PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Asmus

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

DioramaMaker
03-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Nice! What an excellent sculpt. Well done! Do you have the same person doing this one as any of your other sculpts?

Bucky Underbelly
03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
VERY nice! Terrific likeness!

cmiller99
03-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Looks good.

starduster
03-20-2016, 05:15 AM
just around corner now.

that is fantastic!

bunnyfreakz
03-20-2016, 05:25 AM
Frodo and Sam pack please.

denrep-lilium
03-20-2016, 07:03 AM
Frodo and Sam pack please.

They said it will not be a two-pack.

Jrobertson
03-20-2016, 07:33 AM
That looks great

superdoug
03-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Looks good to me!

Travis Baumann
03-23-2016, 03:34 PM
The straight on looks just like the actor. I wonder how watery and emotion-filled they will make the eyes.

Wor-Gar
08-08-2016, 04:22 PM
In the event anyone can help me from Asmus:

I forgot my account password and was told a new password was sent to my email... but I never received it. I've email Asmus via their site but since it doesn't seem to be working for me... I'm trying here.

Help, George!

DioramaMaker
08-09-2016, 02:07 AM
Help him Georgie-Wan-Kenobi, you're his only hope!

superdoug
08-09-2016, 05:46 AM
In the event anyone can help me from Asmus:

I forgot my account password and was told a new password was sent to my email... but I never received it. I've email Asmus via their site but since it doesn't seem to be working for me... I'm trying here.

Help, George!

PM Asmus on here. I have done that once or twice and they have been quick to respond.

Wor-Gar
08-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks guys!

I got a response from Rola at Asmus, but strangely she says she cannot issue passwords and cannot help me. Nothing ever came thru spam, and I did the "get new password" thing twice and nothing. So I have two preorders that I no longer can reach. :slap

I'm moving in two months and the fact that I can't change my Grishnahk shipping address is really going to make trouble, I just know it.

DioramaMaker
08-09-2016, 11:46 AM
I know it sounds like a dumb question but is it going to the right email address? Did you perhaps use a different one for the Asmus site?

Wor-Gar
08-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Nope, the same email is how Rola responded to me... so it works fine.

Thainitty
08-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Can asmus just change the shipping address for you referencing your order number? @wor-gar

Wor-Gar
08-09-2016, 05:46 PM
I sure hope so. That's exactly what I asked in my last email to Rola -- if I can contact Asmus to change the address once I know where I'm moving.

I PM'd George here too, so I'm sure in time it will get worked out.

Just be aware you guys -- in case you forget your password. Better write it down somewhere right now.

superdoug
08-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys!

I got a response from Rola at Asmus, but strangely she says she cannot issue passwords and cannot help me. Nothing ever came thru spam, and I did the "get new password" thing twice and nothing. So I have two preorders that I no longer can reach. :slap

I'm moving in two months and the fact that I can't change my Grishnahk shipping address is really going to make trouble, I just know it.

I was able to change my Gandalf address today when I got the invoice sent to me. If you did the deposit I think you can do it that way. I have never been able to get my password reset to I always do the "guest" checkout now.

Asmus did tell me through pm that they changed my address but it still showed up as the old one on the invoice do I changed it there just to be safe.

Thainitty
08-12-2016, 02:29 AM
Any luck @wor-gar?

Wor-Gar
08-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Yes. George here was kind enough to get back to me, and Rola from Asmus did as well. With those two contacts I feel confident that I will be taken care of.

I paid for Gandalf yesterday so hopefully it has shipped and on its way. And I was told Grishnahk is likely to ship before I move so that problem could be sold.

Thanks for asking, Thainitty.

jankatana
08-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Paid up too, likely at the back of the shipping queue now but thats ok.
Something to look forward to [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdoug
08-12-2016, 01:26 PM
With Gandalf shipping that leaves Grishnak as the only new figure left on preorder for Lord of the Rings. Not counting Saruman since he is basically a reissue. Hopefully they make another announcement or two soon.

Asmus any hints on when the next preorder will be and for who? Thanks!

After Sideshows' 1/6 figure and 1/6 statue lines died without producing the full fellowship I will probably be on edge until I have them all on pre-order.

Thainitty
08-12-2016, 02:51 PM
Right on @wor-gar, glad it worked out :yess:

nexus
08-12-2016, 03:48 PM
There does seem to be a slowdown in announcements. I imagine Legolas will be showing up soon and maybe Gimli. I still need to pick up the Hobbits

Travis Baumann
08-17-2016, 01:46 PM
I suspect we will see Frodo and Sam as well as Thranduil in the near future as they seemed to be the farthest along on those from what they have shown.

Perhaps I am wrong and they secretly have developed Boromir, Legolas, and Gimli farther than they have shown which would be good news indeed.

RandomHero
08-17-2016, 03:04 PM
They did say they wanted to have the entire Fellowship completed in 2016. If we've seen Thranduil is pretty far along, I would say, hopefully, they are working on a lot of other pieces at the same time as well.

Still hoping to see Eomer, Theoden, a warrior Elrond, Boromir and Faramir announced at some point soon.

hoodonit00
08-17-2016, 04:39 PM
They did say they wanted to have the entire Fellowship completed in 2016. If we've seen Thranduil is pretty far along, I would say, hopefully, they are working on a lot of other pieces at the same time as well.

Still hoping to see Eomer, Theoden, a warrior Elrond, Boromir and Faramir announced at some point soon.
Boromir was announced. We just haven't seen anything other than the digitized head sculpt so far.

cmiller99
08-20-2016, 08:16 PM
So what have we seen so far?

Frodo - head
Sam - head
Boromir - digital head
Legolas - head
Gimli - nada

I don't think they'll be done with the Fellowship by 2016, even if they have developed the other parts - announcing all those figures for PO with so little time between them could be a poor move.

superdoug
08-21-2016, 10:12 AM
As long as they finish the fellowship I don't care if it takes them into 2017 to do it. My biggest fear is that the law be dies before we get them all. I am still hoping the line continues for at least 3 more years if not longer. I will buy whatever Middle Earth figure they put out as long as their quality keeps going in the general direction it has been.

greedo737
08-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Just give me a Sauron and I'll be happy.

Ninersphan
08-21-2016, 01:48 PM
I just need Sam and Frodo, and only because Merry and Pippen are out of scale with the SS versions. I'm perfectly happy with my SS versions of Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gandalf and my custom Gimli.

Snakey Jones
08-26-2016, 09:25 PM
So i guess Thranduil is going to be the next pre-order?

cmiller99
08-27-2016, 02:46 PM
There's no guarantee of that. We haven't seen much of Thranduil, not since... last year perhaps?

If their priority is the Fellowship there's no reason for Thranduil to be revealed just yet.

RandomHero
08-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Didn't they basically show a complete looking Thranduil in a preview picture of Gandalf?

Bucky Underbelly
08-27-2016, 05:17 PM
They did. We didn't get any closeups and you couldn't see the face, but he was looking pretty far along. I know they're concentrating on the Fellowship right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped Thranduil into the lineup sometime in the next few figures.

Snakey Jones
08-27-2016, 06:41 PM
yeah, if you check the thranduil thread there's a picture where he looks more or less complete. Once grishnakh gets released (which should be within the next couple of months) they're pretty much "done" with all their preorders. It's only their unlicensed john conner figure and the saruman slim version after that. They're going to have to put up a new preorder soon and i'm willing to bet it's thranduil, unless they surprise us like grishnakh and they've had another figure in the works for somew time now. maybe they finally finished legolas and were keeping it a secret?

cmiller99
08-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Didn't they basically show a complete looking Thranduil in a preview picture of Gandalf?

Aw yeah I forgot about that.

Well then yes, he might be coming soon.

lord-22
08-30-2016, 06:17 AM
i really hope i'll have the full fellowship on my shelfe at the end of 2017.

Bucky Underbelly
08-30-2016, 07:39 AM
Hi Asmus!

When you're ready to send out your new and improved Gandalf the White head sculpt, do you think it might be possible to also throw in a few pairs of those newly-sculpted (and fantastic) Gandalf the Grey hands, too? I don't mean for free, I'd be more than happy to pay for such an upgrade!

jankatana
09-02-2016, 04:35 AM
Now Gandalf is shipping, whats the next preorder coming up? Thanks Asmus

Cammo
09-02-2016, 06:44 AM
They'll really have to hurry with these announcements and production runs before the end of 2016. They need to do 5 figures in 4 months? I don't see that happening. Just take your time Asmus. But I really really want to see a tease from The Mask. My favourite comedy from the 90s.

hoodonit00
09-02-2016, 07:34 AM
They'll really have to hurry with these announcements and production runs before the end of 2016. They need to do 5 figures in 4 months? I don't see that happening. Just take your time Asmus. But I really really want to see a tease from The Mask. My favourite comedy from the 90s.

Completed Mask figure shown on FB today.

Cammo
09-02-2016, 10:37 AM
:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

My most wanted 1/6 figure ever finally available at a reasonable price! I love it.

Thanks Asmus! (& hoodonit00 for notifying me)

blueguy316
09-03-2016, 05:43 PM

So how about that Fellowship completing by the end of the year?

cmiller99
09-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Unlikely at this rate.

hoodonit00
09-03-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure if they meant that the whole fellowship would be released or that we would see them all by then?

cmiller99
09-03-2016, 10:28 PM
I think it was said that they'd be officially announced, but perhaps we've been reading too far into a vague comment - maybe they will just show us pictures and then take their time with the ordering process. Perhaps there's a convention coming up that they're attending...?

RandomHero
09-04-2016, 08:39 AM
I really wish they'd at least announce these figures. With so many Star Wars and Marvel figures I want coming out, I need to make sure I budget for the Asmus LOTR figures. Now the Rogue One figures are getting announced, if Asmus doesn't at least announce these Fellowship figures before the Rogue One and Doctor Strange figures go up for preorder, I might not have enough to preorder from them too.

Not sure why at least announcing them and giving us a time frame for release is a bad thing. I'd rather them take their time so the head sculpts and accessories on these come out amazing, but at least let us know what to expect.

Bucky Underbelly
09-04-2016, 09:53 AM
I'm totally fine if the completion of the Fellowship stretches into next year. Based on the rate Asmus is pumping Middle-Earth figures out, it's absolutely no sweat for me. It's not like we're waiting on one figure per year (or less) like some other lines/companies i could mention. It's not like Asmus is sitting on their hands here. I have zero complaints!

RandomHero
09-04-2016, 10:51 AM
No, I get it. I'm not complaining...what I mean is that right now, I have the CW Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man and Black Widow on pre-order, plus Yoda. I know, when I can, I want to pre-order Falcon, Bucky and Hawkeye. There's probably going to be 3-4 Rogue One figures I'd like, plus the Doctor Strange figure. On top of that, I cancelled my Gandalf the Grey figure and I'm still trying to decide if I'll be happy enough with the sculpt to reorder it!

These figures definitely add up. I just wish I know what else Asmus had planned, so I could in turn plan accordingly.

Jokes & Bats
09-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Where is Legolas?

MaxGoof
09-08-2016, 09:46 PM
With Gandalf the Grey sold out instantly from most US retailers like BBTS and Sideshow, what are the chances of seeing Gandalf reissued or given a Slim edition with tighter/fixed ankles?

Wor-Gar
09-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Slim Edition I'd say is highly -- highly -- likely.

cmiller99
09-08-2016, 11:02 PM
How about a slim edition with the old sculpt? :monkey3 :lol

superdoug
09-09-2016, 04:19 AM
I have heard from one retailer that Asmus is considering a LOTR Gandalf (new sculpt) but I do not know if that is inside information or just conjecture from being on boards like this one where Asmus has kind of said they might do one form the road.

I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

cmiller99
09-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm hoping for the former. :pray:

Cammo
09-10-2016, 12:58 AM
I have heard from one retailer that Asmus is considering a LOTR Gandalf (new sculpt) but I do not know if that is inside information or just conjecture from being on boards like this one where Asmus has kind of said they might do one form the road.

I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

That would be unfortunate for those who bought the first version and like the headsculpt with sculpted hair. :/

I really want to see a brighter picture of both those Mask sculpts though.

PG1973
09-10-2016, 02:38 AM
=superdoug;8858285I really hope the line is doing well for Asmus because I would love to see it go on for years to come.

All their newer figures seem to be selling out and with the second run of Saruman, it seems to be doing ok. I hope it lasts as well, there are a few more figures I would like to see from this line.

RandomHero
09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Does anyone feel like Asmus has been missing from these boards a bit lately? I feel like they were a bit more active before Gandalf was released. Maybe it's just me.

egel
09-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Still holding off for now. Want to see Legolas, Gimli and Boromir prototypes before going in. Sideshow promise on finishing the Fellowship in the Maquette line (and dropping the PF's) has destroyed my optimism. Can't trust words, need proof.

Anyone heard something about those updated Gandalf the White sculpts yet? Deafening silence?

DioramaMaker
09-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Does anyone feel like Asmus has been missing from these boards a bit lately? I feel like they were a bit more active before Gandalf was released. Maybe it's just me.
When 90% of people are jackasses toward you and your work with zero tact, politeness, and don't understand the difference between constructive criticism and being rude is, I'm not surprised they jumped ship a bit.

hoodonit00
09-10-2016, 06:07 PM
When 90% of people are jackasses toward you and your work with zero tact, politeness, and don't understand the difference between constructive criticism and being rude is, I'm not surprised they jumped ship a bit.

Well to be fair, there were only several members who were really rude. I understand what you are saying though.

MaxGoof
09-10-2016, 07:26 PM

I'm just hoping Asmus hasn't decided that they don't need to hang out her and interact with fans anymore because sales are trending up on recent figures. :(

Thainitty
09-10-2016, 08:48 PM
I think asmus is pretty active here and they have great customer service, asmus is all good in my eyes.

MaxGoof
09-11-2016, 12:16 PM
I was excited to see Asmus on the Exhibitor List for NYCC 2016, but it sounds from their blurb like you're only going to be showing off Hateful Eight figures at NYCC and not Tolkien? :(

"We dedicate ourselves to high-end collectible action figures, a world of delicacy and fun. You may know us from our product series "The Lord Of Rings" "The Hobbits", but this year we'll present you our brand-new product line: The Hateful Eight. "

RandomHero
09-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Seriously?! Wtf. That was going to be the very first booth I was going to go to when I got to NYCC...now I may just stop by to ask about LOTR figures coming out the future if I have time. That is disappointing.

Thainitty
09-12-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm looking forward to hateful 8 figures

Asmus
09-13-2016, 07:59 AM
There will be LOTR figures~ Actually quite a few debut too

Jrobertson
09-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Thats great news

denrep-lilium
09-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Great news. Hope they will present new Gandalf the White sculpt, and Frodo with Sam. Definitely there will be Tranduil, and possibly Legolas.

MaxGoof
09-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Will Asmus be bringing figures to sell at NYCC as well, or just displaying? Because if you're selling figures there, I may need to bring a bit more money...

agonistes86
09-13-2016, 12:54 PM

That would be unfortunate for those who bought the first version and like the headsculpt with sculpted hair. :/

Asmus actually posted that in the GtG thread here back in July. Link (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155842&p=8772830&viewfull=1#post8772830).

Do you think there will ever be a LOTR specific version released? Could be an easy(ish) release with the earlier headsculpt and tweaked costume.

If there is enough request for it, I would say it is very possible.
We hate to waste a good head sculpt too.

RandomHero
09-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Will Asmus be bringing figures to sell at NYCC as well, or just displaying? Because if you're selling figures there, I may need to bring a bit more money...

I'd also be interested in buying if you guys are selling there.

RandomHero
09-13-2016, 04:20 PM

I'm really excited to come to your booth! I'll be there very shortly after arriving...I can't wait to see what you guys will have out and meet some of your staff. I really want you guys to succeed and I can't wait to stop by and say hi!

xequae
09-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Great news!! Can't wait to see more of the Fellowship and any other LOTR figures.

superdoug
09-13-2016, 06:05 PM

Fantastic news! I cannot wait to see them.

Cammo
09-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Will the newly announced The Mask figure be at the booth? (I'd love some close-ups on the clenching teeth sculpt.) :clap

Johnny Utah
09-16-2016, 01:50 PM
Asmus - aside from the already announced stuff will you be announcing any new licenses? I'd love to see you do Tombstone.

Wor-Gar
09-21-2016, 10:10 PM
We had a flurry of LOTR figures in just the last 6 weeks -- Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf the Grey and Grishnakh...

... is there anything that George or Asmus can say about the upcoming figures and who is next in line to be revealed for a preorder?

troy_story
09-22-2016, 06:06 AM
Will you guys (Asmus) be re releasing Ghostface in the new future? I missed out on the first run and have been kicking myself since!

Asmus
09-26-2016, 08:36 AM
We had a flurry of LOTR figures in just the last 6 weeks -- Mouth of Sauron, Gandalf the Grey and Grishnakh...

... is there anything that George or Asmus can say about the upcoming figures and who is next in line to be revealed for a preorder?

We shall display Frodo and Sam at the show, and another one if possible.
By all means drop by our booth, we may not be there all the time, but if we do meet, we will prepare some gift for you !!

Asmus
09-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Asmus - aside from the already announced stuff will you be announcing any new licenses? I'd love to see you do Tombstone.

Yes, we are constantly approaching for new licenses ~
Kinda focus video game at moment.

Bravomite
09-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Great news I need some more hobbits

RandomHero
09-26-2016, 01:36 PM
By all means drop by our booth, we may not be there all the time, but if we do meet, we will prepare some gift for you !!

I'll be there on Saturday, I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

At this point, is it safe to say we won't see the entire Fellowship by the end of 2016? Not a problem if we don't, I just remember a completed Fellowship was the goal by the end of the year.

Wor-Gar
09-26-2016, 01:45 PM

Excellent news!

I won't be able to get to the show -- I'm still in the middle of my move digging myself out of boxes -- but THANK YOU so much for the kind offer. I do hope to meet you and the entire Asmus team one day.

DioramaMaker
09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Video Games you say? Any hints? Might be a long shot but I would LOVE to see you tackle The Witcher 3. The armor, medevial, and magical styles and themes are right up your alley given the background with Lord of the Rings.

Sankari
09-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Video Games you say? Any hints? Might be a long shot but I would LOVE to see you tackle The Witcher 3. The armor, medevial, and magical styles and themes are right up your alley given the background with Lord of the Rings.

Please be Dark Souls, please be Dark Souls

Johnny Utah
09-27-2016, 04:33 AM
I can't think of any videogames I'd want. The Last Of Us isn't being licensed for figures by Naughty Dog.

K.bowen
09-27-2016, 04:38 AM
I can't think of any videogames I'd want. The Last Of Us isn't being licensed for figures by Naughty Dog.

That's a shame last of us figures would be amazing, dont expect any witcher figures apparently they are only willing to give the license out to statue makers

Johnny Utah
09-27-2016, 06:01 AM
I'd love MGS since HT have squandered its massive potential. Still waiting for a figure of Snake from TPP. Knowing them it'll be in the wrong suit.

DioramaMaker
09-27-2016, 07:12 AM
That's a shame last of us figures would be amazing, dont expect any witcher figures apparently they are only willing to give the license out to statue makers

What makes you say this? Just empirical evidence based on what's coming out?

K.bowen
09-27-2016, 11:41 AM
What makes you say this? Just empirical evidence based on what's coming out?

I asked them a few months back about aquiring the license, such a dam shame too, 1/6 witcher figure from asmus toys would be pretty awesome

TheWordWizard
10-05-2016, 01:38 PM
I'd love to see figures based on Shadow of Mordor. I know it's highly, highly unlikely, as the game came out two years ago (though maybe if the game gets a sequel), but I've wanted a Talion figure ever since the first footage of the character was shown. :D

RandomHero
10-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Let's get through all of the major humans and elves before we start worrying about non-canon characters.

cmiller99
10-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I agree completely.

Cammo
10-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Did I misread or was it just a rumour that Frodo & Samwise were going to be at the NYCC-booth. Also, where is The Mask? Thranduil looks good though.

BTW here are some close-ups from some of the newly announced figures:

Jokes & Bats
10-06-2016, 03:15 PM
No Legolas :(

hoodonit00
10-06-2016, 06:34 PM
No Legolas :(
Yea bummer. Asmus did say there should be a full reveal on here within the month.

Wor-Gar
10-06-2016, 10:17 PM
While Asmus is working on their human likenesses... I would love to see Lurtz and a Berzerker (reuse built in, Asmus -- are you listening?)

Asmus
10-07-2016, 05:46 AM
While Asmus is working on their human likenesses... I would love to see Lurtz and a Berzerker (reuse built in, Asmus -- are you listening?)

Roger roger ~

superdoug
10-07-2016, 07:06 AM
I really, really hope that means yes and yes! Lurtz, besrekers, Uruk Hai and scout Uruk Hai would be amazing. I would love to be able to set up an Amon Hen dio and a Helms Deep one. Don't forget about finishing the fellowship, Theoden, Eomer, Faramir, Halidir...

Wor-Gar
10-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Roger roger ~

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/oh-boy-spanky-George-McFarland.gif

:yess:

SunrayTheWingman
10-10-2016, 08:42 AM
If you guys are focusing on video game licenses, you should look into The Witcher (especially Witcher 3). A Geralt of Rivia figure made by Asmus would be an instant buy.

denrep-lilium
10-13-2016, 12:18 AM
Is there any hope to see new Gandalf the White sculpt? It was stated quite ago that there is a new sculpt in development, but no news till now.

K.bowen
10-14-2016, 03:32 AM
Please release an accessory set with all the characters origins cloaks im not a fan of the Greenleaf, want mine from the fellowship

hoodonit00
10-14-2016, 06:04 AM
Please release an accessory set with all the characters origins cloaks im not a fan of the Greenleaf, want mine from the fellowship

One aspect of this line that I was hoping to see but we haven't yet. Armorers on the battlefield.

Wor-Gar
10-23-2016, 07:50 PM
I'm going to toss out a question for Asmus:

As we near the end of the year, can you share with us what will be the final figure(s) revealed for 2016...?

superdoug
10-24-2016, 06:16 PM
I would love to see them add walking sticks to the Frido and Adam figures. It would be a real nice extra touch to the figures that Sideshow did not do. Another question would be if they have considered making an add on set of the pre-Lothlorien cloaks and the short swords and belts they had from Weathertop and Moria (from the Tom at the Barrows if you go by the books and Aragorn at Weathertop if you go by the movies).

warlock664
10-25-2016, 09:36 AM
I would love to see them add walking sticks to the Frido and Adam figures.

Who now?

Bucky Underbelly
10-25-2016, 09:54 AM
:lol

They're from Autocorrect's new book: "Jr. Tokens Laird of the Rugs"

superdoug
10-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Who now?

Stupid stupid auto correct. Need to start having my kids proofread my posts. Even my three-year-old would've caught that one.

Asmus
10-27-2016, 10:20 PM
Stupid stupid auto correct. Need to start having my kids proofread my posts. Even my three-year-old would've caught that one.

besides whoever that is you are talking about,
other suggestions are actually pretty solid, and were all being discussed on the table.

Unfortunately, for the 4 hobbits, there is hardly any room of budget to make those accessories...
the thing is, the cost of making a hobbit is equal to a regular figure, but hobbits are smaller, so the price has to be lower too,
therefore we struggle to break even on the sells of hobbits.

cmiller99
10-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Sure is a dilemma. Are accessory expansion packs sold after the fact out of the question?

MaxGoof
10-28-2016, 07:29 PM
besides whoever that is you are talking about,
other suggestions are actually pretty solid, and were all being discussed on the table.

Unfortunately, for the 4 hobbits, there is hardly any room of budget to make those accessories...
the thing is, the cost of making a hobbit is equal to a regular figure, but hobbits are smaller, so the price has to be lower too,
therefore we struggle to break even on the sells of hobbits.

You've been mentioning possible accessory packs for the hobbits with possibly new heads for Merry and Pippin since early in the year, Asmus. Is there any progress on the potential release of these types of expansions, or will those not be moving forward? I'd be happy to buy new versions of Merry & Pippin to get new clothes and heads if that's what it takes as well.

solominic_knight
10-28-2016, 09:57 PM
They'll do the new heads at the same time as sending out replacement Nazgul bodies

Travis Baumann
10-29-2016, 12:30 PM
They'll do the new heads at the same time as sending out replacement Nazgul bodies

I got my replacement Nazgul body quite some time ago. Got my replacement Witch King body even longer ago.

Are you sure you sent them the correct picture/proof of purchase? They are very responsive via email so I would suggest following up if you are still waiting.

They may want to make good on the Gandalf the White head replacement though, and get themselves off of Captain Toy's top 10 disappointments (that fig. is No. 1 two years in a row).

warlock664
10-29-2016, 08:40 PM
I got my replacement Nazgul body quite some time ago. Got my replacement Witch King body even longer ago.

Are you sure you sent them the correct picture/proof of purchase? They are very responsive via email so I would suggest following up if you are still waiting.

They may want to make good on the Gandalf the White head replacement though, and get themselves off of Captain Toy's top 10 disappointments (that fig. is No. 1 two years in a row).

I've been waiting 8 months for mine, as well.
And yes, I sent pics of the signed COA as instructed.

solominic_knight
10-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Same here. Was talking with their support on fb. Had confirmation and was told couple months back they rejected bodies and would update. No response to any inquires since.

CanadianBrandon
11-01-2016, 06:31 AM
I received my updated Nazgul body (with two left feet) but still haven't received my updated Witchking body and I preordered that thing when he was first released! How long ago was that now...😡

Ninersphan
11-01-2016, 07:12 PM
I would love to see them add walking sticks to the Frido and Adam figures. It would be a real nice extra touch to the figures that Sideshow did not do. Another question would be if they have considered making an add on set of the pre-Lothlorien cloaks and the short swords and belts they had from Weathertop and Moria (from the Tom at the Barrows if you go by the books and Aragorn at Weathertop if you go by the movies).

Agreed. I've never understood why the Lorien cloaks were the choice for cloaks for these figures. To me, the point of these figures is to have an entire Fellowship, well by the time the cloaks are given Gandalf is gone and the fellowship is down to 8 and quickly on its way to dispersing. So to display the figures with the Lorien cloaks and Gandalf the Grey is just wrong IMHO. Really hope Asmus can figure a way to get these out, I'd have MUCH rather had them than the Lorien cloaks.

DioramaMaker
11-06-2016, 10:30 PM
ETA on a Martin Freeman Bilbo?

Sildedaspo
11-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Asmus, it's Gimli time.

Also I would shell out top dollar for a good 1:6 Sauron. That is all.

Of course, I will probably end up buying whatever you put in front of me anyways, even if it's not gimli.

hoodonit00
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Asmus, it's Gimli time.

Of course, I will probably end up buying whatever you put in front of me anyways, even if it's not gimli.

I want to see Legolas as well. According to member Asmus, he was hoping to have a full reveal by now. So far no luck.

Bucky Underbelly
11-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Asmus, it's Gimli time.

Sauron may not be too far away. I noticed on Asmus' site that they've developed a 1/4 scale body which might be a pretty good starting point for the big fella ...

http://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120 (http://adartwork.tw-blog.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120)

cmiller99
11-07-2016, 08:15 PM
I believe that was developed for their new 1/4 scale Bruce Wayne suit, but yeah, it might be a starting point. I can't remember how big Sauron would be in 1/6 though - it could possibly be even larger than a 1/4 scale body.

Bucky Underbelly
11-07-2016, 08:44 PM
I believe that was developed for their new 1/4 scale Bruce Wayne suit, but yeah, it might be a starting point. I can't remember how big Sauron would be in 1/6 though - it could possibly be even larger than a 1/4 scale body.

Yup. It's primarily for Wayne, but I'd imagine they had other ideas for using it elsewhere when they developed it and Sauron might be a good candidate. (The teenager body must share a fair number of components with the hobbits, after all.)

I believe in the DVD extras, Sauron is listed at around 10 or 11 feet tall (to the tip of his helm). So an 18-inch body would be the equivalent of 9 feet. Pop a tall, spiky helm on that and you're in the right neighborhood ...

cmiller99
11-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Good points. :duff It's certainly a possibility.

Wor-Gar
11-07-2016, 09:57 PM
I have nowhere to display a Sauron anywhere near my LOTR figures.

I fear the temptation a 20 inch tall Sauron would cause me.

Thainitty
11-09-2016, 06:40 AM
I think the 1/4 scale body is a coo model

RandomHero
11-09-2016, 07:05 AM
I said this in another thread, but per my conversation with the Asmus reps at NYCC, Gimli and Thorin will probably be the next figures we see.

Boromir and Legolas are still far away.

batsheva
11-09-2016, 08:02 AM
How about the replacement head for the customer that bought the melting Tauriel?

hoodonit00
11-09-2016, 08:08 AM
I said this in another thread, but per my conversation with the Asmus reps at NYCC, Gimli and Thorin will probably be the next figures we see.

Boromir and Legolas are still far away.

Asmus himself said over a month ago that he thought we would see a full reveal of Legolas soon?

RandomHero
11-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Asmus himself said over a month ago that he thought we would see a full reveal of Legolas soon?

I'm just telling you what the reps told me face to face.

Not that it matters since they'll just screw up the face sculpts on these too.

Bucky Underbelly
11-09-2016, 09:38 AM
I think the 1/4 scale body is a coo model

Ah, good catch. Missed that before. Still, I suppose that wouldn't preclude them from using that as a base for Sauron. They've worked with other body suppliers in the past. As long as they can steer clear of the electrical tape, it should be fine! :lol

solominic_knight
11-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Would look awesome besides my Weta piece though.

Thainitty
11-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Ah, good catch. Missed that before. Still, I suppose that wouldn't preclude them from using that as a base for Sauron. They've worked with other body suppliers in the past. As long as they can steer clear of the electrical tape, it should be fine! :lol

Hahaha! I'm with you on that

DioramaMaker
11-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Thorin is the only Hobbit figure I'm interested in outside a young Bilbo. Very happy to hear he's coming soon.

Sildedaspo
11-11-2016, 07:48 PM
The body being used for Sauron is quite an exciting prospect. I really wouldn't mind if he was slightly under scaled, about the size of Hot Toys Hulk, as that would still look right to the eye and fit in well with the collection.

FlyAndFight
11-15-2016, 03:50 PM
Taken care of.

Thanks

Wor-Gar
02-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Curious if George can chime in with the current Asmus intention for the next upcoming months... maybe give us a hopeful peek into what they have planned for preview?

Sildedaspo
02-14-2017, 09:00 PM
GIMLI!!

asgardianboy
03-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Hi everybody.
What do you guys think Asmuss upcoming releases will be?

Legolas, Gimli, Boromir? Any other figure? Any other order?

And afterwards? Throin, Sauron?

What about Elrond, Galadriel, Faramir, Gollum, other dwarves, etc?

Thanks,
m.

jankatana
03-17-2017, 06:42 AM
It had better be Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, no messing around with other characters. Asmus need to complete the fellowship as priority.

D..C
03-17-2017, 06:43 AM
I believe they've mentioned Urak-hai for this year

asgardianboy
03-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Second question: I have noticed the teenager body has no neck articulation (only head articulation). Saruman, no neck articulation either. The same for Aragorn, and surely for many other figures from the line.

Isn't the lacking neck articulation a plain stupid design decision? This is a franchise were everybody is dressed up to their throats, and never get nacked (no GoT here). Neck articulation + head articulation gives a lot of realism to the figure... Come on... why not using Hot Toys-like bodies??

On top of that, news of these bodies' articulations being weak have cropped up through the years (weird wrist joint mechanism, fragile pegs, weak articulations...).

Don't you think guys Asmus bodies have a lot of room for improvement and we should demand that improvement to be made once and for all with the next release? These figures ain't cheap!

I hope Mr Asmus is reading this and has some good news to tell... Anyway, maybe we should complain together, as a community. These figures will accompany me for years and years and I want them as perfect as possible. They are expensive and for that money we all deserver not having to replace the bodies for something else that's plain better and available for Asmus to use since 2010!!

Please guys do chime in.

Thanks,
m.

hoodonit00
03-17-2017, 07:03 AM
George has finally posted back in here after disappearing for awhile. The tone of your posts is why I think he left for awhile. How about you dial it back a bit with the rhetoric of "demand improvement be made" and "complain together as a community". There, I chimed in.

Thainitty
03-17-2017, 08:10 AM
George has finally posted back in here after disappearing for awhile. The tone of your posts is why I think he left for awhile. How about you dial it back a bit with the rhetoric of "demand improvement be made" and "complain together as a community". There, I chimed in.

Agreed :exactly:

Sildedaspo
03-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Gimli

Wor-Gar
03-17-2017, 11:18 AM
GIMLI!!

Gimli

I am Groot.

TheWordWizard
03-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Is there any chance of more Merry and Pippin, either another run, or even a slim version? (Although, I'm not sure what could be cut to make a slim one, other than maybe releasing them separately. :lol) I missed out on them (my own fault: I didn't have the funds when they first released, and I waited too long on the last one I saw) and now eBay prices have jumped on them, and I'd hate to have an incomplete Fellowship. If there's no chance, I understand, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

Manannin
03-21-2017, 06:10 AM

I have to agree too. Not to pick on anyone, but complaining as a community seems a little counter productive to me. We had an active community member from the company we are discussing (which is quite rare and lucky in itself). They see if anybody raises an issue, they are probably even aware it's a shortcoming already (such as certain bodies). Creating a mob-like atmosphere here only drives the representative away and that is bad for all of us.

Let's keep the critisicm constructive, and hopefully they can incorporate it into the productions. I totally get it when things aren't as we would like, for example I recently got Frodo and Sam and I was a little disappointed with Sam's headsculpt (though both are much better in hand) and the mythril vest (the paper-like detailing is not my favourite). However the tailoring is unbelievable, the bodies are fantastic (neck articulation would have been nice I admit) and the amount of accessories is also fantastic (though I would have loved a metal Sting, the real chain for the ring more than makes up for it).
Overall so many more positives than negatives. We have never had LOTR figures of this quality, nor been so close to a full fellowship before and I for one really hope Asmus continue.
Basically yes there is room for improvement and they are here to get feedback, so let's give it and hope they agree!

jankatana
03-21-2017, 11:57 AM
The level of detail and dedication to the line is incredible, despite some imperfections lotr has to be one of the most difficult artistic endeavours to take on. I salute you asmus, dont stop the hard work

Indiana Fett
03-21-2017, 02:46 PM
The level of detail and dedication to the line is incredible, despite some imperfections lotr has to be one of the most difficult artistic endeavours to take on. I salute you asmus, dont stop the hard work

Well said! :rock

DioramaMaker
03-21-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm interested​ to see what they're gonna do with Gimli. No doubt they are going to need a new body, or a heavily modified Hobbit one at that - but I think we are likely going to get Thorin, because that lets them cash in a second time on the dwarf mold then.

Unless they use a KO Tyrion body...

Sildedaspo
03-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Things I am most excited for in 2017: Asmus' Gimli announcement and the Cleganebowl.

Sildedaspo
03-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Also,
Gimli is going to need a completely new body given that his height and build is so uniquely in between the hobbits and men. He is a thick dude also so I wouldn't doubt him having fat suit. I think part of the reason it has taken so long getting a gimli out would be the cost of producing a gimli body coupled with a lot people's expectation that a smaller figure would have to be less expensive. So the cost/profit margin dwindles a bit.

D..C
03-21-2017, 07:49 PM
I believe Gimli was in the list of the first 5 releases Asmus intended to do but from memory they have said it was the beard and hair that was causing issues so I think the figure should be well in advance in its development. It's sad to see past teething issues always being mentioned when their recent releases are just getting better and better. I'm personally glad it's taking this long to get a Gimli or Legolas and I look forward to adding them to my shelves.

K.bowen
03-22-2017, 01:38 AM
Second question: I have noticed the teenager body has no neck articulation (only head articulation). Saruman, no neck articulation either. The same for Aragorn, and surely for many other figures from the line.

Isn't the lacking neck articulation a plain stupid design decision? This is a franchise were everybody is dressed up to their throats, and never get nacked (no GoT here). Neck articulation + head articulation gives a lot of realism to the figure... Come on... why not using Hot Toys-like bodies??

On top of that, news of these bodies' articulations being weak have cropped up through the years (weird wrist joint mechanism, fragile pegs, weak articulations...).. from what you're implying it sounds like you don't personally own any of these figures, I've had no problems with any of mines bodies whatsoever. And no its not a stupid decision to have no necks just because the necks are part of the bodies doesn't mean there's no articulation.

asgardianboy
03-22-2017, 05:40 AM
No need to own anything to be able to analyze it and criticize it.

The fact that you accept flaws doesn't mean that they don't exist, or that I must accept them too. On top of that, Asmus needs feedback. Even if they don't come here for it, it must go to them, and some of it must be negative. But they are grown-ups. They will survive to that. They may even imiprove their products after that. If everything they get from us is smileys they will go ahead and do their thing. Who knows... they may even be grateful for the heads-ups, don't you think?

My point stands yet: no neck articulation in totally dressed figures does not make any sense. Cost increase is close to nothing these days and we all know just how much realism a neck articulation provides to a figure, so Asmdus really should ask themselves why they did what they did, then explain to us. Why? Because their figures are damn expensive and there shouldn't be any obvious mistakes, or simply any mistakes.

One more thing: even if the necks are sculpted and painted for increased realism, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a neck articulation. They can do all that on a cut neck with ease. Articulation won't ever show, realism won't be hurt.

What does "just because the necks are part of the bodies doesn't mean there's no articulation" mean anyway?

Finally: the fact that a company guy maintains a fluent communication with the very people how buy their products, should be normal. Any company not doing that are XX stuff (that is, almost all of them right now). If we complained often organized as a community asking them to listen to us, Hot Toys and Sideshow would send guys here too, as Asmus does. Incidentally, I guess people at Asmus were so frightened of what they were taken on when they started up with LOTR that they took the wise decision to ask us before pulling the trigger. That's good, even if I am not sure they are really taking the feedback to their hearts: the Asmus representative appears (not very often actually), they leave their stuff here then fly (they very rarely interact fluently), we talk and talk and talk and talk, then they do what they do (and we assume that some of the talk has some impact), sometimes to flawed results as they acknowledge.

So: this is not a very fluent relationship (apart from our money fluidly flowing into their pockets), and if we want it to be more fluent (with Asmus or anybody else), we will have to complain in a organized way, as a community, instead of only talking and talking and talking and talking and talking down here. We should dearly value every penny we spend on our figures, and make manufacturers listen to our feedback in a rigorous way, not just as a casual gift and with little to no impact.

Regards,
m.

. from what you're implying it sounds like you don't personally own any of these figures, I've had no problems with any of mines bodies whatsoever. And no its not a stupid decision to have no necks just because the necks are part of the bodies doesn't mean there's no articulation.

asgardianboy
03-22-2017, 05:58 AM
What does "Creating a mob-like atmosphere" even mean?

"Complaining as a community" has nothing to do with bullying, harassing or whatever you guys are frightened of.

We only hail Asmus. They need to get some complaining from time to time. Floppy articulations, crappy headsculpts, uneven quality, etc need some clear answer (which is not violence and retaliation, but organized, steady complaining).

Acting as a single body, with or without the company guy posting now and then, is no destructive criticism, and I believe it can be enormously productive. You just can't depend on companies being nice to you, which is exactly what you scaredly suggest. Building a vibrant relationship might be difficult, but might also give us the best figures ever, and set a precedent for other companies to follow and eventually become the norm.

We should pray for and hope that our feedback will be incorporated into the production. It should be. It must be. Period.

Finally: I don't know why I must say this, but it seems I should have said it. Here it goes: I like Asmus' stuff. It is the best we have ever got. It is not an easy task what their pulling, both technically and financially, with the movies being so long past.
OK enough? Now let's move on with organized community complaining.

Regards,
m.

asgardianboy
03-22-2017, 06:12 AM
"The tone of your posts is why I think he left for awhile. "

What tone? I can't see anything wrong with expressions such as "demand improvement be made" or "complain together as a community". Instead, I have the impression that you are scared of losing a very little and weak something that right now is a gift from "above", when it should be a natural right for you to freely and completely exercise.

How do you know "my tone" is "why he left"? Can you provide examples supporting your statements by virtue of which organized complaining should be ditched immediately? Even if the company guy got some (maybe deserved?) flak, is it acceptable to just leave and ignore us buyers? Is it something we just must endure and accept? And if he leaves, why can't we address the company itself and talk to them as one single voice? It just takes agreeing on things, then sending emails to the company contact address regularly with our conclusions, and even contact them whenever they pop up on cons around the globe.
Yes we can do all that. It is exactly what I call for.

Regards,
m.

EDIT: added "regularly".

K.bowen
03-22-2017, 06:52 AM
And ill say it again, the asmus figures I own have NECK ARTICULATION they have rubber necks with joints in them

PG1973
03-22-2017, 01:43 PM
All my Asmus figures have articulated necks.

hoodonit00
03-22-2017, 01:53 PM

Wor-Gar
03-22-2017, 09:09 PM
No need to own anything to be able to analyze it and criticize it.

The fact that you accept flaws doesn't mean that they don't exist, or that I must accept them too. On top of that, Asmus needs feedback. Even if they don't come here for it, it must go to them, and some of it must be negative. But they are grown-ups. They will survive to that. They may even imiprove their products after that. If everything they get from us is smileys they will go ahead and do their thing. Who knows... they may even be grateful for the heads-ups, don't you think?

My point stands yet: no neck articulation in totally dressed figures does not make any sense. Cost increase is close to nothing these days and we all know just how much realism a neck articulation provides to a figure, so Asmdus really should ask themselves why they did what they did, then explain to us. Why? Because their figures are damn expensive and there shouldn't be any obvious mistakes, or simply any mistakes.

One more thing: even if the necks are sculpted and painted for increased realism, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a neck articulation. They can do all that on a cut neck with ease. Articulation won't ever show, realism won't be hurt.

What does "just because the necks are part of the bodies doesn't mean there's no articulation" mean anyway?

Finally: the fact that a company guy maintains a fluent communication with the very people how buy their products, should be normal. Any company not doing that are XX stuff (that is, almost all of them right now). If we complained often organized as a community asking them to listen to us, Hot Toys and Sideshow would send guys here too, as Asmus does. Incidentally, I guess people at Asmus were so frightened of what they were taken on when they started up with LOTR that they took the wise decision to ask us before pulling the trigger. That's good, even if I am not sure they are really taking the feedback to their hearts: the Asmus representative appears (not very often actually), they leave their stuff here then fly (they very rarely interact fluently), we talk and talk and talk and talk, then they do what they do (and we assume that some of the talk has some impact), sometimes to flawed results as they acknowledge.

So: this is not a very fluent relationship (apart from our money fluidly flowing into their pockets), and if we want it to be more fluent (with Asmus or anybody else), we will have to complain in a organized way, as a community, instead of only talking and talking and talking and talking and talking down here. We should dearly value every penny we spend on our figures, and make manufacturers listen to our feedback in a rigorous way, not just as a casual gift and with little to no impact.

Regards,
m.

What does "Creating a mob-like atmosphere" even mean?

"Complaining as a community" has nothing to do with bullying, harassing or whatever you guys are frightened of.

We only hail Asmus. They need to get some complaining from time to time. Floppy articulations, crappy headsculpts, uneven quality, etc need some clear answer (which is not violence and retaliation, but organized, steady complaining).

Acting as a single body, with or without the company guy posting now and then, is no destructive criticism, and I believe it can be enormously productive. You just can't depend on companies being nice to you, which is exactly what you scaredly suggest. Building a vibrant relationship might be difficult, but might also give us the best figures ever, and set a precedent for other companies to follow and eventually become the norm.

We should pray for and hope that our feedback will be incorporated into the production. It should be. It must be. Period.

Finally: I don't know why I must say this, but it seems I should have said it. Here it goes: I like Asmus' stuff. It is the best we have ever got. It is not an easy task what their pulling, both technically and financially, with the movies being so long past.
OK enough? Now let's move on with organized community complaining.

Regards,
m.

"The tone of your posts is why I think he left for awhile. "

What tone? I can't see anything wrong with expressions such as "demand improvement be made" or "complain together as a community". Instead, I have the impression that you are scared of losing a very little and weak something that right now is a gift from "above", when it should be a natural right for you to freely and completely exercise.

How do you know "my tone" is "why he left"? Can you provide examples supporting your statements by virtue of which organized complaining should be ditched immediately? Even if the company guy got some (maybe deserved?) flak, is it acceptable to just leave and ignore us buyers? Is it something we just must endure and accept? And if he leaves, why can't we address the company itself and talk to them as one single voice? It just takes agreeing on things, then sending emails to the company contact address regularly with our conclusions, and even contact them whenever they pop up on cons around the globe.
Yes we can do all that. It is exactly what I call for.

Regards,
m.

EDIT: added "regularly".

:dunno

Thainitty
03-23-2017, 08:30 PM
:slap this is why we can't have nice things

Sildedaspo
03-23-2017, 09:00 PM
... gimli?

WellCQCaboutthat
03-24-2017, 02:52 AM
Asgardianboy, did you write the bible? I think he was born the ramblin' man. As a lurker, this is my first contribution.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TripleCP
03-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Hopefully we'll see Gimli this year. He was probably delayed in part because Asmus is now choosing sculpted vs. rooted hair on a case by case basis, whereas I'm pretty sure I remember that their initial inclination was to stick with sculpted all the way. The other factor is that finishing the dwarf body became a secondary concern once it became clear that characters from "The Hobbit" weren't in high demand. It sounds like Thorin may be the only other dwarf that's even under consideration, which is too bad since I definitely would've bought Dwalin, Dain, and several others.

Malgus
04-02-2017, 12:14 PM
I would be interested in a sauron.

The Ween
05-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Asmus, I was wondering if you were planning to revisit the Lord of the Rings horses. I would love Brego, Arod, Shadowfax and Bill the Pony. They wouldn't have to be jointed. Actually I prefer they weren't and maybe on some kind of base so you could put the figures on them.

Bill the Pony would be great with all his tack and supplies. Would fit in with the rest of the Fellowship. :)

darkeyes
06-01-2017, 06:14 AM
Not sure if it had been asked before, but any chance we might someday see a J.R.R. Tolkien figure?

hoodonit00
06-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Not sure if it had been asked before, but any chance we might someday see a J.R.R. Tolkien figure?

IMO it would be a shelf warmer. I for one have zero interest.

TripleCP
06-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Even if there was sufficient demand for a Tolkien figure (and I doubt that's the case), the author's son and manager of his estate is not a fan of the films and would not let that happen. Peter Jackson's cameo an Umbar Corsair would have a better chance as a small run figure, but even that would be very unlikely.

PopCultKid
06-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Maybe Asmus or someone else can answer this. I asked a couple times in the Aragorn thread but didn't get a response.

Did Aragorn have a COA or was numbered in any way? I received one brand new recently and was just making sure I wasn't missing anything.

Bravomite
06-01-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't think I received a COA with Aragorn. The Merry & Pippin set and Gothmog were definitely numbered though. I can't remember the rest of the top of my head.

Bucky Underbelly
06-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Yeah, some were numbered, some weren't. Don't remember which were which. Unfortunately, all my boxes are in storage.

PopCultKid
06-01-2017, 11:50 AM
I was just wondering specifically about Aragorn, because it seems that most other sets are numbered in some way. I know all 4 Hobbits & Slim Saruman are numbed on the inner art insert, and the Nazgul had unnumbered COA's.

Aragorn's inner art insert isn't numbered, but I was checking to see if I was missing a COA if he was supposed to include one

Bucky Underbelly
06-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I don't think there was a separate COA. I think the hand-numbering was intended to count as a kind of COA for the figures they numbered.

If I think of it I'll check tonight to see if my Aragorn box is still in my house or off at the storage unit. If it's at the house, I'll take a peek and let you know.

PopCultKid
06-01-2017, 12:15 PM
I don't think there was a separate COA. I think the hand-numbering was intended to count as a kind of COA for the figures they numbered.

If I think of it I'll check tonight to see if my Aragorn box is still in my house or off at the storage unit. If it's at the house, I'll take a peek and let you know.

Thanks brother :hi5: Don't go crazy or out of your way though. I'm sure Asmus or someone else can confirm

Rydeck
06-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Question for Asmus: How long does your 1/6 LOTR license last (assuming that isn't confidential business information)? I seem to recall there being questions about whether you'd get around to the entire Fellowship within the time-frame of the license---two years sticks in my head, but I think it's been longer than that since your first LOTR figure.

And while I gather that we will be getting the whole Fellowship, given that only Boromir and Gimli remain for Asmus to solicit pre-orders, I was also curious how long we can expect to be getting LOTR figures as there are a number of non-Fellowship figures on my wishlist: Faramir, Theoden, Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, etc.

MaxGoof
06-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Question for Asmus: When you do Bilbo, are you thinking of old Bilbo, young Bilbo, or both?

Matner77
06-05-2017, 09:58 AM
I'd snap up old Bilbo like a shot. I'm not heading into the Hobbit range at this time personally.

Cammo
06-25-2017, 07:23 AM
I didn't know where to put this so and I know this is the LotR thread but anway:

- Asmus Toys, is there any chance of revisiting/ making a new Ace Ventura 2.0 figure (or a Jim Carrey Riddler) like you did with The Mask?

- Are there any new licenses being announced this year?

Thainitty
06-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Asmus, to piggyback off Cammo's question, would there ever be a possibility of another musashi from vagabond release? I missed that figure and it's really hard to find. Thanks asmus

Cammo
07-06-2017, 05:23 AM
Is Asmus Collectible Toys attending San Diego Comic Con?

Bucky Underbelly
07-06-2017, 07:40 AM
I believe they said they would be displaying some stuff at Diamond Select's booth, if I'm not mistaken. (Could be mis-remembering that, though!)

Travis Baumann
07-06-2017, 07:47 AM
That is what they said when I asked. Diamond Select have a super ****** display though. They use horrible lighting, set things up hap-hazard, and have weird cases that are hard to see into as well. Top that off, a lot of the cool stuff ends up on ground level which is really hard to crouch down and see, especially with people knocking into you with giant bags of junk and strollers that are not supposed to be in the hall.

I am going, looking forward to whatever they have to show.

HTHero
08-10-2017, 01:00 AM
Hey Amus, will you be releasing a SLIM version of Gandalf the Grey?

zombieshane
11-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Is Thorin still a possibility?

Asmus
11-07-2017, 06:42 AM
guys, sorry about missing this thread...

Just answering the latest question quick..

1. Our license duration is solid, we are still in plan to make more LOTR figures.

2. Bilno and Thorin will come together around May 2018. Both have the heads sculpts ready, just waiting to complete.

3. Yes to slim version Gandalf the Grey, with sculpted hair (the original one)

warlock664
11-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Fantastic news Asmus!
How about Lurtz, or other Uruk-Hai?

Travis Baumann
11-07-2017, 08:06 AM

1. Our license duration is solid, we are still in plan to make more LOTR figures.

2. Bilno and Thorin will come together around May 2018. Both have the heads sculpts ready, just waiting to complete.

This is all really good news. Cant wait for updates on Gimli and more Orks!

xequae
11-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Any news on an updated Gandalf the White head or finishing up the Build an Orc figure??

superdoug
11-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Wow! Fantastic news!

zombieshane
11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Will Thorin and Bilbo be in there An Unexpected Journey outfits? Also, is Azog still a possibility?

Bucky Underbelly
11-07-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the Hobbit films, but I will totally buy Bilbo and Thorin. (And Dwalin and Balin, too, but that's probably a long shot.)

Really hoping for Azog and Bolg, too. Really like the character designs.

denrep-lilium
11-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Will there be extension packs for those who want to upgrade? I would also suggest making this sculpt in two versions: sculpted and haired. Because some already have several haired or sculpted figures to keep them in one style (except Legolas). Thanks.

Are there any elf girls in plans?

Stryker2011
11-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Hello, Asmus

That’s great news! But here’s another question: Will we ever get Galadriel and Arwen? It would be great if we could round out the last of the female characters.

Sildedaspo
11-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Galadriel is a character I want almost as much as Sauron.

Thainitty
11-07-2017, 04:41 PM
This is great news! My body is ready for more figures asmus :love

matt3223
11-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Fantastic news....orcs? Azo? I know it's a stretch but dain IRon foot......

Sildedaspo
11-07-2017, 05:45 PM
I would slaughter for a Dain Ironfoot. I don’t think I’m alone in being willing to pay 300 for a total package complete with his war pig mount.

Giimli86
11-08-2017, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the answers Asmus.
When can we expect the most badass dwarf Gimli to be released? We haven't heard anything about him since mid-July, which was like 4 months ago already.

Rzeznikk
11-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Are there plans to do other versions of the heroes? Example:

Gondor Aragorn

Orc Armor Frodo/Sam

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

matt3223
11-08-2017, 12:45 PM
I would slaughter for a Dain Ironfoot. I don’t think I’m alone in being willing to pay 300 for a total package complete with his war pig mount.

Right I think that would be an amazing figure.....I'm still holding out hope for a thranduil elk

ChibiSchmoo
11-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Looking forward to all these announcements! Glad to move on past the Fellowship nine.

TheWordWizard
11-09-2017, 06:22 PM
I'll add my voice to wanting a Galadriel. She's probably my most wanted figure after the Fellowship!

Star Puffs
11-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Arwen on Asfaloth is one of my most desired 1:6 figures.

I even am buying an extra Frodo just in case.

denrep-lilium
11-10-2017, 08:09 AM
I'll add my voice to wanting a Galadriel. She's probably my most wanted figure after the Fellowship!

Arwen on Asfaloth is one of my most desired 1:6 figures.

I even am buying an extra Frodo just in case.

I would double both comments. Galadriel is the lady of sunlight and Arwen is a lady of moonlight, they complement each other and represent a complete idea of elvish maidenhood.

Matner77
11-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Most wanted after the Fellowship are old Bilbo and Theoden in armour

huntethan2
11-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Shouldn't a Gollum be at the top of Asmus list after the fellowship is done given his relevance? Can't remember if has been already announced/discussed before.

murdomac
12-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Any hope of a Thranduil 'Slim' release? and any update on the Gandalf slim release? thanks.

superdoug
12-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Shouldn't a Gollum be at the top of Asmus list after the fellowship is done given his relevance? Can't remember if has been already announced/discussed before.

He might not be simply because of all the exposed joints. NECA did a great job on a 1/8th one but to get something like that there would not be a lot of reuse for the body. Although they would not have to spend much on an outfit. For accessories maybe an extra headsculpt so we can get Sméagol and Gollum and a dead fish.

Bucky Underbelly
12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
They've mentioned in previous threads that they're keen to do Gollum/Smeagol, but he's not in the pipeline anytime soon, as far as we've heard.

warlock664
12-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Dear Asmus, why haven't I received my replacement Nazgul body?
For that matter, why haven't I received my Aragorn Expansion pack?:impatient:

solominic_knight
12-07-2017, 10:50 PM
I gave up on the Nazgul body, been over a year and they stopped responding to emails and messages on fb

denrep-lilium
12-08-2017, 02:15 AM
They've mentioned in previous threads that they're keen to do Gollum/Smeagol, but he's not in the pipeline anytime soon, as far as we've heard.

I really want Gollum and elf girls :)
Hope they will make some announcements soon. Their hairing has improved and likeness is growing too, so that gives some hope for more amazing figures from LOTR.

Kalkylen
12-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Boromir in Gondorian armour please... ;)

FlyAndFight
12-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Boromir in Gondorian armour please... ;)

"For Gondor!"

Would love that version as well.

WolfBoy
12-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Any Galadriel opportunities at some point?

The Ween
12-13-2017, 05:19 PM
We need a Bill the pony to go with the Fellowship!

Wor-Gar
12-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Posting this here also in hopes Asmus reads it:

Has anyone been able to reach Asmus (Andy or George) via PMs here?

They used to respond very quickly and with great help, but I've reached out to them a few times over several months now and have not heard a word back. Very unusual.

Backstory: In June, I had inquired early on about the Aragorn head that sold out immediately and George said they would have extras and to contact Rola to have once set aside. I did that, no word back from Rola, so after a month or so I followed up here with a PM to George and got no response. I let it go until the heads started shipping and then checked in again to remind them that Rola had never responded, and still no word back. Just sent a PM again last night when I saw Asmus on, and again no word back.

After 4 messages with no response, I do take it personally.

TheWordWizard
12-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Any Galadriel opportunities at some point?
I really hope so! She'd be an instant pre-order for me!

FlyAndFight
12-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Wor-Gar, I've had pretty good luck contacting them via their website. Rola has been great in helping out with an accidental duplicate order and with the issue with Pippin's floppy body. She usually replied within a day or two.

Wor-Gar
12-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Wor-Gar, I've had pretty good luck contacting them via their website. Rola has been great in helping out with an accidental duplicate order and with the issue with Pippin's floppy body. She usually replied within a day or two.

I guess I'll try her again. Thanks.

Asmus
12-21-2017, 08:26 PM
I guess I'll try her again. Thanks.

sorry Wor-Gar
I have passed the message to her,
I am sure she will reply you in no time.

My apology to your trouble

xequae
12-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Asmus, are you planning to offer the rooted hair Boromir head a seperate purchase? I orderd the sculpted hair version, but would like to have both heads.

Wor-Gar
12-21-2017, 10:08 PM
sorry Wor-Gar
I have passed the message to her,
I am sure she will reply you in no time.

My apology to your trouble

There you are. Thank you for the response. Sorry I had to post it here but as you can see I was having no luck with the usual PM method.

I'll keep an eye out for Rola's email, thank you.

Asmus
12-22-2017, 12:21 AM
Asmus, are you planning to offer the rooted hair Boromir head a seperate purchase? I orderd the sculpted hair version, but would like to have both heads.

No, sorry... it was too much work.
financially unpractical.

Bucky Underbelly
12-22-2017, 12:48 AM
Asmus, have you sent out all the Aragorn neck pegs? I know there was an issue of some people's packages being torn open by mail sorting machines. I sent an e-mail asking for one through your website but never heard anything back. I haven't received any neck peg. Any updates? (I'd be happy to pay for shipping.)

xequae
12-22-2017, 07:59 AM
No, sorry... it was too much work.
financially unpractical.

Thanks for the update!

darkeyes
12-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Will Gimli be displayed at the Taipei Movie and Toys Convention?

denrep-lilium
01-22-2018, 10:20 AM

2. Bilbo and Thorin will come together around May 2018. Both have the heads sculpts ready, just waiting to complete.

On top of that we have Gimli almost announced. I remember some talks about Sauron and possibly Lurtz.

Are you planning to produce Gollum/Smeagol? Any hope for The Hobbit Sauron battle Galadriel, or LOTR rider-Arwen?
Is Gandalf the White alternative sculpt left for good?
Any more plans for 2018, except what you've mentioned?
Please let us know.

ladyshanz
01-22-2018, 04:39 PM
On top of that we have Gimli almost announced. I remember some talks about Sauron and possibly Lurtz.

Are you planning to produce Gollum/Smeagol? Any hope for The Hobbit Sauron battle Galadriel, or LOTR rider-Arwen?
Please let us know.

I am most eager for Arwen. Chase outfit, or coronation with her flag, would be great.

Asmus
01-24-2018, 08:25 PM

Please let us know.

So far we have
Gimli near ready to announce,

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

this should cover the first half of 2018.

oh, and Eomer

Sildedaspo
01-24-2018, 08:27 PM
Yes! Excited about Eomer!
That's a nice little surprise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ladyshanz
01-24-2018, 08:53 PM
So far we have

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

oh, and Eomer

I am beyond excited for Arwen. :blissy

denrep-lilium
01-25-2018, 03:09 AM
So far we have

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

oh, and Eomer
Wow, that's 4-5 figures in coming months. Quite busy schedule it seems.

How could I forget of the teased Eomer sculpt?:slap
Glad Arwen is happening.:yess: Thank you.
Could you share at least your thoughts (if it is reasonable to produce, in long run plan, actually in line for developing this year etc.), if not official plans for these:

Are you planning to produce Gollum/Smeagol? Any hope for Galadriel? Is Gandalf the White alternative sculpt left for good??

warlock664
01-25-2018, 04:10 AM
LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtzLurtz LurtzLurtz

Bravomite
01-25-2018, 04:57 AM
So far we have

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

oh, and Eomer
That's an awesome line up but please don't forget Lurtz, Faramir and dear little Sméagol

murdomac
01-25-2018, 06:55 AM
I think you should try and get an Helms Deep elven archer in there as well, would be an awesome figure.

xequae
01-25-2018, 06:56 AM
Great news!! Can't wait to see these figures.

superdoug
01-25-2018, 07:26 AM
So far we have

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

oh, and Eomer

Great news! Anything on possibly making a Theoden or Faramir? Also anything on the Uruk Hai? Thanks!

Bucky Underbelly
01-25-2018, 09:00 AM
With Arwen and Eomer on the list, that's two figures that could (and probably should) include horses. Asmus, is there any chance you might make any changes to the horse designs? (Like maybe eliminating the leg articulation, for instance? Just my suggestion.)

That's a great list and I can't wait to see Gimli!

Thank you again!

FlyAndFight
01-25-2018, 01:26 PM
I want Gandalf's horse and cart with fireworks!

Where is that one hiding?

darkeyes
01-25-2018, 08:42 PM
Very nice, I will be getting Gimli and Arwen. Was it mentioned which Bilbo? I will get the LOTR version for sure.

Matner77
01-26-2018, 06:43 AM
Certain Asmus have shown the prototype head for Martin Freeman Bilbo. Personally would love Ian Holm version

RIDDICK
01-26-2018, 06:55 AM
oh, and Eomer

:yess::yess::yess::yess:

Cammo
01-26-2018, 08:48 AM
So far we have

Arwin in progress.
Bilbo and Thorin,

oh, and Eomer

I assume the Gandalf 2.0 headsculpt is in the pipeline for Q1-Q2 as well?