Best Batman Stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistermadhouse

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd create a thread dedicated to discussing our favorite Batman comics and graphic novels. Now I'm sure we all love titles like Year One, Dark Knight Returns, and The Long Halloween, but I'm interested in finding some gems that perhaps are more obscure.

I just finished reading 'Batman and the Monster Men' and 'Batman and the Mad Monk'.
Monster Men is okay if you like Hugo Strange but the sequel Mad Monk is really great, especially the art.

Also reading The Black Mirror but it's hard to get into **** Grayson as Batman. Just my opinion though. Snyder can still write Batman like no other!

I love both Mad Monk and Monster Men. Really great reads and fairly different to what is normally done in modern(ish) Batman stories. I loved Black Mirror though, it was a great story and Grayson was brilliant as Batman. Damian and Grayson made a great pair.

One of my favourites is Nine Lives. A Elseworlds story but a really great and underrated one.

Thought I'd create a thread dedicated to discussing our favorite Batman comics and graphic novels. Now I'm sure we all love titles like Year One, Dark Knight Returns, and The Long Halloween, but I'm interested in finding some gems that perhaps are more obscure.

I just finished reading 'Batman and the Monster Men' and 'Batman and the Mad Monk'.
Monster Men is okay if you like Hugo Strange but the sequel Mad Monk is really great, especially the art.

Also reading The Black Mirror but it's hard to get into **** Grayson as Batman. Just my opinion though. Snyder can still write Batman like no other!

I love both Mad Monk and Monster Men. Really great reads and fairly different to what is normally done in modern(ish) Batman stories. I loved Black Mirror though, it was a great story and Grayson was brilliant as Batman. Damian and Grayson made a great pair.

One of my favourites is Nine Lives. A Elseworlds story but a really great and underrated one.

:goodpost::goodpost:

Hmmmm never read Mad Monk or Monster Men....looks like i'm adding some trades to the pull list. Thanks for the info guys :hi5:

Speaking of Court of Owls, just picked this up today!

BM_COW-Book_Mask_kj14yct30p_.jpg

Yes The Long Halloween is my favorite Batman story as well. Especially love Tim Sale's design of Catwoman.

:goodpost::goodpost:

Hmmmm never read Mad Monk or Monster Men....looks like i'm adding some trades to the pull list. Thanks for the info guys :hi5:

No problem :hi5: they're not groundbreaking classics like year one and TDKR but they're good little gothic mysteries. They're actually remakes of some very early batman stories, from 1939 or 1940. I think Monster Men might have actually been the first Batman comic, or at least one of them.

I really enjoyed Gotham After Midnight when it came out a few years ago. Love Snyder's Court Of Owls.

I've been meaning to re read Gotham After Midnight. I have the trade but I remember being disappointed with it. Will have to re read it and see what I think now. Court of Owls though, like many others have said, is fantastic.

Speaking of Court of Owls, just picked this up today!

BM_COW-Book_Mask_kj14yct30p_.jpg

I have that on pre order. I have all the single issues of Snyder's run and was waiting for a complete collection of the Court of Owls but this seemed too cool to pass up. Although it really seems like something that should have come with a complete Court of Owls book. Maybe even an Absolute Edition.

Hush is amazing even with its predictable ending. Jim Lee really hit it out of the park on every page.

It's been a long time but I remember really liking Legends of the Dark Knight, first issues 1-5, 6-10. Every 5 issues was it's own story from what I remember. Recently, Court of Owls was great.

It's been a long time but I remember really liking Legends of the Dark Knight, first issues 1-5, 6-10. Every 5 issues was it's own story from what I remember. Recently, Court of Owls was great.

Legends of the Dark Knight started out great. The first few story arcs, Shaman, Gothic, Prey, Venom, were all fantastic.

Back