New 52 Collected Editions - Your favourites/recommendations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meter Man

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm actually enjoying the new 52 and started collecting various volumes of collected editions (batman, justice league, batwoman, the suicide squad, the flash etc) I'm looking forward to the next volumes for batman, justice league and new series such as superman unchained and batman & superman.

So what are you dc fans reading and what do you recommend we pick up?

Last edited:
I'd say that's a pretty good list right there, but I'd also recommend All-Star Western and The Flash.

I'm waiting, and hoping, for a complete court of owls collection. I have the single issues but loved the story so was hoping to pick up the trade too, but I don't wanna buy two volumes, I'd rather it all in one. So I'm hoping they release a complete edition, or maybe even an Absolute edition.

As for other stuff, I'd recommend Action Comics. It starts to get a bit weird later on but the first volume would be really good. Again I just collected the single issues but the first story arc is pretty solid.

I've also been thinking of picking up the Aquaman trade and the Animal Man one, as I've heard good things about both.

I'm going to do it as I've been whoring it everywhere I can lately but Green Lantern Trades

All 4 books are well worth getting in my opinion

They have been the highlight of the New 52 for me & it's the final stories in Geoff Johns amazing run as head honcho on the GL stuff & it hasn't let us down.

I've got the entire runs in single issues but I'm more than tempted to rebuy them as trades.

Neil

The GL stuff has had my attention for a while, but I haven't jumped in yet. Maybe I'll pick up vol 1 of GL and GL corps this weekend.

I'm waiting, and hoping, for a complete court of owls collection. I have the single issues but loved the story so was hoping to pick up the trade too, but I don't wanna buy two volumes, I'd rather it all in one. So I'm hoping they release a complete edition, or maybe even an Absolute edition.

As for other stuff, I'd recommend Action Comics. It starts to get a bit weird later on but the first volume would be really good. Again I just collected the single issues but the first story arc is pretty solid.

I've also been thinking of picking up the Aquaman trade and the Animal Man one, as I've heard good things about both.

Hopefully, we'll get a Batman by Snyder Absolute Edition some day.:lecture

That would be awesome. I got my first Absolute edition recently and think its an amazing format for big storylines. Can't wait to grab some more. Snyder's run would make for a great addition.

Check out the new 52 Aquaman by Geoff Johns. Definitely worth a read.

I can't believe I forgot that one. Great suggestion!:goodpost:

That would be awesome. I got my first Absolute edition recently and think its an amazing format for big storylines. Can't wait to grab some more. Snyder's run would make for a great addition.

Definitely. I own two right now: Absolute Justice and Absolute DC: The New Frontier. However, there are quite a few that I really want.

I can't believe I forgot that one. Great suggestion!:goodpost:

Definitely. I own two right now: Absolute Justice and Absolute DC: The New Frontier. However, there are quite a few that I really want.

I've been thinking of checking out Aquaman lately. I hear its a really good read.

Yeah, my first Absolute edition was Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin and I loved it. Can't wait to get more. I really wanna get Absolute The Long Halloween, Dark Victory and All Star Superman. And wouldn't mind checking out Absolute V for Vendetta.

I've been thinking of checking out Aquaman lately. I hear its a really good read.

Yeah, my first Absolute edition was Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin and I loved it. Can't wait to get more. I really wanna get Absolute The Long Halloween, Dark Victory and All Star Superman. And wouldn't mind checking out Absolute V for Vendetta.

All star superman is a good read. I really enjoyed it.

Yeah I've read the first 6 issues I think, I downloaded the digital versions when they were on sale and got really into it. Figured if I buy the print version I may as well go all out and get the Absolute edition.

Yeah, I owned Absolute TLH and the Absolute Dark Knight books at one point, but I sold them. Currently, I'd like to pick up the following, at some point:
-Absolute All-Star Superman
-Absolute Superman/Batman Vol.1
-Absolute Superman/Batman Vol.2
-Absolute Joker/Luthor
The GL stuff, and the Morrison stuff. I'm really hoping that, at some point, they finish up Morrison's Batman run with Absolute RIP, Black Glove/Batman & Son, Return of Bruce Wayne, Inc., etc. Plus TLH/Dark Victory, and Kingdom Come. So, that's quite the list, but, due to my other hobbies, it'll probably be a while before I pick up even one more.:lol

Yeah, I owned Absolute TLH and the Absolute Dark Knight books at one point, but I sold them. Currently, I'd like to pick up the following, at some point:
-Absolute All-Star Superman
-Absolute Superman/Batman Vol.1
-Absolute Superman/Batman Vol.2
-Absolute Joker/Luthor
The GL stuff, and the Morrison stuff. I'm really hoping that, at some point, they finish up Morrison's Batman run with Absolute RIP, Black Glove/Batman & Son, Return of Bruce Wayne, Inc., etc. Plus TLH/Dark Victory, and Kingdom Come. So, that's quite the list, but, due to my other hobbies, it'll probably be a while before I pick up even one more.:lol

I had Absolute Superman/Batman on preorder but had to cancel it as I can't really afford it at the minute. Yeah I've actually been hoping they would release Morrison's run in a couple of Absolute editions too. I've recently bought all the hardcovers but it'd make a great, classy sort of collection to have the entire run in those large chunky books.

I also wanna pick up TLH (one of my favourite Bat stories), Dark Victory, Dark Knight and All Star Superman. I looked at Absolute Green Lantern rebirth but by all accounts its pretty lacklustre for an Absolute book so I don't think u could justify that sort of money for it.

Speaking of green lantern, I finally picked up volume 1 today, along with batman and robin volume 1.

Just finished GL vol 1 and it was really good. I've always loved the Sci-fi action in the green lantern stories and can't believe I've only just read this now!

Just finished GL vol 1 and it was really good. I've always loved the Sci-fi action in the green lantern stories and can't believe I've only just read this now!

See told you it was good :)

I actually got more into GL after picking up Marvels Annihilation series as I got a bit of a taste for the intergalactic settings & GL hasn't failed to disappoint

Neil

See told you it was good :)

I actually got more into GL after picking up Marvels Annihilation series as I got a bit of a taste for the intergalactic settings & GL hasn't failed to disappoint

Neil

Oh yes! I enjoyed GL as a character in the justice league, especially his banter with batman and his friendship with one of my favourites, the flash. But now I'm going to start following the series.

Now I need to tell my "gotta have it" side to NOT order the Green Lantern Premium Format haha.

Oh yes! I enjoyed GL as a character in the justice league, especially his banter with batman and his friendship with one of my favourites, the flash. But now I'm going to start following the series.

Now I need to tell my "gotta have it" side to NOT order the Green Lantern Premium Format haha.

My only real exposure to GL was through the Justice League cartoon but that was John Stewart, I knew of the other but only really in passing & had very little grounding in the universe itself so it's all been a bit new to me lately but I've fast been buying up everything I could & I have the whole of Blackest Night / Brightest day to read along with Agent Orange, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Sinestro Wars, War of the Lanterns & No Fear so think I have a fair chunk of reading to do ;)

Lol I've looked at the PF alot but I'm still not sold on how it looks.
It's ok but I think it's just not that special.

Neil

Back