• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

OT: eBay Shipping Preference to Dormitory?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joogle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi - I know this is slightly off topic, but wanted to ask whether shipping via USPS with signature is better option in terms of protection or Fedex to a buyer who lives in a University Dorm?

Thanks

Really going to depend on the dorm, when I was in college we had a mail service in the dorm so all packages were signed by an employee and kept secure until you came down to pick it up. It might not really matter depending on how their dorm is setup. I would just ask them what they prefer.

Don't use fedex!
Fedex left boxes for me at my door, ignoring the required signature, while the USPS ALWAYS asked for it if the shipper requested one.

ugh - i decided to use Fedex as the buyer said they had a poor experience with USPS . I did cover the insurance to the fullest cost and then did require 'Direct' signature. hopefully all is well. thanks

Back