Prop eFX Collectibles - Darth Maul Lightsaber Legend - Signature Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixthScaleEdward

Super Freak
Reaction score
210.jpg

1000340_10201624863694128_16531714_n.jpg

Am I the only one excited for this? :blissy

Finally owning a piece from the movie that dragged me into Star Wars. :yess:

:wave

https://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-210-darth-maul-lightsaber-legend.aspx#

PRE-ORDER STARTS TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2013 @ 9AM PDST. THERE IS A $150 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO PLACE A PRE-ORDER.

- MSRP: $399 (Plus Shipping/Handling and CA Sales Tax, if applicable)
- Ray Park Signature Edition
- Worldwide Edition Size: 500 Pieces
- Direct cast from screen-used lightsaber. NO 3D Scanning or Modeling.(Except machined aluminum emitters)
- Constructed in resin, metal and plastic
- Signed numbered plaque
- Lightsaber/Plaque Stand
- eFX Display Base
- Prop Story/Certificate of Authenticity
- Ships October, 2013

Darth Maul, who appeared in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, is probably the most popular villain to be introduced in the Star Wars universe since Darth Vader in Episode IV: A New Hope and Boba Fett in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Even though he only appeared in Episode I, he has left an everlasting legacy in the Star Wars saga.

Darth Maul was trained in the ways of the dark side of the Force as the first apprentice of Darth Sidious, a Dark Lord of the Sith. Wielding his iconic double-bladed ligthsaber, Maul engages in an epic battle with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his then apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Maul kills the Jedi Master, but underestimates Kenobi’s skill in the Force and meets his fate. The Jedi Padawan uses the Force to propel himself out of the reactor and uses his Jedi Master’s lightsaber to sever Maul in half at the waist.

There were several versions of Darth Maul lightsabers created, each one was designed specifically to suit the requirements of a particular scene or sequence. There were a non-bladed and a bladed dueling "hero", a dueling stunt, and a cut away. The eFX Darth Maul Legend Edition Lightsaber is a faithful recreation of the non-bladed hero version lightsaber equipped with metal emitters. This replica was created by directly molding a screen-used original, thus an eFX Legend.

We are honored that Ray Park has agreed to work with eFX to create this autographed version of his lightsaber. Ray has portrayed many characters, but none as memorable as the Sith Lord, Darth Maul, and he continues to be one of the most popular Star Wars celebrities.

eFX is proud to present this very special prop replica, the Legend Edition Darth Maul Lightsaber as featured in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. We are sure that this will be a proud, new addition to your Star Wars prop replica collection!

GINO said:

Screen-Used Darth Maul saber 101

1. There were no metal body versions of this saber made for the film. Some were cast resin bodies with separate metal ends, and some were completely resin including the ends.
2. All the buttons on these sabers were part of the resin casting and painted. No version of Maul's saber used actual separate buttons.
3. Every screen-used version we came across in our research did not have actual emitter holes. There is only one shot in the entire film where you can see a saber emitter with a hole in it.
4. There were several different types of Darth Maul sabers used in Ep. 1. (not including the ones sliced in half by Obi-Wan)
The ones most commonly known are the hero version (for close-up shots), and the standard dueling versions (for most of the combat scenes).
Another is the HERO dueling version, which is what the EFX replica is based on and there were only a few of these made for the film.

Hero version
- Created by casting a resin saber body over a threaded rod, with metal ends added.
- Includes a covertec clip and retains all of the silver and red button detailing.
- Threaded rod is sliced off flush with the emitter ends.
- Emitter ends are flat and do not have recessed centers.

Standard Dueling version
- Created by casting a resin saber body over a threaded rod, with metal ends added.
- No covertec clip added, and all the raised button detailing has been sanded off and replaced with painted dots (so that Ray Park could twirl the saber without the raised buttons getting caught on his gloves).
- The threaded rod extends well beyond the saber body so that the colored dueling blades have something to be attached to.
- Emitter ends have recessed centers.

Hero Dueling version
- Exactly the same as the standard dueling version, except it retains all the raised button detailing (this is a hybrid of the hero and standard dueling versions).

The EFX Legend Edition version is going to emulate the Hero version in every way, except that the emitter ends will be representative of what is seen on screen vs. the actual film prop (which does not have a recessed center or an emitter hole).
In the pictures of the EFX prototype shown above, the emitter ends are just temporary stand-ins and will be replaced with metal ends that have recessed centers and an emitter hole as seen on screen.

maul101.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Efx Collectibles - Darth Maul Lightsaber Legend - Signature Edition

take a look at the close up pics.

this will not be a shiny lightsaber like the MR ones.

But this will be quite accurate!

Yes! They were never shiny in TPM! :D I'm liking the weathering so far.

https://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-210-darth-maul-lightsaber-legend.aspx#

PRE-ORDER STARTS TUESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2013 @ 9AM PDST. THERE IS A $150 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED TO PLACE A PRE-ORDER.

- MSRP: $399 (Plus Shipping/Handling and CA Sales Tax, if applicable)
- Ray Park Signature Edition
- Worldwide Edition Size: 500 Pieces
- Direct cast from screen-used lightsaber. NO 3D Scanning or Modeling.(Except machined aluminum emitters)
- Constructed in resin, metal and plastic
- Signed numbered plaque
- Lightsaber/Plaque Stand
- eFX Display Base
- Prop Story/Certificate of Authenticity
- Ships October, 2013

Darth Maul, who appeared in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, is probably the most popular villain to be introduced in the Star Wars universe since Darth Vader in Episode IV: A New Hope and Boba Fett in Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Even though he only appeared in Episode I, he has left an everlasting legacy in the Star Wars saga.
Darth Maul was trained in the ways of the dark side of the Force as the first apprentice of Darth Sidious, a Dark Lord of the Sith. Wielding his iconic double-bladed ligthsaber, Maul engages in an epic battle with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his then apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Maul kills the Jedi Master, but underestimates Kenobi’s skill in the Force and meets his fate. The Jedi Padawan uses the Force to propel himself out of the reactor and uses his Jedi Master’s lightsaber to sever Maul in half at the waist.
There were several versions of Darth Maul lightsabers created, each one was designed specifically to suit the requirements of a particular scene or sequence. There were a non-bladed and a bladed dueling "hero", a dueling stunt, and a cut away. The eFX Darth Maul Legend Edition Lightsaber is a faithful recreation of the non-bladed hero version lightsaber equipped with metal emitters. This replica was created by directly molding a screen-used original, thus an eFX Legend.
We are honored that Ray Park has agreed to work with eFX to create this autographed version of his lightsaber. Ray has portrayed many characters, but none as memorable as the Sith Lord, Darth Maul, and he continues to be one of the most popular Star Wars celebrities.
eFX is proud to present this very special prop replica, the Legend Edition Darth Maul Lightsaber as featured in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. We are sure that this will be a proud, new addition to your Star Wars prop replica collection!

yes, I spoke to Bryan at SDCC, and they've been so quiet for all their products because they want to close the time it takes from Proto to Production so this will be out this year. Per announcement, this will ship in October!

Bryan actually let me handle Ray Park's hero lightsaber that they are using for this, it looks exactly like it. I'm stoked, you won't be disappointed. However, if you're looking for an idealized version, this isn't for you since it's not all made of metal or has that high quality finish.

I really don't like "idealized" versions. I always prefer what I saw on screen. :D

Gonna have one of these on my shelf! :rock
Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Last edited:
Will they do a version without the signature at a lower price? I'd love this saber but don't really need the autograph.

I might get this down the road but probably not going to preorder.

looks good tho

More interested in their studio scale y wing, scout trooper helmet and legend boba. DAMN thats going to be a lot of money!

Will they do a version without the signature at a lower price? I'd love this saber but don't really need the autograph.

Chances are slim for another legend version without the signature. There is always a possibility for a stunt version without signature, but you won't be getting another legend.

Will be getting this. Need a "high end" lightsabre replica in my collection and Maul is one of my favourites. :)

I've held this and Ray's actual saber and both have great weight. This has a metal rod through the center I believe for stability so it doesn't warp.

:clap

I still can't get the "request a new password" option on their website to reset my password. (EDIT: Bryan fixed it)

Last edited:
Back