Avengers comic help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageHULK

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've stocked up some avengers omnibus/hardcovers and was wondering what order I should read the in.

So I've read the following:

Brubaker Cap Run, all 3 omnibus'
Pak Hulk run, Planet Hulk through WWHulks
Straczyski Thor Omnibus
Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus Vol.1 (supposedly a vol.2 in the works)
and the New a men omnibus

What I have waiting:
Civil War omnibus/hc
The New Avengers omnibus vol 1
Age of Ultron Hard cover that just released

Wondering what my reading order should look like on those remaining books, and if I should pick up some more for continuity sake. ( etc mighty avengers and dark avengers omnibus')

I got civil war because it was mentioned in cap omnibus, so I'm assuming it comes first. Then I got new avengers because I was told it's pretty captain America focused. I'm fine with branching out to new Heros, but my main favorite are those who are in the avengers movie. ( cap and hulk mostly, but Thor omnibus was cool, so I'd consider ironman omnibus too)

I like more modern comic art and writing. I've tried but the older stuff I lose interest in.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome, thanks guys

Although I am not familiar with many of the storylines, I have read some of the issues contained in these collections. For timeline sake (and your mind's sanity) read them as follow:

New Avengers Omnibus
Civil War
Age of Ultron

As far as I know, the New Avengers omnibus contains material from vol. 1 and some crossover material with Civil War and others. One great thing about omnibuses is that if supplemental reading is required, the books will let you know between issues. So having the Civil War HC will come in handy. Age of ultron is newer, so you should leave it for last.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The best Avenger stuff is the old stuff
:exactly:

Hear, hear. Love the new stuff as well, but in my humble opinion you cannot beat the silver/bronze age classics.
You should really look into the Masterworks. Volume 13 is out now which is up to issue 128 of the original run.

Why is "the ultimates" omnibus so expensive online?

Also, a lot of people I know like the ultimate captain America. What do I need to read to get all the info about ultimate cap?

Just read it all...cant go wrong...only deepens your knowledge. Take your time and enjoy. There is no rush.

I have an enormous reading list, issue by issue if you want me to send you that :) if anything you can start the ultimate Spidey omnibus first since that s a different universe. My reading list starts from Avengers Disassembled all the way up to All-New MRvel NOW. The reading order can get very very hairy in the events though, assuming you want to read the main storyline as well as the tie ins in the correct order.

I didn't even realise there was a Civil War omnibus?

It doesn't have an official omnibus yet. They did release 7 OHCs making up the event. The Spider-Man and Underside volumes fetch quite a bit being OOP. The rest are getting close, but should still be readily available.

Back