hot toys t-1000 terminator question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megofan

Freakalicious
Reaction score
so, i recently bought the robert patrick hot toys t-1000 and needless to say, it kicks ***. i have him in the regular police outfit, but would like to use the extra head, hands and motorcycle cop outfit to put together another figure. i'm thinking of buying a hot toys truetype buck from the gohastings.com site. my question:

should i get the regular true-type or the slim truetype?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

im not sure but i think its the slim true type. if you get anything thicker clothes wont fit. or hinder articulation.

slim truetype would be the better choice out of the ones on gohastings website, however, the actual figure used a Narrow TT

EDIT: Kara beat me too it

Yeah, you could go with the Slim, but the clothes will be baggy. The Slim is essentially a teenager's body in relation to the others, though it works for some thin actors like Johnny Depp.

I got 2 slim bodies for the T-1000 recently. He needs a little padding underneath, I've used bubblewrap on his torso, his upper arms and his legs. He also, I soon discovered, needs long (T-800) footpegs as that body is shorter.

In actual fact with normal short footpegs he looks accurately proportioned to my eyes with slightly shorter legs. However for consistency sake with the T-1000 that's on the stock body you'd want the longer pegs.

Another thing about the slim body is the head sits a little lower, but not unnaturally so. In fact it corrects a kind of giraffe neck problem most notable if you're using the split head or donut head.

thanks for everyone's thoughts. just to clarify:

*slim truetype isn't quite the right size and there's a problem with the footpegs

* true narrow truetype is insanely expensive on ebay

* the auction listed above for a similar body isn't hot toys, but is of acceptable quality?

thanks....

The T-1000 is a narrow shoulder TT with Slim forearms. The slim forearms allow for the hooks to slip over the shirt and wrists. If you are not going to use any of the hooks a bootleg Narrow TT from eBay is the way to go, and they're every single bit as good as the HT version.

Back