A bit disappointing....(Obi-Wan/ Costumer Service related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong here, I've been a costumer at Sideshow for a couple of years now (never had any problems whatsoever) and I'll continue to be so, but I have to express my disappointment here.

First of all, I'm EU based, The Netherlands to be exact. So I'm for example used to receiving my shipping notices and tracking numbers, weeks after I've received the items. (This is also something SS could improve upon when it comes to EU costumers, several friends of mine are experiencing the same problems.)

Now about four weeks ago I received my 3-day credit card payment notice for my Obi-Wan 12" exclusive, all fine and good. But after this notice, I didn't receive anything for three weeks! I thought that I'd probably receive the item before receiving any notices again, and that's all fine by me.
It wasn't untill last wednesday, that I received the message that my creditcard had been declined! (it took three weeks to send me an email about that?!)
Pretty strange considering this had never happened before, so I contacted my bank and they assured me nothing strange was going on.

The email I received from Sideshow recommended me to update my card, which I did. But the email also said that if the payment wasn't in by the 25th,
my Obi-Wan exclusive would be cancelled. That day I also received another email by the customer service, pretty much containing the same message.

So I decided to reply to both emails that I had received, explaining that I had updated my card and if they would inform me about wether my order could be processed now. These emails were both sent out by me last Wednesday (the 18th), and I haven't received a single asnwer / update yet. 9 hour time difference is also pretty annoying sometimes, when trying to contact the costumer service, so that didn't work out very well either.

Perhaps you guys can understand now that I'm quite disappointed in the fact, that I haven't received a single answer yet, even though SS considers it to be very important to get my payment in before the 25th. I'm hoping for a little miracle today, that is to receive word that my Obi has shipped. But the way it looks now, little Obi won't be riding his FedEx-Boga towards my place.

(No hard feelings towards SS:monkey3, I just hope this can be solved somehow )

wow thats not cool man. im glad i dont have to worry about that stuff going on. im sure they can help you out and fix everything-- they might even throw in something for your troubles. :D

Hope you get your Obi-Wan. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did when they canceled my Obi-Wan Exclusive instead when I called to cancel my regular edition Bespin Han. Good luck. :)

So was it that your credit card info did need to be updated and that caused the decline? Or did the bank verifiy your card was in good standing and should have been accepted?

I'm not understanding how SSC would have shown it declined if they had your correct up to date card info and you had the available credit.

Especially since you've ordered (with this card I assume?) from them before.
They don't key in the card numbers for every order by hand I hope. If that was so I would have expected to hear many others say the same thing happened simply from human error.

I've had a couple of declines because I kept hitting my card limit and received an e-mail to update within 3 days or the item would be forfeit to the wait list. But you are getting notice 3 weeks later and that's not cool. Since you are an EU customer shouldn't you be receiving notifications regarding shipping and payment directly from the EU warehouse? I usually receive my shipment and tracking notices the day after I've always received the item but I live in the US. Plus my account still shows several items I've already received as "Item shipping soon" and were never updated.

Poggle the Greater said:
So was it that your credit card info did need to be updated and that caused the decline? Or did the bank verifiy your card was in good standing and should have been accepted?

I'm not understanding how SSC would have shown it declined if they had your correct up to date card info and you had the available credit.

Especially since you've ordered (with this card I assume?) from them before.
They don't key in the card numbers for every order by hand I hope. If that was so I would have expected to hear many others say the same thing happened simply from human error.

It's all rather strange. I've used this card for every order up till now, never had any problems. It wasn't the update that caused the decline, my card had simply been declined for this order and SS suggested that it might be solved by updating my cc info, and I haven't heard a word if it has been resolved after my update.

I contacted my bank to see if the problem might have been on their side,and to check my credit, but everything seemed to be perfectly fine.

Hi Estel! I'm sorry about any problems you have been experiencing. If you could send me a PM with your name, email and online user name I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks! :duff

SideshowDusty said:
No, Dannie, I WILL NOT hold you like I did back on Naboo. :lol

But don't you want to go back to where only your love mattered?

KitFisto said:
But don't you want to go back to where only your love mattered?

That wasnt Naboo, that was SDCC '06

FreaksParty7-21-33.jpg

Estel said:
Now don't get me wrong here, I've been a costumer at Sideshow for a couple of years now (never had any problems whatsoever) and I'll continue to be so, but I have to express my disappointment here.

First of all, I'm EU based, The Netherlands to be exact. So I'm for example used to receiving my shipping notices and tracking numbers, weeks after I've received the items. (This is also something SS could improve upon when it comes to EU costumers, several friends of mine are experiencing the same problems.)

Now about four weeks ago I received my 3-day credit card payment notice for my Obi-Wan 12" exclusive, all fine and good. But after this notice, I didn't receive anything for three weeks! I thought that I'd probably receive the item before receiving any notices again, and that's all fine by me.
It wasn't untill last wednesday, that I received the message that my creditcard had been declined! (it took three weeks to send me an email about that?!)
Pretty strange considering this had never happened before, so I contacted my bank and they assured me nothing strange was going on.

The email I received from Sideshow recommended me to update my card, which I did. But the email also said that if the payment wasn't in by the 25th,
my Obi-Wan exclusive would be cancelled. That day I also received another email by the customer service, pretty much containing the same message.

So I decided to reply to both emails that I had received, explaining that I had updated my card and if they would inform me about wether my order could be processed now. These emails were both sent out by me last Wednesday (the 18th), and I haven't received a single asnwer / update yet. 9 hour time difference is also pretty annoying sometimes, when trying to contact the costumer service, so that didn't work out very well either.

Perhaps you guys can understand now that I'm quite disappointed in the fact, that I haven't received a single answer yet, even though SS considers it to be very important to get my payment in before the 25th. I'm hoping for a little miracle today, that is to receive word that my Obi has shipped. But the way it looks now, little Obi won't be riding his FedEx-Boga towards my place.

(No hard feelings towards SS:monkey3, I just hope this can be solved somehow )

Your credit card is OK, well, let me tell you something. The same thing happened to me with FIRESIDE COLLECTIBLES :mad: .
I was going to open a new thread with this, but that’s a good occasion.
I pre-ordered the Choper Predator from HT, Qui-Gon from SS and X3 Wolverine from Medicom and some weeks ago they say that they couldn’t accept my credit card. So, I e-mailed FIRESIDE COLLECTIBLES several times to pay via Pay Pal, but they never sent a single word :mad: .
Now, Wolverine and Qui-Gon are out of stock, so I can’t make the same order again :banghead . I am really disappointed too with the customer service of some companies. I had FIRESIDE COLLECTIBLES on the top as a good and serious company, but that was a really bad experience.
Sometimes I use to think that they sold-out some items faster and use these tactics with many customers :cuss and sometimes I say “no, that’s impossible” . I'm not really sure why those things happen, but one thing is for sure, I will never order again to FIRESIDE COLLECTIBLES :censored

PS: I never thought I could use so many red smilies in one thread :eek:

Last edited:
Alrighty, thread hijack going on here :rolleyes: .
Just to let you guys know, things are being worked out now.
Thanks for the help, especially Dusty and Cindy.

Estel said:
Alrighty, thread hijack going on here :rolleyes: .
Just to let you guys know, things are being worked out now.
Thanks for the help, especially Dusty and Cindy.

I'm glad to hear that. Good luck! :D

Unfortunately I have to re-open this thread again, as I haven't received word yet from the Costumer Service. I sent out my email to Cindy wednesday last week with some questions. SS is probably busy with Spooktacular and I respect that, but an answer or update would be good.

Back