Greetings from Alaska

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theundeadkennedy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello collectors,

I'm just getting into the hobby of 1/6th scale and have found your community to be a wonderful resource so far.

I first became interested in the 1/6th scale while on vacation in Japan a few years back. I was making my way through the toy stores in Akihabara and came across a case of Hot Toys figures and I was shocked by how breathtakingly detailed they were. The case didn't even have characters I felt any real connection to, but I wanted them regardless. Unfortunately they were completely out of my budget for that vacation.

I met my wife not too long after that vacation back here in Alaska and got out of the habit of buying things that I thought looked cool in favor handling bills and whatnot. Were a little better off financially than in the first couple of years and have recently bought our first home and in that home I have a room for my things. For the first time in years I've pulled my stuff out of boxes and have a place to display them.

I would like to focus my collection on 1/6th comic book movie figures. I really would like to do a Justice League VS Avengers display, but since there is only Batman and Superman to be had out of the Justice League it will be a Batman/ Superman VS Cap, Thor, Iron Man and maybe Hulk display. I pre ordered Iron Man Mk 42 and the Man of Steel Superman through SST and have been playing the Ebay game trying to land a DX12 Batman for a good price. One deal fell through already because the seller said he broke the leg off while packing my DX12 for shipping, so the search goes on. I may or may end up waiting a bit because I just pre ordered the 1/4th scale Hot Toys Dark Knight through BBTS and I do have a budget and they don't do installments like SST. After reading up on the 1/4 scale Dark Knight here and seeing all the pics it was really hard not to get in on the pre order since Batman is my favorite character. This will most likely be my only 1/4 scale figure.

I didn't mean to be long winded. Thanks to everyone who makes this place such an awesome resource! :wave

-James

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show, James! :duff
icon_snoopy.gif
wavesmile.gif

I think so too. I haven't put enough thought into what I'm going to do about a proper display case to handle the battle, but I'm sure ill find something from browsing other members display threads.

Back