Prop HCG 1:1 Sonar Cowl from Batman & Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone care about that movie - enough to order this prop? Well, here it is. Love the design, but not sure I want it in the house to remind me of that flop:
HCG Cowl Replica.

750 edition, at $499.95 a pop.

cowl2.jpg

cowl5.jpg

cowl8.jpg

cowl3.jpg

cowl10.jpg

The only thing I really got out of the email was that this one is the first of several replica cowls they're going to be doing

I have the Toynami Cowl from Batman Returns and it is awesome.For me the batman design from the 2 Tim Burton movies is the best ever made.This cowl looks cool,too...but the movie was so bad...I cannot remember!:cuckoo::dunno

I really enjoyed these movies as a kid. I still like Forever. Wont get any of these though

I got this today the paint is very poor it looks quite small too

really disappointed in the whole thing :mad:

I'd have to agree. I saw this displayed at a local store and while I think the material is great, I think it's too small to fit an adult male's head had it been wearable, and that the paint app isn't good.

On a side note, do we have a separate thread for HCG's new prop offering which is from the 1989 film? I haven't seen any on here. I had it PO'd from the same store where I saw the Sonar Cowl, fingers crossed that it won't look as undersized as Sonar. Paid about $550 for it, which I think is better than getting the Toynami Returns Cowl which I always wanted but missed out on and can't afford secondary market prices.

Here's a photo and the product details in case you still haven't seen it:

This replica mask is made from fiberglass with resin base from the movie in “BATMAN” (1989). Hollywood Collector's Gallery obtained the license from Warner and DC Comics for this iconic prop and developed together with Hiroshi Katagiri, an Emmy Award winning Hollywood designer. Comes with Batwing shaped stand. The product comes with serial number and is limited to 750pcs worldwide.

SOV0020-1.jpg

1385509_519051924843741_2023893660_n.jpg

I got this today the paint is very poor it looks quite small too

really disappointed in the whole thing ------> me too, *****

Seeing as this is how a cast from original '89 cowl looks, I would be VERY disappointed with that cleaned up, inaccurate looking cowl they are producing.

t85p.jpg

I got really exited about them doing in fiberglass, as I always wanted a "floating" cowl like the Toynami bust, but never could find anyone willing to make me one, sadly. Otherwise I would have been all over THIS offering, but seeing how it actually looks, it's an easy pass.

I didn't really like Batman & Robin (the film) but I still have an appreciation for all of the Batman film props and suits so I ordered the Sonar Cowl. Today, it arrived and I'm very happy with it. I was apprehensive after purchasing the hard Dark Knight cowl display from Noble Collection...but then I realized that I've never been happy with anything I've purchased from them.

I love that the replica is hollow inside as if it were a real cowl. Obviously, you cannot wear it because your head would never fit into the 8 inch neck hole but it does seem like a believable/real life cowl if you buy into the idea that Batman would wear hard cowls (rather than rubber) like the graphite concept that was shown in Batman Begins. I also like the fact that the color is blueish. It is my first cowl that is not black.

Anyway, here are a few pics since this thread seemed to be missing that key element for the discussion....

Attachments

• IMG_6530.jpg
    IMG_6530.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6531.jpg
    IMG_6531.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_6532.jpg
    IMG_6532.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_6533.jpg
    IMG_6533.jpg