Living Legend Hayao Miyazaki retires after 11 films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=825629

One of the greatest filmmakers of all time. A true visionary.

I count Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind as four of the greatest films, animated or otherwise, ever made. I look forward to seeing The Wind Rises. Hopefully it gets a proper release stateside.

I heard this yesterday. It's sad to hear, but he made some great films that we can continue to enjoy. The man is a legend.

I'm sure he'll be missed, by fans and the industry alike. For limited releases (compared to most American movies) his films made box office gold. I'm kind of surprised, I always assumed he'd die making his next film. The Wind Rises has dominated the Japan box office since its release, congrats to the man for going out on top. :clap

Princess Monoke was the film that turned me into an Anime fan the man should be given a Holywood star if he hasnt already and a Lifetime achievment Oscar.

Trying to think what I would pick as a favorite movie of his, damn near unpossible to narrow it down to one.

Saw this online, what if Hayao did Futurama, thought it was pretty cool.

Futurama-Miyazaki.gif

Back