The Joker's Truck - a custom 1/6 project - just beginning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
You all know I love TDK and especially the scenes around the truck chase.
The truck itself is epic and it's Joker's appropriate vehicle, so since I made the concept for my custom street diorama this plan developed.

This is a first partial draft I repainted from reference pics for the trailer's typical painting:

bm8t.jpg

But the truck isn't only epic, it's also big even in 1/6 and it's complex so it'll be a long long way to build this one of a kind model and I'll probably really start this project next year but to have some anticipation and reminder I started with the first part already the 1/6 front license plate, all details are completely repainted from scratch:

x5iq.jpg

By the way, there were at least two trucks used in the movie, one for the actual chase scene and one for the flip, but both had different numbers on the license plate.

Will post all progress in this thread.
Hope you like it and lmk what you think!

Last edited:
Re: Custom 1/6 Hyams Truck - just beginning

Wait.....you will make 1:6 TRUCK?! Really...whole truck?!

(...)

:lol Yes man, I think one has to be a little mad to do so. I want to make this beast to add it to a diorama with the wip street lamps in the background and things like that.

(...)
d0ql.jpg

(...)

I'll most likely start building the trailer first when I finished other stuff next year. Once I need a break from the other stuff I'll work on the concept and post the progress already.

Last edited:

...I'll most likely start building the trailer first when I finished other stuff next year. Once I need a break from the other stuff I'll post the concept progress here already.
Like what? Like build a house for diorama with 1:6 track? :D

Like what? Like build a house for diorama with 1:6 track? :D

:rotfl :hi5: Actually I wouldn't even know exacly where to put this when finished but that's another problem to be solved when it get's that far.

Well...not to bed, because that will be longer than your bed :D Maybe you can put it in garage :D Right place for it :D

Already see the news: "Man driving to work in custom "miniature" truck."

No, I hope I'll find a smart way to integrate it in or on a custom furniture construction I'll probably have to build for this,
probably the first thing in my collection that I'll not be able to protect from dust but at least the Joker could take a protected seat inside. :lol

Last edited:
Re: Custom 1/6 'Hyams 18 Wheeler' - just beginning

Thanks to Hydeous for moving the thread into the correct section. :hi5:

Just updated the pic of the Truck's license plate.

holy cow a whole truck! can't wait to see this man!

Thanks man! Have to work through about 60 reference pics I found (still need some more) to make the plans but once I have done that, I'll make a simple scale model to get a better feeling and I'll post some pics for sure!

Will definitely start with the trailer, which will be made mostly of thin aluminum sheet on a frame construction.

The whole thing will probably not be a functional model, I see it as a kind of giant diorama pice and I will probably mount it on a strurdy base, maybe in this position:

12%20Batman%20Dark%20Knight.jpg

Source: https://www.cinectuel.fr/2013_01_01_archive.html

Ideas and thoughts are welcome!

I had the idea back of making just the trailer part for a Joker background.

kinda like this:

batmantruck.jpg

but with Joker sticking out of it.

However, to make the actually truck + trailer in 1:6???? You are a king Pirate!

I'd love a liquid nitrogen tanker from T2. The trailer-less one from earlier in the film during the canal chase would be more plausible though.

I had the idea back of making just the trailer part for a Joker background.

kinda like this:

batmantruck.jpg

but with Joker sticking out of it.

However, to make the actually truck + trailer in 1:6???? You are a king Pirate!

Thanks man! Thought about some kind of partial version in between, too but I love all parts of the truck's setup and wanna see how this turns out.
Though I "fear" all the small parts will probaly make the most of the work.

The Truck is a king buddy, I'm just a fanboy trying to improve some skills and build up my favourite movie's dio. :)

I'd love a liquid nitrogen tanker from T2. The trailer-less one from earlier in the film during the canal chase would be more plausible though.

Both would be super-cool! :rock

truck.jpg

Source: https://www.theterminatorfans.com/interview-with-legendary-terminator-stuntman-peter-kent/

Last edited:

There wasn't really time for this project the last weeks but I'm happy to show you the very first parts:

uyob.jpg

Also got my hands on good plans to start builing the trucks bodywork in a while already, I'll just have to convert them all to 1/6 scale.

Think I'll go for a combination of polystyrene boards and polyresin for the basic bodywork and 3d printing for detail parts that I can't find.
The frame will be made of square profiles, possible aluminum.
Will have a lot of trial and error for sure. :lol

Good luck, may be you can look up the scale truck's that are big on the continent, especially Germany.

Good luck, may be you can look up the scale truck's that are big on the continent, especially Germany.

Thanks man :hi5:, there are some really cool and big truck models out there,
sadly most parts to find are 1/8 or 1/5 :gah: but that makes it more challenging.

Last edited:

this should be epic in every sense!

Back