Seriously considering cancelling my Jabba etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just looking at the order and realizing that by the time I pay US
funds, shipping and duties it could be over 500.00 Canadian. I just
can't afford something like this just after the holidays.
If I do decide to cancel I will be cancelling Bib and Leia Boussh as well.
I will let you know later if I do cancel, I am sure some wait listers will
be happy if I do.

Rebel Commandos will be cancelled as well.
I have cut back or my family will get IOU's for
Xmas.

I would see if you can buy it locally, I know some Canadian Online retailers will carry the Jabba set. Possibly even your local comic/collectible shop might be bringing some in, sure it won't be the exclusive one but all you miss out on is a cup and you could save a lot not buying direct. Jabba is too sweet of a piece to pass on in my opinion.

I know I will regret it later down the road if I do cancel
but even if I buy it up here it will be expensive because
the seller will have to reflect exchange and shipping
he gets charged in the price. I will look around first
before I decide to cancel.

It really sucks when the shipping and broker fees have to play such a major part of having to cancel an item.

I was checking out cmdstore.com which is a Canadian online
retailer and they are offering Jabba at 119.95 but that is US and
there is no throne. I would not buy Jabba without the throne.
They have Salscious crumb, Bib and Leia. Non of the items are
exclusives.

I have a very good feeling this will be delayed until at least March. That may help some with the hurt of Christmas.

Do yourself a favor and don't cancel until you have to. It's not costing you anything to have it on order right now, so wait and see how the situation is when it's getting ready to ship.

Darth Loki said:
..Do yourself a favor and don't cancel until you have to. It's not costing you anything to have it on order right now, so wait and see how the situation is when it's getting ready to ship.
That is some sage advice Loki... I am prolly gonna cancel too but I figure I will wait till I KNOW I can't afford - not when I THINK I can't afford him. ;)

Darth Loki said:
I have a very good feeling this will be delayed until at least March. That may help some with the hurt of Christmas.

Do yourself a favor and don't cancel until you have to. It's not costing you anything to have it on order right now, so wait and see how the situation is when it's getting ready to ship.

I agree with pixel, Darth Loki. Good advice.
I will wait. You never know I might win the lottery.

I hear what you're saying dr2red...I'm also in Canada, an it's costing a small fortune just to get these exclusives into the country (with shipping and duties)...Plus I know that early 2007 will be hefty with 3 more HT ALIENS 12" figs, a couple LOTR 12'' figs, a few more SW 12" figs (including Darth Maul and Droid pack!), the Jabba set (w/ throne and creature pack) and my FIRST SW PF, Boba Fett...all due between Jan. and April of next year!...I really like this Jabba, I really do, but I'll cancel him before cancelling the Fett PF...Right now it's all on pre-order and will stay on pre-order until I know FOR SURE I can't afford him...then and ONLY then, would I cancel!

I didn't bother with the Rebel Commandos, so I don't have to worry about those!

Move to America!!!!!!!!!

Might as well. I mean Canada will become the 51st State of America soon anyways.

Don't cancel your order until you get the processing e-mail from Sideshow saying that the item is 20-30 days from arriving at the warehouse. That way you will know when to expect your card will be charged and still have time to cancel your order if you decide. I just received notification that my Alien Warrior was about 15 days from arrival the same time as my ED-209 and I just could not afford to pay for both in the same month so I had to cancel my Alien :monkey2 but there is no way in hell I was cancelling my ED-209 which is completely sold out. Sorry Wait Listers but he will be mine!

Don't cancel until you get that 20-25 day email or even the 5 day email. I learned the hard way. I canceled my exclusive Kurgan figure before he was released thinking I could still reorder him if I had the money, but he sold out. I got on the wait list immediately, but it never came through. Moral of the story is don't cancel until the very last minute you absoultely have to.

Plus I have seen the Jabba piece at SDCC and I would not want to cancel this thing unless I absoultely had to. I saw every PF and bust and statue at the con and this was the most awesome thing there (and there was a LOT of cool stuff there).

I'm seriously considering canceling the whole thing as well. I think I'm not real jazzed about buying what amounts to a 1/6 statue. I think its an awesome piece, but I could maybe buy something I'd like more for the money. But I'll most likely wait till its closer to shipping to make my final decision :monkey3

Yes, waiting is your best bet, you just might win the lottery :chew ! But I really do suggest asking your local comic/collectible store if they plan on bringing in the Jabba set. I know I have cancelled a lot of my exclusive orders and bought them from a local dealer at a lower price. 35-40 dollars shipping fees/brokerage fees per figure from buying direct from SS really kills the collecting budget rather quickly:monkey2 :monkey2 :( :( I wish SS would find a cheaper alternative for Canadians, were in North America after all...:D

sebcanadaceo said:
The day that happens (as if), 95% of Canadians will move to Australia!

:emperor

As long as the French/Canadians are in that 95%, no problem. :D

I'll probably have to cancel mine, unless ofcourse I win the contest at 60secvideo.com, so everyone go vote for my movie Sock High. It's the one with the sock puppets snorting lines of foot powder. :chew

I think if your SS or SW collection is primarily 1/6 scale, you MUST get Jabba. He'll really class up the whole line.

If you're more into PF but dabble in 1/6 scale, then save the cash for something PF. :D

EVILFACE said:
Move to America!!!!!!!!!

Might as well. I mean Canada will become the 51st State of America soon anyways.
Don't take this the wrong way but I would fight to the death
to remain Canadian. I love my American friends:flag, and I have
lots of them but I am a Canadian Born and Bred and want to
stay that way. I don't know the smilie for Hugs and Kisses but
I will do it with words. I am a girl so it's okay!!!
:winkpumpk

Back