Day of the dead (remake) trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jmlsuperman said:
The only thing Steve Miner (The Director) ever gave this world of any coolness was Jason's Mask in Part 3.

Didnt he have something to do with H20? I kinda liked that one. Nice nods to Psycho and Scream, Janet Leigh's last movie(?), nice locations and soundtrack by John Ottman, and Michael finally got whacked. At least until the crapalicious part 8. Or did I dream he was involved in that flick? Could've been a dream as I am not that up on Modern Horror. Older than dirt, *AHEM*, I mean, CLASSIC, Horrors are my speciality.:D

I am sorry, but it is way too early for you people to start trashing this movie. That trailer was not that bad. In fact, I would bet anyone that if you saw that trailer and the title was something other than Day of the Dead, you would have a much more positive opinion (well, minus Nic Cannon ... but maybe he gets gobbled early :D ). The same thing happened with Dawn of the Dead ... it was a great movie with a horrible choice for title... because, no matter how good a movie it was, it was going to get sh#t on by the fans of the original.

Now, this could end up being horrible. But don't let your anger toward "remakes" and a general distain for Romero remakes in particular cloud your judgement. Give it a chance to sink or swim ... hell, just ignore the title and pretend its a new zombie film .. it probably is anyway.

P.S. And to the guy who compared it to a Uwe Bolle movie ... shame on you. It took that man years to culture and develop that level of sucki-tude. Show the man some respect... :monkey3

Jmlsuperman said:
The only thing Steve Miner (The Director) ever gave this world of any coolness was Jason's Mask in Part 3.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0591171/

Sorry, Miner might not be the next Coppolla or Speilberg, but he has made some very entertaining flicks:

Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
.. aka Friday the 13th Part 3 (USA: video title)
Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

So... he pretty much introduces us to Jason ... but that's not big deal I guess :rolleyes:

House (1986)

Sorry, I loved the House movies as a child ... and I still do to this day. Great horror comedy in my opinion.

"The Wonder Years" (1988) TV Series (multiple episodes)

Okay, different kind of directing ... but still one of the defining shows of my childhood.

# Forever Young (1992)

Sure, Mel is one step removed from the Hitler Youth Brigade in the media today ... but I really enjoyed this movie. Not a classics by any means, but good for what it set out to do.

"The Practice" (1997) TV Series (multiple episodes)

One of the best law shows in recent memory ... and also lead to the creation of one of my current loves - Boston Legal

# "Dawson's Creek" (1998) TV Series

Ahhhh...... well, we all make bad decisions every now and then :monkey1

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)

Great horror film ... and how the series REALLY ended in my mind ... oh God ... the horror that is Busta Rhymes beating up on one of our horror icons ... Laurie Strode reduced to a Drew Barrymore kill ... make the bad memories go away mommy :monkey2

Lake Placid (1999)

No classic ... but still one of my guilty pleasures

"Karen Sisco" (2003)

A great recent TV show that died due to idiots owning all the Neilson's boxes.

So, as I said, Miner has made some good films ... many of them in the horror genre. So, give him the benefit of the doubt and don't hold the title against him.

DouglasMcc said:
I am sorry, but it is way too early for you people to start trashing this movie. That trailer was not that bad. In fact, I would bet anyone that if you saw that trailer and the title was something other than Day of the Dead, you would have a much more positive opinion (well, minus Nic Cannon ... but maybe he gets gobbled early :D ). The same thing happened with Dawn of the Dead ... it was a great movie with a horrible choice for title... because, no matter how good a movie it was, it was going to get sh#t on by the fans of the original.

Now, this could end up being horrible. But don't let your anger toward "remakes" and a general distain for Romero remakes in particular cloud your judgement. Give it a chance to sink or swim ... hell, just ignore the title and pretend its a new zombie film .. it probably is anyway.

P.S. And to the guy who compared it to a Uwe Bolle movie ... shame on you. It took that man years to culture and develop that level of sucki-tude. Show the man some respect... :monkey3

sorry but the fact that it's called day of the dead yet judging by the trailer 70% is at night is enough for me

pitchin said:
sorry but the fact that it's called day of the dead yet judging by the trailer 70% is at night is enough for me

Fine...

Prove to me that every single Friday the 13th film occurred on a Friday the 13th.

Did any of the Halloween movies other than 1,2, and H2O actually occur on Halloween?

Night of the Living Dead began and ended during the day.

Dawn of the Dead had a large number of night scenes.

Also, unless the movie is 3 minutes long, you haven't seen enough from 2 minutes of footage to determine the majority of the film takes place at night ... not denying it could, but there is no rational way to prove it at this point.

DouglasMcc said:
Fine...

Prove to me that every single Friday the 13th film occurred on a Friday the 13th.

Did any of the Halloween movies other than 1,2, and H2O actually occur on Halloween?

Night of the Living Dead began and ended during the day.

Dawn of the Dead had a large number of night scenes.

Also, unless the movie is 3 minutes long, you haven't seen enough from 2 minutes of footage to determine the majority of the film takes place at night ... not denying it could, but there is no rational way to prove it at this point.

are you connected with this film in anyway?

pitchin said:
are you connected with this film in anyway?

Wow... I normally only get the "conspiracy" angle from the pre-teens that frequent places like Gamefaqs and Ain't It Cool News. But, I will play along. SURE, I am the advertising manager for this film. I go to all the website on the internet and plant information. But I need to call the studio... my checks aren't being sent to the right house. I could really use a nicer car and more money to buy Sideshow stuff.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. With all the hatred you seem to be showing towards 2 MINUTES of film ... might I ask if you are connected to another competing zombie film? j/k :monkey5

DouglasMcc said:
Wow... I normally only get the "conspiracy" angle from the pre-teens that frequent places like Gamefaqs and Ain't It Cool News. But, I will play along. SURE, I am the advertising manager for this film. I go to all the website on the internet and plant information. But I need to call the studio... my checks aren't being sent to the right house. I could really use a nicer car and more money to buy Sideshow stuff.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. With all the hatred you seem to be showing towards 2 MINUTES of film ... might I ask if you are connected to another competing zombie film? j/k :monkey5

I'm bored of this ...I have better things to talk about

pitchin said:
I'm bored of this ...I have better things to talk about

Right then ... but I see it was important enough to get in the last word.

P.S. I get the hypocrisy of accusing you of wanting the last word ... but, hey, that's half the fun of forum chat :lol

But seriously, I would love to hear back when you actually have a chance to see enough of the film to make an intelligent (okay, don't mean that in a mean way) review of the film.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Remakes suck. Sorry.

While that's true in many cases, lets not forget:

The Wizard of Oz (1939) - Movie trivia time ... it WAS a remake of an older film.

The Thing (1982)

Scarface (1983)

The Fly (1986)

Evil Dead 2 (1987) - Sorry, ignoring the minor changes to the story ... this was, is, and will forever be, a higher budget remake of Evil Dead 1.

Cape Fear (1991)

Meet Joe Black (1998)

The Thomas Crowne Affaire (1999)

Vanilla Sky (2001)

Lord of the Rings (2001) - okay, this one is cheating, but Peter Jackson's masterpieces were better than the cartoon version :rotfl

Ocean's Eleven (2001) - I will take Pitt and Crew over the Rat Pack .. oh, blasphemy :lol

The Ring (2002)

Solaris (2002)

The Italian Job (2003)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

King Kong (2005) - More heresy I know, but I prefer the new version .. even if Jack Black does annoy the hell out of me with his role.

The Longest Yard (2005)

Okay, I could keep going, but you probably stopped reading by now. But all of those remakes were at least as entertaining as their original (and some were better). So, being a remake, doesn't guarrantee a crappy movie ... it may drop the film off at Crap U ... but not every one attends classes :lol

Batty said:
Are you connected with this film in any... Never mind, someone already asked. :lol

Well, not to the Day of the Dead remake. However, there is an old family wives-tales that one of my uncles was conceived on the set of Wizard of Oz ... and I have to admit he's rather short for males in my family ... hmmmm

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

DouglasMcc said:
Well, not to the Day of the Dead remake. However, there is an old family wives-tales that one of my uncles was conceived on the set of Wizard of Oz ... and I have to admit he's rather short for males in my family ... hmmmm
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Back