Just 4 more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
Come on Sideshow.......just 4 more Whedonverse figures:

Anyanka, Wesley,Gunn and Illyria......and if we're really good, a Skip for Dave.

Yes...TVdude is headbanging again!!!!:banghead :banghead :banghead

Ouch!!!

Come on Sideshow... just 4 more Jason figures:

Part 5 Roy , Part 8,Uber-Jason and kid Jason....

:lol :lol :lol :lol ...sorry TVDude couldnt resist the title of the thread...:monkey5

Shai Hulud said:
Come on Sideshow... just 4 more Jason figures:

Part 5 Roy , Part 8,Uber-Jason and kid Jason....

:lol :lol :lol :lol ...sorry TVDude couldnt resist the title of the thread...:monkey5

No worries Shai.....let's just remind Sideshow that life isn;t just all about star wars!:emperor :emperor :D

thamesvalidude said:
Yes...TVdude is headbanging again!!!!
Considering the lackluster performance of the current crop of Buffy and Angel figures, I hope you have a very hard head.

I think Wesley is doubtful, and even Diamond Select seems to be shunning Gunn.

If I had to limit myself to only four more, I'd take Anyanka and Illyria along with Dark Willow and Wishverse Buffy.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Illyria.jpg

dww.jpg

wvb.jpg

thamesvalidude said:
Come on Sideshow.......just 4 more Whedonverse figures:

Anyanka, Wesley,Gunn and Illyria......and if we're really good, a Skip for Dave.

Yes...TVdude is headbanging again!!!!:banghead :banghead :banghead

Ouch!!!

To have Anyanka and not have Anya
To have Illyria and not have Fred

I don't think so...

I'd say "Just 6 more"

And if life was fair and beautiful we'd get a Dawn, Tara, Harmony, Connor, Dark Willow and a Doyle.... :rolleyes:

if SS is limiting the characters, I would say do Illyria first and then the others. I really want her :monkey3

FrankenFan said:
Considering the lackluster performance of the current crop of Buffy and Angel figures, I hope you have a very hard head.

PF Buffy and both Excl. and regular Angel sold out. Darla and D'Hoffryn reach prices of $100s on eBay (when you can actually see one of them), Lorne and Giles spent a couple of months on the top sellers list.... It's the same discussion all over again... Buffy's not Star Wars. For a cult tv show and taking into account the bad choices and mistakes made by SSC in the past , I think the line is performing quite well right now...

It may be the same discussion all over again, but some folks are still missing the point. :)

I know Buffy is not Star Wars, that's not the point. The point is, the current production runs for these figures — in the context of the license and the edition sizes it needs to sell to be profitable — aren't setting Sideshow's bottom line on fire.

The jury is out on PF Buffy's success until people have it in hand and, from the tone of the recent posts in the "Hair Fix" thread, a lot of folks are uneasy about what will arrive on their doorsteps. Lorne and Giles have yet to have their edition sizes set, in spite of their top-10 reigns and their availability from third-party retailers. What Darla and D'Hoffryn sell for on eBay is completely immaterial and, if I recall correctly, both figures were not exactly welcomed to the line with open arms.

I had hoped that with the 10th anniversary of the show coming up in March, 2007, that we'd have seen some product announcements to commemorate the event; that hasn't happened. I desperately hope the line will continue, there are many, many more figures I would like to see but, I also can read the writing on the wall.

vmpr_xndr_bnnr.jpg

I hope the Angel line makes it long enough for us to get Wes, Gunn and Illyria, but I have my doubts. The fact that Cordy, a popular and highly requested character, still hasn't been able to sell out a realtively meager 1500 units is most worrisome.

I hope we just get:
Illyria
chosen buffy
tara
anya

if I could have a few more id have dawn,wes and another buffy.

(sorry, think I screwed up the whole quote a quote thing, but you'll figure it out!)

FrankenFan said:
It may be the same discussion all over again, but some folks are still missing the point. :)

I know Buffy is not Star Wars, that's not the point. The point is, the current production runs for these figures — in the context of the license and the edition sizes it needs to sell to be profitable — aren't setting Sideshow's bottom line on fire.

Buffy is not Star Wars, that's not the point.

But that's EXACTLY the point FF.

I have friends and co-workers, many of them who never watched a single episode of Buffy. Some didn't even know the TV show existed! as the WB then UPN didn't broadcast all across the U.S.A. like the big 3 networks. They've all heard of The Hulk or Spiderman. They all know what Star Wars is.
I'm the biggest Buffy fan, but it's a really small number of us, realtively speaking, that are into it and so I also realize that numbers/sales wise it isn't anywhere near as big as these other Sideshow properties. And frankly, the people at Sideshow would have been a bunch of idiots if they thought Buffy stuff would sell anywhere near what Star Wars or Marvel or Lord of the Rings stuff sells (and I don't think they are).

And what exactly is this "writing on the wall" sh... er, stuff?

Three new 12" Buffy/Angel figures have been announced in recent months and a PF Spike as well. I guess if the writing on the wall is that we might be getting a handful of 12" figures and a PF or two every year then I agree with you. There certainly is NO INDICATION the line has come to an end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I belive that much, if not all the "The Sky is Falling!" posts are intended to elicit a response from Dusty, or some other Sideshow rep to soothe your nerves by saying "the line isn't over, here are eighteen of your favorites in the next six months."

Also, how do you know what kind of numbers the line has to make to turn a profit? It could be that the agreement allows Sideshow a great deal of freedom and it certainly costs FAR less than Mavel, LOTR and Star Wars, as I dont' think there are too many other manufacturers who could do what Sideshow does.

1500 Logans produced (still available on Sideshow's site)
1200 Green Goblins produced (still available on Sideshow's site)
1000 reg and 300 excl Elektras produced (both still available on Sideshow's site)
500 Spiderman Exclusives produced (still available on Sideshow's site)
1000 regular Hulks produced (still available on Sideshow's site)
1000 regular and 250 special Punisher PFs produced , special still available at Sideshow)

900 Regular and Exclusive Buffys SOLD OUT

Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather make and sell 900 of something than make 1000, 1500 or more and have dozens or hundreds sitting in a warehouse collecting dust. An example...

Van Helsing 1500 made, and no "less than 100" countdown themometer on that one. THAT is an unsuccesful PF, Selling 900 Buffys is not.

One more thing, Sideshow is making only 400 Roger Moore as Bond Premium Format figures, they're still available too. If Sideshow is willing to make as few as 400 of a PF and not just cancel it outright for still not selling out, for the Bond line why the pessimism that SELLING OUT of 900 Buffy's is a sign of (another) end of the world?????

If Sideshow hasn't announced more 12" figures by the time ToyFair is done in February then I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree that the line is on life support. If by the end of Comicon next year there are no new announcements, then I'll start to wear black. Until then I'm going to enjoy things as we've got it pretty good right now with the Buffy PF out in a week or two, Cordy, Giles and Lorne all in coming months and a PF Spike in the Spring.

I'm afraid I do, reluctantly, have to agree with Frankenfan.
I guess my bottom line was always Giles and Sideshow have duly delivered on that one, so I shouldn't whine. The "just 4 more" characters would be very nice icing on the cake, but even I couldn't say they are truly "core" figures.
The "just 4 more" thread title, is in itself a recognition that the line is getting very near the buffers, if it hasn't already hit them.
An Anyanka and an Illyria (doubtful because it wouldn't be easy to make) would almost suffice.
Indeed ANY Buffyverse figure (except an obscure demon!!!!) would be more than welcome.
The 4 I mentioned would certainly be very nice to have and would more than satisfy the completist in me.
(I wonder why DST haven't produced a GUNN?)

I may be banging my head against the wall again, but I'm not hurting myself on this one....no advil will be needed.:rolleyes:

Wes and Gunn are very much "core" characters. It would be like the Buffy line not having Giles or Xander.

For some reason even though gunn and wes are core characters Im not fussed if we get them:confused: I dont know why that is because I dont diss like them.

Anyway we should get illyria and no fred.
anya:anya2
Another buffy
wes
and then gunn,dawn and tara would just be extras

EDIT:
I dont think the buffy line is dying down.I just think there giving our wallets a rest.And im glad they slowed down a bit gives you a chance to get other stuff.
Id think theyy would carry on for at least another 2 yrs

ffl1940 said:
...it's a really small number of us, realtively speaking, that are into it and so I also realize that numbers/sales wise it isn't anywhere near as big as these other Sideshow properties.

That's my point: It's not that the numbers are low in relation to other properties, but that the numbers are simply disappointing in relation to the property itself. I don't think the folks at Sideshow are idiots, either. Quite the contrary, I think they are extremely astute and pay very close attention to how their licenses perform. The initial Buffy figures sold-out edition sizes of 7500, but now a major character like Xander is drowning in a combined ES of 3250.

Regarding the ES and in-stock status of the Marvel PFs you listed, Sideshow may not be thrilled with those numbers, either. PF Buffy may be sold-out on Sideshow's site, but the edition size also includes sales to third-party retailers, many of whom still have it for sale at discounted prices.

I didn't say the line is at an end (and I'm speaking specifically to the 1:6 figures, here, not the license in general), but consider: Now that Giles, Xander, and Cordelia have been announced, which new characters are left other than secondary and tertiary players and MotW? If characters like Giles, Xander, and Cordelia — our belovedest and mostest-wantedest Scoobies — are not selling briskly, how viable are characters like Anya, Tara, or Dawn? (That's the writing on the wall, btw.) I'm always up for more vamps, demons, and monsters but, I'm usually in the minority, there.

Please don't put me on the so-called bandwagon of nattering nabobs of Buffy negativity, ffl1940. The sky will not fall if I don't get an Anyanka dolly (but, I reserve the right to uncontrollably sob). Nor do I need anyone from Sideshow to soothe my nerves with promises of good things to come (though based on your post, you seem to be a bit on edge and in need of some reassurance. :) ) However, I do think the 1:6 line has seen better days. So what if I do? Simply regard my comments as spurious conjecture, the musings of an over-age fanboy with a keyboard and some time to kill. (Oh, wait... you did. :))

ffl1940 said:
If Sideshow hasn't announced more 12" figures by the time ToyFair is done in February then I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree that the line is on life support. If by the end of Comicon next year there are no new announcements, then I'll start to wear black. Until then I'm going to enjoy things as we've got it pretty good right now with the Buffy PF out in a week or two, Cordy, Giles and Lorne all in coming months and a PF Spike in the Spring.

Amen, to that, brother. Amen! :stake

brgbffy.gif

I personally would like to see a Wesley, a Doyle, a Jenny, and a set of the fearsome four (Angel, Darla, Spike and Dru) in the period clothing....that's it.

But I'm not holding my breath for any of them, really. I'm grateful for Giles and I'll purchase Cordelia. If any of those I listed above are released, then I'll consider them a bonus.

Now that Giles, Xander, and Cordelia have been announced, which new characters are left other than secondary and tertiary players and MotW? If characters like Giles, Xander, and Cordelia — our belovedest and mostest-wantedest Scoobies — are not selling briskly, how viable are characters like Anya, Tara, or Dawn?

The most viable unmade character--even more so than Cordy, IMHO--is Tara. People underestimate the popularity of the Willow-Tara relationship, which was actually the only healthy romantic relationship on the show {not to mention an historic milestone in gay/lesbian portrayal on TV). Additionally, her OMWF dress is iconic not to mention gorgeous, and a Tara in that outfit would be a huge draw for multiple audiences much as the lovely attired Drusilla was. If announced in conjunction with a long-overdue decent Willow figure (Dark Witch Willow, to get the interest of multiple audiences), it would reawaken and rejuvenate interest in the line as well as correct Sideshow's worst mistake (that ugly turn-off line-hurting travesty of a Willow we have now).

As much as we all love Cordy, she just doesn't have the gorgeousness and drawing power that an OMWF Tara would have esp. if announced in conjunction with a decent Dark Witch or other Willow. DST's OMWF Tara and OMWF Willow interlocking busts have been selling briskly and tapping into a beloved dynamic Sideshow has failed to exploit.

That renewed level of interest would in turn make Dawn, Anya, etc. viable in future. Lines don't just sustain themselves in a vacuum; interest must be built through a good variety of release choices designed to appeal to different segments of the fanbase. Sideshow has been very uneven in that respect ever since alienating fans and retail partners with the ugly Willow.

Back