be my top pick.

hoodonit00
04-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Ok going to whine a little bit here. I was checking out the original thread on OSW when this line was announced. 11 months ago it was stated that the Aragon headsculpt was being developed then and you hoped to release some pics soon. On the website under Aragon it's been saying coming soon for many months. Still nothing. Can we expect to see an update anytime soon?

dwing
04-25-2014, 05:36 PM
As long as he's perfect.

hoodonit00
04-26-2014, 11:38 AM
As long as he's perfect.yea I want it perfect as well. I just know pacing was a big reason why people lost interest with the Sideshow LOTR line. I don't want to see that happen with Asmus. Almost a year with only one small grainy pic is really pushing it if you ask me.

Wor-Gar
04-26-2014, 11:48 AM
^^^ is Aragorn all you are interested in? Because Asmus said it was going to be awhile for him yet.

hoodonit00
04-26-2014, 02:04 PM
^^^ is Aragorn all you are interested in? Because Asmus said it was going to be awhile for him yet.
No not at all. I have all the ones released and the rest are on preorder. We have not even seen finalized pics of Gandalf even though he is supposed to hit by second quarter. Like I said I just don't want Asmus to possibly have the same issues that SST did.

dwing
04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
The human sculpts will be the hardest to do. I believe they will be worth it unless they turn out like the 'night watchman' sculpt.

TripleCP
04-27-2014, 09:26 AM
If Asmus thinks Aragorn needs more work, I hope they continue to hold off on him until he's ready. The line has plenty of momentum going for it with the characters who haven't received 1:6 treatment before. Looking forward to seeing how the Mouth of Sauron is coming along.

kylemm
04-27-2014, 05:14 PM
This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I am coming into this conversation very late! Much like most on here I'm very excited to see the progress of this line. I've picked up the morgul lord and have the gothmog on the way. Excited for Gandalf!

I can't wait for more info on Aragorn and the mouth of sauron. I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par. Not meaning to offend anyone! I have high hopes that they do make one since she's one of my favorite characters. Maybe asmus could shed a little light on this subject? Or if anyone else has heard rumors?

starscream0
04-27-2014, 06:15 PM
This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I am coming into this conversation very late! Much like most on here I'm very excited to see the progress of this line. I've picked up the morgul lord and have the gothmog on the way. Excited for Gandalf!

I can't wait for more info on Aragorn and the mouth of sauron. I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par. Not meaning to offend anyone! I have high hopes that they do make one since she's one of my favorite characters. Maybe asmus could shed a little light on this subject? Or if anyone else has heard rumors?

WELCOME!! :wave

I would love to see Arwen. Asmus has stated they have over 20 figures scheduled so it would be nice to see Arwen. I haven't heard any rumors, maybe someone else has but I would think she could be a possible figure.

kylemm
04-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm glad someone else agrees! From what I have seen, I think asmus would do the character justice.

Petrolos
04-28-2014, 01:33 AM
Welcome kylemm!

I agree with you, too, I would very much like to get an Arwen figure myself! Galadriel and Eowyn as well, if I may add. No well rounded LoTR line would be complete without these!

kylemm
04-28-2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks again! :)

Fantastic to see some people pushing for a figure! Have you heard anything from asmus regarding the release time of some any new characters? I'm thinking q3 is going to be the nazgul quarter? So maybe December time for galadrial or Aragorn?

warlock664
04-28-2014, 04:24 AM
I'm curious to see if anyone is interested to see if they will do a arwen? I know sideshow did one, but I want to see a movie accurate piece that actually looks up to par.

When did Sideshow release an Arwen figure? Statues yes, but a 1/6 figure?

kylemm
04-28-2014, 07:29 AM
I don't think they did. I just meant more that other companies have covered her before. Weta and sideshow statues.

TripleCP
04-28-2014, 12:28 PM
Arwen is probably on their list, but I imagine its far down the road. Maybe a combo pack with Asfaloth. Would be cool to display with Black Riders in pursuit. They really need to nail the sculpt/paint job, though.

In the meantime, Asmus is doing great things with armored/combat ready characters, so I hope they continue on that track. I'd definitely like to see some Easterlings, Haradrim (including a Mumak Rider), Gondor Soldiers, and Rohirrim.

kylemm
04-28-2014, 04:10 PM
I think your right. Also the head sculpt would need to be spot on. Not sure what it is about her character that makes her so difficult. Seems most companies haven't been able to replicate her accurately. I would also love to see some easterlings. I think it would be cool to see a few generic soldiers like you said. I'd love to see a eleven warrior as well. Maybe they could do elrond from the sauron battle? Or maybe the eleven general who brings the eleven reinforcements in two towers I believe? Sorry, I can't for the life of me remember his name.

Random question! Have any of you done business with ekia hobbies? I've never heard of them, but they are selling pre orders of the nazgul and steed for 265.

Wor-Gar
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi Asmus,

Did you get the unit number yet on Nazgul on Steed? Curious how many you guys will be making.

Sankari
05-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi Asmus, do you have plans for a Sauron ? I really like your villains so far, have the WK, pre-ordered the nazguls, Sauron would be a nice companion. Just wondering

BLNadal
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
I think Azog must come with his warg :lol

Thorondor_33
05-07-2014, 09:50 AM
I think Azog must come with his warg :lol

x1000

nathan.never
05-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi,
Can somebody from Asmus (or anybody else?) tell me where I can buy their Leather combo set? In Europe preferably, and not some crazy prices?

Wor-Gar
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Asmus, you still checking in here?

hoodonit00
05-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Doesn't seem like it.

Invictus Sol
05-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi Asmus,

Did you get the unit number yet on Nazgul on Steed? Curious how many you guys will be making.

Just my uneducated guess, but I don't think this early into pre-orders they would want to say, even supposing they know themselves. I'm assuming the final number would be set after release. A ton of people only order once they see in-hand pics, so makes sense to me that Asmus would delay settling on a final number for as long as possible.

Wor-Gar
05-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Just my uneducated guess, but I don't think this early into pre-orders they would want to say, even supposing they know themselves.

Not sure why, Asmus gave us the breakdown of all the other figure's edition sizes (Witchking, Gothmog, Gandalf, Guritz). Maybe the whole ACI thing has messed up their plans as far as considering what portion of the business ACI will take?

Don't know why companies feel compelled to keep silent about the amount they make. Low numbers seem like a good thing.

Lejuan
05-08-2014, 10:31 PM
When ACI brought out their Roman General they said up front that they were making 1500. It was virtually a PO sell-out.

Invictus Sol
05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Not sure why, Asmus gave us the breakdown of all the other figure's edition sizes (Witchking, Gothmog, Gandalf, Guritz). Maybe the whole ACI thing has messed up their plans as far as considering what portion of the business ACI will take?

Don't know why companies feel compelled to keep silent about the amount they make. Low numbers seem like a good thing.
Again, speaking as an uneducated lout, but when did they release the numbers? Early into the run or after it had hit retail?

And unrelated, low numbers are a good thing for collectors, but not for the companies producing the figures.

When ACI brought out their Roman General they said up front that they were making 1500. It was virtually a PO sell-out.
Yes, but is that apples to apples? Generic Roman General vs Nazgul? I'd say there's a vastly smaller audience for the former than the latter.

Lejuan
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Again, speaking as an uneducated lout, but when did they release the numbers? Early into the run or after it had hit retail?

Yes, but is that apples to apples? Generic Roman General vs Nazgul? I'd say there's a vastly smaller audience for the former than the latter.

Oh yes, but I was more suggesting in response to Wor-Gar's observation about low numbers being a good thing that a published ES can work in the maker's favour.

Wor-Gar
05-08-2014, 11:01 PM

Well, they gave those numbers out in this thread (several pages back) a few weeks ago, so WK and Gothmog were out but obviously Guritz and Gandalf just are not and are still at preorder like Nazgul. I wouldn't ask if the Nazgul hadn't gone to preorder.

My comment about low numbers didn't imply that I thought that was a good business model. I meant that if you are going to produce something with a low edition, it seems like it would only help you to promote such low edition size... get people thinking they will miss out. I'm not sure how announcing a low edition could hurt you.

superdoug
05-09-2014, 04:35 AM
If you look at their other releases they didn't answer the number question until latter in the pre-order process. My guess is they are still guaging how many to make. Unlike maybe Gandalf, Gothmog, Witchking and Gurtiz the Nazgul are ones that could be seen as army builders or at least people may want to buy more than one but they might not be able to pre-order/pay for more than one at a time. Since they probably will not do more than one production run they might be weighing the risk vs reward in producing them in a higher number. Also unlike the others this one will have direct competition from ACI so there is that to factor in too.

Wor-Gar
05-09-2014, 11:25 AM
That's probably true, based on the fact that they are suddenly silent about unit numbers.

hoodonit00
05-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Here goes nothing. With the estimated arrival time for Gandalf and Guritz of the 2nd quarter of this year. Do you believe Asmus will be able to hit these times or are these both going to be pushed back?

Asmus
05-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Yeah, we have got the numbers now.
1300 for Ringwraith and Horse.
We have made 100+ extra on top of the pre-ordered number for in stock sell.
but, yeah, this is the final number.

nexus
05-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Any other updates on the line?
Aragorn? Eowyn? etc. News seems to have slowed to a trickle. I hope that doesn't mean the line will stall.

hoodonit00
05-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Any other updates on the line?
Aragorn? Eowyn? etc. News seems to have slowed to a trickle. I hope that doesn't mean the line will stall.
Update? What's an update?

Asmus
05-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Don't worry, we have many character working on at the same time !

hoodonit00
05-23-2014, 07:32 PM
Don't worry, we have many character working on at the same time !
Can you answer whether or not Gandalf and Guritz are being manufactured on time or is it looking like they will be pushed back?

Wor-Gar
05-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Yeah, we have got the numbers now.
1300 for Ringwraith and Horse.
We have made 100+ extra on top of the pre-ordered number for in stock sell.
but, yeah, this is the final number.

Good to hear. Thank you.

Asmus
05-24-2014, 09:26 AM
My colleague is going to factory next week to exam Skully,
so it is ready to go once the QC is done, so should all go out in early June.

Gandalf is pushed back to end of June, but looks like it is finally on the track, and should be no more delay on him

Our Ringwraith and stead is in the line now, so they should be good and on schedule!

hoodonit00
05-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the update. Some finalized pics would be nice so we can see what we're getting. I know I am very interested in seeing how Gandalfs paint apps turn out.

darkeyes
05-24-2014, 07:23 PM
I hope the Mouth of Sauron is still on track, that is a must buy for me.

Sankari
05-25-2014, 06:00 AM
Are there news pictures of Gandalf? Any position about Sauron?

Geb
05-25-2014, 07:19 AM
So good to hear that Asmus is responding with solid news. COMPLETED Pictures will follow i'm sure once the QC is done on Skully...with Gandalf imagery showing shortly thereafter. If the Gothmog is any testament to their QC, we should be in for a couple nice treats!

Wor-Gar
05-25-2014, 10:31 AM
I hope the Mouth of Sauron is still on track, that is a must buy for me.

Yes, this one is of particular interest to me.